Dirt 5 Wild Spirits DLC

Stormborn-UK

• 4 months later...

Did you ever complete the last time trial in Wild Spirits? I'm stuck on that one too at the moment. With the Prodrive Hunter I'm not quite fast enough on the last section and with the Laffiye G-tec I slide way too much and can't get up to speed fast enough after corners

Yes, they intentionally made the last DLC batch harder. It was part of their update notes when they released the last patch for the game. 

Gate Crasher events were the ones I had the most trouble with as some really give you no room for error. The regular time trials were pretty simple. My advice is to experiment with turning off/lessening the sensitivity for some assists. Using a lot of assists will always slow you down more than helping you in most racing games. Especially brake and stability assists. I generally always shut the braking assist completely off and keep stability assist on the lowest setting. These are the two that will greatly kill your speed especially if you have them set on high. 

Of course, if you're used to leaning on these assists, you're going to have to spend a little time adjusting your playstyle to accommodate. Also as a general rule of thumb for racing games; only use the regular brake for really tight corners, for every other kind of turn, use the handbrake to get the car to drift and you'll maintain more speed that way. 

I had a really tough time with some of the final time trials. Honestly I just kept trying improving a second here or there. I know that's not the magic answer anyone is looking for (trust me I was looking for it too) but somehow I managed to get them done. As previously stated take your corners as tight as you can to shave any time you can. If you mess a lap up just keep going as starting over takes more time since the whole first lap is just to get up to speed. 

Here's a YouTube link of me finishing the one that gave me a lot of trouble: 

https://youtu.be/MOYnr5PAWH4

Hope this helps