Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

8 hours ago, LethalShark20 said:

Somebody attacked the servers for LBP, which might result in a permanent shutdown. For those who still need online trophies, you might be screwed. This goes for all LBP games.

Who the fuck did this?

Where are you getting this speculative info from? LBP still isn’t fully up from when PSN was giving all sorts of problems from uploading/downloading saves to all online games. 

Have a link to share this information?

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Wait, how do you know someone attacked the servers and that it might lead to a permanent shutdown? I know that the servers have been down in the past few days but where did you get the information beyond that?

This^

Where's the poof and evidence this was a hack?

• Like 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/littlebigplanet/comments/lzcez8/swissh_ddosed_the_lbp_servers_this_morningnight/

https://www.reddit.com/r/littlebigplanet/comments/lzlwrv/why_youre_having_server_issues/

I wasn't able to find legitimate proof, so there's a chance something else may have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if these claims were true though, especially because of the game's current state. I will update the forum when I find more accurate results. 

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

Seems like there hasn’t been an update from Sony or Sumo about this so far.

You need online to heart a creation, one trophy I believe. Sucks, was about to start this before I completed Sackboy. Hopefully it gets figured out 

Edit: The LBP / Sackboy team is aware

https://twitter.com/cancerious3/status/1368431492364386308?s=21

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

What's the source on the servers being DDoS'd? If there is no source, don't make claims.

I'm guessing je just assumed it because nobody has earned the trophy on PS3 for a week. Yet, as mentioned, someone earned it on PS4 yesterday.

sucks worse for little big planet 2 trying to get 50 people to play one of your levels. ive been trying for 3 months and was only at about 24. and the lbp website has been down for quite a while now so thats no help either. even lbp1 sucks because you need 30 author hearts which also takes forever of begging people to do it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Its being talked about heavily in the LBP community:

If the attackers keep it up they could kill the servers for good. Or they could lose interest and stop. The problem is that this attack method is publicly available so anyone can do it at any time.

ooof. if thats the way they are doing the dos attacks by uploading thousands of levels we can pretty much kiss lbp goodbye. their prob hidden behind tons of fake ip's so they would have to put alot of effort into tracing the people doing this and trying to take them to court which if its multiple people overseas then thats a bigger problem. i did dos attacks as a teen and visual basic 5 programming (yes im that old) so i lightweight understand whats going on. this is a big problem. i wouldnt count on the online going back up. even if it does they would have to prob wipe everything to get rid of all those published levels to clear space. since lbp is a sony game they might take the time to investigate and find whose doing it and since sony is a mega power globally (they literally own everything you can think of even if it dont say sony on it they prob still own it lol) they might not want it done to future titles so that might be their only incentive to stop this from happening now and fixing it. but you look at games like red dead redemption 1 and i think hackers have took over those servers years ago and rockstar just said fuck it do what you want lol. also the fact they took lbp carting offline a while ago kinda shows the lack of caring for the title. 

the only thing i can think of is if on the lbp server end they somehow limit uploading by somehow identifying the ip as it tries to submit and denying it. which would limit everyone at the same time. but it would slow publishing down. meh i dunno but they got their work cutout for them. might be easier to ask nicely for them to stop doing it lol. instad of people asking for a new lbp remaster, ask the attackers if they could please stop. they already proved their point

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

ooof. if thats the way they are doing the dos attacks by uploading thousands of levels we can pretty much kiss lbp goodbye. their prob hidden behind tons of fake ip's so they would have to put alot of effort into tracing the people doing this and trying to take them to court which if its multiple people overseas then thats a bigger problem. i did dos attacks as a teen and visual basic 5 programming (yes im that old) so i lightweight understand whats going on. this is a big problem. i wouldnt count on the online going back up. even if it does they would have to prob wipe everything to get rid of all those published levels to clear space. since lbp is a sony game they might take the time to investigate and find whose doing it and since sony is a mega power globally (they literally own everything you can think of even if it dont say sony on it they prob still own it lol) they might not want it done to future titles so that might be their only incentive to stop this from happening now and fixing it. but you look at games like red dead redemption 1 and i think hackers have took over those servers years ago and rockstar just said fuck it do what you want lol. also the fact they took lbp carting offline a while ago kinda shows the lack of caring for the title. 

the only thing i can think of is if on the lbp server end they somehow limit uploading by somehow identifying the ip as it tries to submit and denying it. which would limit everyone at the same time. but it would slow publishing down. meh i dunno but they got their work cutout for them. might be easier to ask nicely for them to stop doing it lol. instad of people asking for a new lbp remaster, ask the attackers if they could please stop. they already proved their point

Sony could also cut off being able to publish levels altogether, which will prevent people from earning the Platinums on LBP 1-3 & Vita. Basically, the servers would stay up but no one would be able to publish any new levels.

Sadly, that may be the solution.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Sony could also cut off being able to publish levels altogether, which will prevent people from earning the Platinums on LBP 1-3 & Vita. Basically, the servers would stay up but no one would be able to publish any new levels.

