I was surprised how good this was

ArtMontef

• 2 months later...

My wife and I are only part way into chapter 2 and we are hooked. I really enjoyed the first game and before the storm. Sadly skipped the second game (we'll get to it eventually) but I saw it was on sale so I grabbed it immediately. We'll be bingeing the rest of the game pretty quickly I imagine haha

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

My wife and I are only part way into chapter 2 and we are hooked. I really enjoyed the first game and before the storm. Sadly skipped the second game (we'll get to it eventually) but I saw it was on sale so I grabbed it immediately. We'll be bingeing the rest of the game pretty quickly I imagine haha

Beware of the second gamw. It's super polarizing. You will either love it or despise it. I couldn't bring myself to finish it at all

• Like 1

Both the second and the third one are feeling much better and realistic in terms of screenplay and writing some time after the release. I have never touched the second one because of the reviews and general reception in my country (Russia), but I decided to give it a go after my father have died and BLM protests have really happened and made the news here. It kicked me right into my nuts. It was brilliant, just needed more time like a bottle of wine. And I have started the third one after the last week's tragedy at one of our mines (you can Google "the Listvyajnaya mine explosion"). Real world tie-ins are bringing the immersion and characters to the next level, it made me truly feel them and the message of the series itself. Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy all the life is strange games and I'd def say this is the best one.

I feel like the "mystery"/conspiracy plot kinda stumbled at the end, but Alex's characterization and journey was very well done. She was easily the best and most interesting protag of the series.

Also I thought that the facial animations, particularly of Alex, were pretty impressive. They avoided the uncanny valley shit imo. Acting was quite good as well, despite dealing with some of the series trademark corny ass dialogue. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I enjoy all the life is strange games and I'd def say this is the best one.

I feel like the "mystery"/conspiracy plot kinda stumbled at the end, but Alex's characterization and journey was very well done. She was easily the best and most interesting protag of the series.

Also I thought that the facial animations, particularly of Alex, were pretty impressive. They avoided the uncanny valley shit imo. Acting was quite good as well, despite dealing with some of the series trademark corny ass dialogue. 

Glad someone else agrees on the facial animations. They went for faces being expressive and readable over uberrealistic, which turned out fantastic. Funny how some eye rolls, eyebrow raise or shoulder shrugs can give to characters expression 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:39 PM, ArtMontef said:

Beware of the second gamw. It's super polarizing. You will either love it or despise it. I couldn't bring myself to finish it at all

Boy did u say a mouthful. I just played it n didn't like it. It had a couple of good moments but overall...no thanks. I see y I avoided it like the plague for so long. True colors on the other hand was great. Didn't know if I would enjoy this 1 but man it was really good. I played it right after LIS2 n for me it was night n day. The story was good n didn't overstay its welcome (looking at u LIS2) the characters were likeable n relatable for me. This 1 n the the original are definitely my favorites. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m nearly finished with chapter 2. Very much enjoying this and it certainly does seem more mature with its storyline. It’s a slower paced game but it’s nice to play. I love the country town - would love to live there! I’ve also played the original and BTS but only the free episode 1 of LIS2 and wasn’t so keen. I’d play it if it comes to Plus though.