Do Trophies Autopop From PS4 to PS5?

Slipknot_Fan007

I purchased the collector's edition of the game for PS4 but since the game was shipping late, Bandai Namco sent me a digital code for the game, and it's giving me the option to download both the PS4 and PS5 version. I want to play the PS5 version for the enhanced graphics and whatnot but if the trophies will auto pop later on, I may play the PS4 one first. Does anybody know if they auto pop or is it completely separate playthroughs to get both platinums?

• 3 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 10:47 AM, FoxRDT said:

Honestly, as much of a trophy fan as I am (been collecting them since 2011), I think playing the inferior version of the game when the superior version is available just for the sake of trophies is silly... I might have done that a few years ago but I'm glad to realize trophies don't have such a degree of importance to me now 1f605.png

There are games where I would agree, but here, the difference is negligible, both have fast loading times and 60 FPS, maybe a fewer asset pop-ins in the PS5 version, but that's it. On a 4k TV, I can't notice a big difference.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

I purchased the collector's edition of the game for PS4 but since the game was shipping late, Bandai Namco sent me a digital code for the game, and it's giving me the option to download both the PS4 and PS5 version. I want to play the PS5 version for the enhanced graphics and whatnot but if the trophies will auto pop later on, I may play the PS4 one first. Does anybody know if they auto pop or is it completely separate playthroughs to get both platinums?

For the sake of actually answering the question: Tales of Arise now has auto pop trophies with latest patch

I successfully did it today after finally obtaining a PS5 

Edited by Doubleofox
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 3:47 AM, FoxRDT said:

Honestly, as much of a trophy fan as I am (been collecting them since 2011), I think playing the inferior version of the game when the superior version is available just for the sake of trophies is silly... I might have done that a few years ago but I'm glad to realize trophies don't have such a degree of importance to me now ?

I mean people who auto pop trophies for a separate version of a game that they didn't earn in that version for some kind of interior ego boost is weird to begin with. Like who takes pride in getting something like trophies for something they never accomplished? People are quite odd.

• Like 1