Sadly, that may be the solution.

im pretty sure thats whats going to happen because i havent been able to connect to lbp2 for the past few days that ive tried. whats more concerning is this can impact prob any game that has a level publisher. this is a major breach of security. sony connects their network to the game companies servers (which in this case i think is just sony) and these people are getting in between that connection with a script thats auto publishing. i doubt from a console unless its a modded console that they can feed this script into somehow. i wouldnt say this is as big as the sony hack years ago where everyone was offline for a while, but i think the penalty could be as serious. the problem is equally as big of a problem but impacts less people i guess is what im trying to say. but, could impact alot more people if used on more titles. whoever is doing it better run like snowden did lmao

These aren’t claims I’m making, check Twitter yourself before advising someone to! 

A user DDOS’d the servers, there were screenshots of the conversation in discord posted to Twitter: 

Also, looks like they are investigating and will work to save LBP! Look forward to starting this game 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Miles Vanilla said:

"A small price to pay for salvation."

Funny you mention this, next month will be a full decade since it happened. Sony took one week to tell everyone what was going on then another week or so they go back up. No doubt funny times for Sony but I do prefer this era of the company over what's boppin' with Jimbo in California. Perhaps now I'm going off topic...

Below are my thoughts on what's happening with the servers.

I believe this situation is just all kinds of mishap. LittleBigPlanet was my first big exposure to the internet when I was still at primary school, in my later years of course. On my old account I had a big mix of good and bad moments I continue looking back on positively, anything I'm unsure of I can use to improve my actions for the future. Now with the way things are it appears everything I've ever done on there is well and truly gone. To be honest, I'd feel bad if Sony announced an official server shutdown but to have this game's fate decided from a DDoS attack just upsets me and anyone who's childhood is greatly influenced by game. Additionally, the big name modder being passed around (of course I'm referring to Jon) is a confirmed pedophile who's acts were disclosed by creators tweeting about everything going on here. You read me correct, the servers for a G-Rated game is being targeted by people on the internet who go against the will of young players like the ones from said game. Anyone who contributes to this DDoS attack (especially those with a history of predatory acts against children) deserves to rot. Any legal action taken against these modders going against Sony's strict terms regarding the disruption of first party servers (including the LittleBigPlanet network) is completely justified too.

This is about all I've got to say until more information comes to light.

i agree. ive read a bit further into it and also read the same allegations. but i also know sometimes people will just make that stuff up to smear someones name. so im not diving to far into if its true or not. but yes if it is true then thats very shitty. i also read this has something to do with previous workers of little big planet i think? it seems like there was maybe 2 people who worked on this title who are part of this attack. which would make sense since they would easily know how to get into sony and the game to do this. but that also makes them a hell of alot easier to catch if true. the screenshots and convos are so all over the place i really dont understand wtf they are arguing about. 

i also feel bad for people who grew up on this game and are losing it. since im older i grew up on things like intellivision (basically atari era). but this would be like losing super mario to me if we were still in a 8 bit only era. ive read similar stories on youtube comments of people saying lbp reminds them of days starting college or being in high school and the good memories they have. so i feel bad that this is happening to people who share those good memories

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

These aren’t claims I’m making, check Twitter yourself before telling me to check Twitter. 

A user DDOS’d the servers, there were screenshots of the conversation in discord posted to Twitter: 

Also, looks like they are investigating and will work to save LBP! Look forward to starting this game 

thats good news, sounds like some hope. thanks for the update

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Highly doubt they wouldn't fix it, just see this as a temporary issue I guess... and somewhat confirmation that to shutdown 1/2 they'd have to shutdown 3 on PS4 as well? Just a thought

Ok 1, 2 & 3 share the same server so if they shutdown one of them , the all 3 on PS3 will be gone for good if they planing to shutdown they won’t Twitted at all & if they do they will say it at the end .

Guess what? They give us a time when the service will be resume ,  if they said we will try here I say 90% they will shutdown the LBP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 1:00 AM, LethalShark20 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/littlebigplanet/comments/lzcez8/swissh_ddosed_the_lbp_servers_this_morningnight/

https://www.reddit.com/r/littlebigplanet/comments/lzlwrv/why_youre_having_server_issues/

I wasn't able to find legitimate proof, so there's a chance something else may have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if these claims were true though, especially because of the game's current state. I will update the forum when I find more accurate results. 

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

I pray to God you are wrong with your Speculation

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-12-littlebigplanet-servers-offline-as-fans-report-ddos-attack

https://www.cgmagonline.com/2021/03/13/littlebigplanet-servers-offline/

It’s not impossible. People are blaming Jon, who is rumoured to have not liked the current state of the game, leaving fans believing that he DDOSed the servers. Hopefully, we’ll find out the true cause of the servers being down as developers search for a fix.
Edit: I rephrased my text to be more suited to what the moderator mentioned below.

Edited by LethalShark20