xVolloxx

Such A Shame

51 posts in this topic

I will buy when cost 9,99 euros or can rent in a videoshop game in my country,at the monent isnt possible rent due to covid 19

Edited by locoporkko

I agree with all you said. It is a fantastic game, and while I can justify the price as I really enjoy this type of game, I don’t think for most it’s worth the AAA price tag. Hopefully it sees success and we get a sequel in the future!

I'm only at the 4th chapter at the moment and so far I've been very impressed, but I agree that the price is a bit steep. 

LiS 1 Released at £16-20 at launch, but of course if you played it, you'd know that it reuses the environments a hell of a lot which lowers the cost.

LiS 2 Launched at £33, but there was a free demo in the form of "Captain Spirit," and every episode was in a new unique location. So the cost is kinda explained

True Colours Released (Digitally) at £50, (or higher if you're getting a deluxe edition), so far the game mostly follows the LiS 1 model from what I've seen. Literally the only major expense this game in comparison to the other games is the addition of Mo-Cap technology

TBH I still kinda want it to go back to the true episodic format but so long as the series sticks around, I'm happy. 🙂

Well the way things go when it comes to games they normally make a lot of things abit over priced just to either break even or because they are greedy. I liked the first game and the dlc and the second game didn't look to me the best but the price is what made me stay away I always wait on sales as that is how it is. But to me all I can say is if this series never gets another game then well...

Edit: it is going to basically join deus ex with the other dead series that belong to square enix

Edited by Lonemankane

8 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

1,557 posts

1f914.png

Maybe they meant lately 😂

Well I bought both PS4 and PS5 versions because I like this series a lot and want to support it so at least that's two sales from me

I bought the edition that includes the remasters of the first game and Before the Storm. I like the series and hope it does do well enough to continue. 

Talking with my brother about this yestetday. Back in the day studios used to fund smaller projects with the profits of bigger projects as it was important to have both. 3 Women was funded due to Star Wars (for example).

But now that everyone has to be worried about stock prices we no longer can afford to have an art project so studios get axed.

Both Behind the Storm (an awful cashgrab compared to the original LiS) and LiS2 (not including complete game on disc with download required) hurt this franchise badly in my eyes. It's a moderately low priority in my list now no thanks to mismanagement and stuff while I seriously consider the first game one of the brilliants of last gen. Unfortunately. So, yeah, it's a shame. But its pricetag isn't an issue in my book.

So I payed 80€ (that's around 95$) for the Collection and I think it's definitely worth it. I mean it's the new one for PS4 and PS5 and both Remastered games (LIS 1, BTS) also for PS4 and PS5. So it's like 30 bucks each game. 

And I think it's time that everybody has to understand how much money and work goes into video games. We can't expect to get a AAA title every year for 30 bucks. This sh*t is expensive and it's only fair to pay a higher price when it's just been released. 

The industry is completely f*cked and no one cries about it when EA releases a new FIFA for 100 bucks that's the same every year only that Ronaldos face looks a bit better than the year before.

I agree on the price, far too much for a game that's only really playable once and is relatively short with not too much to do, especially after you complete it that's it.

5 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

1,557 posts

1f914.png

Lmao! If you actually go check the majority of the posts are from a long time ago, I think I've posted maybe 4 times in the last 5 years.

4 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Thoughts

Your title is very click baity.

I honestly had no other idea how to phrase it, Apologies.

3 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Both Behind the Storm (an awful cashgrab compared to the original LiS) and LiS2 (not including complete game on disc with download required) hurt this franchise badly in my eyes. It's a moderately low priority in my list now no thanks to mismanagement and stuff while I seriously consider the first game one of the brilliants of last gen. Unfortunately. So, yeah, it's a shame. But its pricetag isn't an issue in my book.

Before the storm is actually superb! And is developed by the same team behind True Colors, I'd really recommend giving it another shot when the remaster releases. 

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The fact is, a decent majority of games have around 10 hours of pure, great, original, gameplay in them.

The rest is padding… and I’m not paying for the padding, I’m paying for the experience :dunno:

Well said.  

i may pick this up when it goes on sale, or around the time the other remasters release. It sucks it got released in a very hard spot.  Tales of Arise, Deathloop, and NBA 2K22, are all expected to sell extremely well. So for this to be released in the same window makes it a tough spot. Even still, 2 weeks until Lost Judgment. Another game many have eyes on. So if people could only buy 1 or 2 games this month i can see it very hard to pick True Colors. Its a shame too as i did like Life is Strange. 

