Would You Recommend This Game?

Slipknot_Fan007

Been kind of interested in getting this game since its release, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. From the bit of research I've done, the game can be quite difficult on harder difficulties and the platinum will be very very challenging. I know the game is meant to be played Co-Op, and as somebody who doesn't have any IRL friends interested in the game, I know the plat grind could be even more difficult. Is the game itself fun/good? Would you guys recommend it? Even if I never were to get the plat, I'm still interested in trying it.

If you're not interested in getting the platinum and you love Aliens, even on PS4 the game is great fun. And I'd just recommend it.

The AI are good enough to clear the first two difficulty settings. I had fun playing offline, and it's fun online too, for different reasons as the coop social is great

Getting platinum though, you're certainly in for a rough ride. This is when I started getting annoyed with the game.

There's also a lot of grinding for various trophies, I have been fine grinding offline with the AI, however your fun may vary.

If you are getting it on PS5, hands up, it gets a high recommendation from me. Although remember Platinum is IMPOSSIBLE offline only, because the AI is not strong enough on high difficulty settings.

• Like 1

Well if u ask 10 ppl this question u will get 10 different answers so I'm gonna go by the last sentence of ur original post that even if u don't get to plat it ur still interested in trying it. From that alone I would recommend this game to u. If u have the money n want to try it then go 4 it, if not then waiting for a sale is ur best bet. There is psn groups n a discord so finding ppl to play with shouldn't be too hard. I will disagree with a previous post about the AI, they r terrible. Literally some of the worst AI I have ever had to deal with in a game. Its embarrassing honestly. I'm still playing it n if u decide to get it n want some company u can send me a FR. Im on ps5

• Like 1

I absolutely would recommend the game, but you should of course have some reservations:

1) The AI are not fun to play with, at all. If you're relying on your bot teammates to help you out when you're struggling, then forget about it. Even on Standard difficulties, there are moments when they will straight up cost you a mission. If you plan on playing on Intense difficulty or above and don't have a squad, don't even waste your time attempting it with bots.

2) PS4 has a number of issues that have been addressed before. Really bad framerate issues, regular crashes and poor load times (in-game, not loading screens) are all reasons that should concern you.

3) Matchmaking is not ideal. There's no option to play a quick match, so unless you're using this site's boosting page or the game's Discord, it's actually very difficult finding a squad. Unnecessarily difficult.

Otherwise, the game is an incredibly impressive homage to the Alien franchise. Guns are excellent to use, the classes are fun to experiment with, there are no dull moments in each campaign as it's always balls-to-the-wall with action, especially on higher difficulties. The aesthetic of the game, as well as the music, could not have been perfected more in my opinion. I've sunk a lot of time into the game and will happily return to help others out and to explore future content when we get some.

• Like 3

Overall, as an Alien franchise fan, this game is fun and I don't regret buying it. But it definitely has its problems.

The bad:

- Gameplay bugs. Not super common but there have been some strange bugs I've encountered. Doors not opening and not being able to advance in game resulting in having to quit is one I've encountered a few times. Once I was playing with a decent group of players and one mission, I couldn't interact with anything in game (couldn't collect ammo, use abilities, interact with mission objectives) and was forced to quit as I was just holding everyone back. I learned there's no recent players menu or anything so you can't add players unless you do it when you're in game with them.

- Framerate/lag issues every so often. Seems more of an issue on certain levels from what I've noticed. The game will either freeze up or the frames drop significantly that you have no idea what is going on for a few seconds which could potentially cost you the game in higher difficulties.

- Issues with crashing. This was more prevalent upon release but still happens. If you're going for trophies the game can crash during a level during which you lose that progress. I had the game crash a few times while farming electricity kills which makes the grind process all the more painful. The other day while doing my intense run, my game crashed legit as we were seconds from finishing the final mission. The amount of frustration I felt was unreal. I ended up beating it on the next run but took me almost an hour to get matched up with players which brings me to my next point.

- Matchmaking, if you don't have a group to play with then matching with players can take a while. Personally, I think they need to alter the process, make it so there isn't a 60 second timer and remove autofilling players with bots. Bots are useless at higher difficulties so I find myself constantly looking for matches, maybe getting paired with someone and then having to back out because the last position gets filled by a bot. Make it so the match making just stays open until you get a full squad of human players or if you have 2/3 human players then they can chose to start a match by readying up which will then fill the last position with a bot.

- Difficulty, the game is hard, there's no denying it. It gets easier the more you play and level up kits but that only gets you so far. Once you know the levels and have fully leveled kits and weapons the lower (casual/standard) difficulties are a breeze even with bots. Intense is tougher but with knowledgeable and leveled up players this difficulty wasn't all that difficult in hindsight. I'm just starting extreme and I have a feeling this is where things taper off.

Edited by ThereWiIIBeBlood
  • Like 1

the game is fun because it is simple, you shoot and blow up aliens. if you're looking for an in-depth story or amazing mechanics this isnt the game for you.

