Ending Thoughts (Spoiler Warning)

How did everyone's first playthrough turn out? What did you think of the ending?

I chose Steph with my first playthrough with the rose and got everyone to believe me except for Eleanor (mainly because I didn't remind her Gabe's death to avoid making her depressed but then I guess Riley naturally found out about her condition, serves me right to worry about her depression and this is how she repays me). 

I also think that Ryan believing you or not depends on how many others believe you (Charlotte, Pike, Eleanor, Duckie, Steph). Steph by default believes you so you just need 2/4 the others to swing the decision for Ryan to believe since by counting Steph it's 3/5 and that's the majority.

As for the final decision to stay or leave Haven. If you chose Steph with rose, it really doesn't matter how many people believe you at the council meeting as she's been wanting to leave before so if you decide to leave Haven, her following you makes sense. Obviously, if none of the people believe you, then it makes even more sense to leave.

If you chose Ryan and he believed you at the council meeting then it makes sense to stay in Haven because Ryan has been in Haven his whole life, less believable that he is just going to get up and follow you on your adventure. If you chose Ryan and he did NOT believe you and you do not forgive him, then it makes sense to leave Haven since there is nothing for you here...

Personally, if you chose Ryan with rose and he believes you - kinda feel awkward you are in a relationship with the son of the guy who murdered your entire family.

Even though the choices throughout the game did not matter too much into the ending (like LIS 1 where it was basically 1 final decisions and 2 outcomes) whereas LIS 2 choices throughout mattered more with more combinations... I personally thought True Colors was my favorite in the series as I was a former foster kid and felt the emotions/scenarios Alex was feeling/encountered... fighting, loneliness, depression, medication, belonging, etc.

Also, the "villains" of this game made more sense than the first two. LIS 1 Jefferson was just a psycho but the underlying motivations are very suspect and hard to buy it. LIS 2 was just racists whereas True Colors with Jed and Diane, you understand their motivations, it was more believable and their characters are much more complex than those previous LIS villains.

Edited by QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui
  • Like 1

I also chose to give Steph the rose at the festival. And I didn’t tell Eleanor about Gabe either (trying to save her heartbreak) 

I only had 2 people believe me at the meeting: Steph and Charlotte. Which I was surprised about. I thought the only person I wasn’t going to convince was Duckie because tbh I never went out of my way to speak with him. I was actually really bummed Eleanor didn’t believe me. 

I chose to stay in Haven with Steph. I really liked the scenario Gabe dreamed up for me there (both as the character and personally) 

overall definitely my favourite of the franchise so far.

however I didn’t think the point of having their dad in the caves as a story point was needed. That felt unnecessary imo. 

• Like 1

I stayed with Steph at Haven 

Got only Pike to back me up (Take his fear away at the police station) 

-Duckie X ( got his order and drink right, but didn't dance with him at the tavern) 

-Elinor X ( I told her about Gabe's death), but also told Riley about her Alzheimer's

-Charlotte X (this ungrateful bitch is who annoyed me the most, I took away her anger and this is how she repays me lmao)

-Ryan X ( I don't blame him, this one is understandable. It's his father after all and I didn't romance him) *I am aware that he supports you depends on the majority

All on all I think it is stupid, I tried to help these people as much as I could and they turn their backs on me ? thank God for Steph tho ❤️ btw I forgave Jed at the end .. felt he was just scared, being used and pressured by Typhon. 

*P.S: fuck Diane ...and Charlotte .. and Ethan 

• Like 1

Yeah... If you need a majority to get Ryan to side with you, you need all of them, I had all bar one siding with me 

• Pike ? Removed his fear of Typhon, makes sense
  • Duckie ? We danced for approximately 3 minutes because I forgot I could press circle
  • Charlotte ? I guess removing her emotions of blame lead her to feel nothing towards the revelations
  • Elinor ? My guess was that not telling Riley about her condition was key
  • Steph ? Glad she didn't hold a grudge that I picked Ryan
  • Ryan ? I chose to forgive him when he came to my room the next morning, tbh I seemed to be forgiving every member of that family for 10 minutes

Anyway I chose to stay in Haven with Ryan, judging by the stats, I'm fairly alone in picking him over Steph. If I'm honest, I felt like if I met Steph and Ryan irl, Ryan would take longer to get tired of my s*** an attack me compare to Steph, I would of given the rose to the Jelly Bean counter given the choice... I felt like we bonded...

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 6:33 AM, batkatattack said:

I managed to get all of them on my side. Which gave me a way better ending than I got in LiS2.