So i hope it sells well but we will see.

Edited by Infected Elite

Just now, Infected Elite said:

Well said.  

i may pick this up when it goes on sale, or aroumd the time the others release. It sucks it got released in a very hard spot.  Tales of Arise, Deathloop, and NBA 2K22, are all expected to sell extremely well. So for this to be released in the same window makes it a tough spot. Even still, 2 weeks until Lost Judgment. Another game many have eyes on, so if people could only buy 1 or 2 games this month i can see it very hard to pick True Colors. Its a shame too as i did like Life is Strange. 

So i hope it sells well but we will see.

In fairness, I suspect it will go on heavy discount eventually - the previous games did, even after selling just fine - TBH, I just wanted to support them by buying the big fancy version - I’m more interested in ensuring that devs doing this kind of game keep doing them than I am in a few extra custom outfits for the main character ☺️

If you did like LiS, I’m very confident this one will hit the right spot for you too, if you do get around to it.

I personally loved BtS, and LiS2, but both were taking a slightly different approach than the first game, and were a little divisive in that regard - this one feels tonally closest to that first one (with, actually, some slight similarities to Twin Mirror too - though this game hits in a way that one tended to miss)…

I’m coming up on the last chapter now as I play, and it has it’s hooks in me on every front so far!

I agree, but have to admit that line of thinking is probably a big part of why TellTale games went bankrupt (along with paying for licensed property). Most people waited for the inevitable sales (myself included).

Even with that in mind, the $50 price tag is too high unless your planning to play multiple times over the years. I'd probably buy it when its below $20, but if you like it the most you can do is support it and spread the good word. I think the franchise sells more than people let think. I doubt Square picked that price point randomly.

6 hours ago, xVolloxx said:

Hi guys!

I don't post very often at all, But it just had to be said, This game is exceptional! From the characters, Writing and soundtrack.

I feel sorry on the developers on the other hand that it'll go unnoticed, Full narrative driven games with little replayability aren't all that popular, So I don't know whose idea it was to make this a full price title.

Most people including fans just aren't going to pay 49.99GBP for it and that's a shame, I reckon if this were say half the price of a normal title it'd do far better.

It's sad because I doubt we'll see another LIS title, Don't think this will sell all that well because of it, The additional DLC should've been included also.

Anyhow, Amazing game tho! 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

xVolloxx

Would pay $20 or under for it.  

Devs need to be aware of what they may do to the future of a franchise.

It is sad as you mentioned Vollo as if its sales are bad, it will be gone.

Here's to hoping that is not the case.  

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, I suspect it will go on heavy discount eventually - the previous games did, even after selling just fine - TBH, I just wanted to support them by buying the big fancy version - I’m more interested in ensuring that devs doing this kind of game keep doing them than I am in a few extra custom outfits for the main character 263a.png

If you did like LiS, I’m very confident this one will hit the right spot for you too, if you do get around to it.

I personally loved BtS, and LiS2, but both were taking a slightly different approach than the first game, and were a little divisive in that regard - this one feels tonally closest to that first one (with, actually, some slight similarities to Twin Mirror too - though this game hits in a way that one tended to miss)…

I’m coming up on the last chapter now as I play, and it has it’s hooks in me on every front so far!

Reason i never played i think 2(?) was obvs i prefer physical. i collect, though LiS was a plus game. But i think episode 5 was still a download code but apparently thats fixed now. Before The Storm was just bad timing too.

when this drops ill get it. Do i need to have played any though? i thought it's its own story.

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Reason i never played i think 2(?) was obvs i prefer physical. i collect, though LiS was a plus game. But i think episode 5 was still a download code but apparently thats fixed now. Before The Storm was just bad timing too.

when this drops ill get it. Do i need to have played any though? i thought it's its own story.

It’s a completely separate story - there is one character (a main one here) who was a secondary character in Before the Storm - though as far as I can tell, there is never even any reference to her being from Arcadia Bay - her backstory isn’t really a plot point here, so really, it’s just an indication of where this one sits on a timeline, gauging her age in that game and this one.

Aside from that, there is nothing linking them aside from thematic and conceptual parallels - certainly nothing that would require playing any of the previous games

This  was my first LIS I bought at full price. Pre ordered the ultimate edition. I think the price is fair but let's wait until the numbers are released first before declaring it a financial failure.