Mahjong - can anyone tell me why this isn't a Riichi Ippatsu?

Stargazer14096

So I've been trying to clean up all the minigames, and the last one on my list was Mahjong. I'm curious as to why this round (video below) didn't register as Riichi Ippatsu, when I think I fulfilled the conditions for it. Thankfully, I was able to get a proper Riichi Ippatsu literally 2 rounds after this, so at least it's out of the way regardless, but I'm still curious. Hope someone can enlighten me on this, so I can get a better understanding of the rules. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Kinda late reply, but since I finished with 100% completion on the game yesterday, i still have it fresh, and maybe for anyone who still wants to know.

Riichi Ippatsu is  when you have more than 2000 points in your hand. You need to be in the last tile needed for the win and call Riichi (costs 1000 points). You have to "go out" (when you win a hand basically) in you next 3 discards, without stealing any tiles from the enemies AND none of the enemies have to call a Chi, Pon, Kan etc otherwise your Ippatsu is cancelled. 

The sad part is that it's all RNG. But as i was frustrated as well when i was trying to get mine, most of us didn't know how this mini game was played, yet we got the CPs and became quite good at it ?

Keep it up, and the game will eventually give you the correct hands! ☺️??