You have classes with two main abilities and one passive, i liked this alot because some games have too many abilities and it becomes overwhelming. the only thing that was confusing for the first 5 minutes  was the perk grid, but this doesnt take long to figure out.

this game has 4 campaigns with 3 missions in each. the objective is pretty much the same throughout, and you some new  enemy types as you progress through the cvampaign

if you find fun, good and chill people to play with the harder difficulties are fun.\

Edit: after you beat the campaign on the hardest difficulty thats pretty much it for end game until they add more content.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

If you're not interested in getting the platinum and you love Aliens, even on PS4 the game is great fun. And I'd just recommend it.

The AI are good enough to clear the first two difficulty settings. I had fun playing offline, and it's fun online too, for different reasons as the coop social is great

Getting platinum though, you're certainly in for a rough ride. This is when I started getting annoyed with the game.

There's also a lot of grinding for various trophies, I have been fine grinding offline with the AI, however your fun may vary.

If you are getting it on PS5, hands up, it gets a high recommendation from me. Although remember Platinum is IMPOSSIBLE offline only, because the AI is not strong enough on high difficulty settings.

I would be getting the PS5 version if I were to buy it, which from various comments, seems like the better choice of the two. 

4 hours ago, MsVelvet said:

Well if u ask 10 ppl this question u will get 10 different answers so I'm gonna go by the last sentence of ur original post that even if u don't get to plat it ur still interested in trying it. From that alone I would recommend this game to u. If u have the money n want to try it then go 4 it, if not then waiting for a sale is ur best bet. There is psn groups n a discord so finding ppl to play with shouldn't be too hard. I will disagree with a previous post about the AI, they r terrible. Literally some of the worst AI I have ever had to deal with in a game. Its embarrassing honestly. I'm still playing it n if u decide to get it n want some company u can send me a FR. Im on ps5

I will keep that in mind then if/when I do buy and shoot you a request!

I just feel mostly torn because the game does sound really fun, I'm just trying to figure out how much it will bother me down the road if I just get this one for fun and not plat, if ill be mad and force myself to grind it later lol. I'm sure it'll go on sale somewhat soon, and I'll snag it then. Thank you for the responses everybody!

36 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

the game is fun because it is simple, you shoot and blow up aliens. if you're looking for an in-depth story or amazing mechanics this isnt the game for you.

You have classes with two main abilities and one passive, i liked this alot because some games have too many abilities and it becomes overwhelming. the only thing that was confusing for the first 5 minutes  was the perk grid, but this doesnt take long to figure out.

this game has 4 campaigns with 3 missions in each. the objective is pretty much the same throughout, and you some new  enemy types as you progress through the cvampaign

if you find fun, good and chill people to play with the harder difficulties are fun.\

Edit: after you beat the campaign on the hardest difficulty thats pretty much it for end game until they add more content.

Weren't you lucky you found fun, good and chill people? ?

5 hours ago, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

I just feel mostly torn because the game does sound really fun, I'm just trying to figure out how much it will bother me down the road if I just get this one for fun and not plat, if ill be mad and force myself to grind it later lol. I'm sure it'll go on sale somewhat soon, and I'll snag it then. Thank you for the responses everybody!

Dude! You have 33.40% completion and over 6000 unearned trophies, you do not seem the sort of person to be too bothered about not getting 100% or a platinum on a game.

If you are getting it on PS5, then well i'd just get it. I've been playing non stop for over a week and feel like I have grinded most stuff already.

Although I was lucky to have unlocked about 24 weapons from the shop/earned in game and then 22 of them were automatically upgraded to 4 stars due to the bug from the patch.

I have only have 2 weapons left for 4 stars.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jason_trixta said:

I'd 100% recommend this game.  Don't be put off by ppl complaining about the difficulty, they're just not good enough

(A) Original poster is talking about playing offline, game is impossible to platinum offline

(B) Nobody in this thread said to avoid buying the game because it is too difficult. In other words, nobody advised not buying the game because it is too difficult

(C) You haven't played the PS4 version, that version is too difficult/almost impossible even on online coop due to performance issues.

Edited by enaysoft

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Dude! You have 33.40% completion and over 6000 unearned trophies, you do not seem the sort of person to be too bothered about not getting 100% or a platinum on a game.

If you are getting it on PS5, then well i'd just get it. I've been playing non stop for over a week and feel like I have grinded most stuff already.

Although I was lucky to have unlocked about 24 weapons from the shop/earned in game and then 22 of them were automatically upgraded to 4 stars due to the bug from the patch.

I have only have 2 weapons left for 4 stars.

The completion % is more from the handful of years where I didn’t try for plats much, but the last two or three years I’ve been much much better about it, so it bothers me more than it used to, that’s all. I’ll probably snag the game at some point once I finish what I’m currently playing! 

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

(A) Original poster is talking about playing offline, game is impossible to platinum offline

(B) Nobody in this thread said to avoid buying the game because it is too difficult. In other words, nobody advised not buying the game because it is too difficult

(C) You haven't played the PS4 version, that version is too difficult/almost impossible even on online coop due to performance issues.

(A) He said he has no friends, not that he cant play online.
(B)You haven't even beat the campaign on intense, which is easily doable with the bots.

(C)He has a ps5, check his profile.