Eleanor - I told her about Gabe's death. (She was going to find out either way.) I kept her secret from Riley. (Which is probably why she makes the comment about Alex being trustworthy.) I just didn't feel like it was Alex's place to tell. 

Charlotte - I didn't take her anger. (In this instance, it felt wrong to me. She needed to grieve.) So she was angry enough to stand up and say something. 

Steph - I chose Ryan. But I also reminded Steph she was hot too at the LARP, if that mattered. (Honestly I would've chosen either of them. I loved both their characters.) So I never seemed to make her mad at me either. 

Pike - Took his fear away. (Actually probably the most difficult choice, aside from Ryan or Steph, for me given the history of the series and the big consequences.)

Duckie - Got his order right and danced with him. 

I chose to stay in Haven with Ryan because everyone sided with me. And the picture Gabe painted of Alex's life there just seemed (to me) what would be nicest for her since she's already moved around so much. Especially since she felt at home. 

Additionally, I chose to forgive Jed. He was in a difficult situation himself. Not that I think he was right. But I get it. 

Overall, I think all of the characters in this game were super well-written. Very relatable. I actually think this is my favorite game in the series now. As always with this series, I wish I could erase it from my brain and play it for the first time all over again.

I’m literally just going to say see above because I got the exact same outcome haha and made the same decisions. 
Completely agree wanting a fresh mind to play through this again, just gutted it was over so quickly 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got everyone on my side at the end

Charlotte - told her not to sign/didn't take away her anger/reconciled at the end of the spring festival

Duckie - got his order right/danced with him

Eleanor - Reminded her of Gabe's death/didn't tell Riley her secret

Pike - took away his fear

Ryan - got him to flirt with Diane

Steph - flirted at LARP/gave her a rose/kissed on rooftop

In the end, I left with Steph to go on an adventure because she wanted to leave, and I didn't want to hold her dream backs.

I was really pleased with the outcome of my choices, as I got all the results I was hoping for. The one with Pike took me the longest to decide on.

This is definitely my favourite LiS game.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I only managed to get two on my side, Steph, who I gave the rose to, and Ducky.

Considering I got the PS4 platinum, I will have a chance to replay it again for the PS5 platinum and make some choices, such as tell the Flowershop owner about Gabe, not remove Charlottes emotions etc. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was just reading through the replies and agreed with a majority of the opinion. I'm a little bummed the story felt so straightforward and the choices didn't affect all that much, but I loved the game in general. I do think having her father be a victim of the mine seemed a little too much like coincidence (unless Gabe himself had followed the trail to find him in Haven), but other than that, it was a very touching and heartfelt experience, especially for an empath like me.

In the end, everyone sided with Alex except Charlotte (because I chose to take away her anger, ironically enough) and Ryan (who I had been pretty aloof with anyway). I chose to go away with Steph so she could follow her original plan of traveling (to Salem) and because it seemed too painful for Alex to stay in the same town where half her family passed away. (Afterwards, I immediately replayed the last chapter to see the "stay" ending, which felt underwhelming.) I also chose to condemn Jed, because fuck that guy. He shot Alex, left her for dead and continued to lie to everyone up until the end, so I found no path of redemption for him (or Diane for that matter). Speaking of which, shouldn't Alex have been a lot more fucked up after being shot and falling down a mine shaft? She has a set of crutches at the end, but doesn't even use them.

Overall I was satisfied with my choices, even though I didn't get the "best" ending. I also didn't look at the trophy list beforehand, so I missed all the memories in episode 1 since I didn't understand all the mechanics at first (a good excuse for a replay). I somehow assumed there would be trophies for getting the high score on the arcade games, so imagine my disappointment after all the effort I put into that and didn't even get a line of dialogue as a reward. Also, did anyone find it annoying that you couldn't help the pissed off guy who locked his keys in the car during episode 4? Feels so unfinished not knowing what that guy's deal was, especially after helping everyone else.

I've had a great time with all the Life is Strange titles (some of my favorite games ever), but I'm not sure if this trumps my experience with LiS1 and Before the Storm. I'd probably rank it a little higher than LiS2, though there's not a bad one in the bunch. It's almost a Zen-like experience playing these games, and I like that they don't torture you with the trophy list and make it as easygoing as possible.

• 1 month later...

There were several subtle hints to the fact that Gabe moved to Haven Springs to track down his dad in the early stages of the game if you looked around Gabe's room. It's actually one of my favorite parts of the LiS series. The more you look at the little details, the more whole the story becomes. Gabe was out there just trying to get the whole family back together.