Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

12 minutes ago, Darkwaxer said:

Hoping they’ll change their mind on this. Awful way to end their server support especially as this game is built on a community they’ve now decimated.

the problem I think is that sony no longer supports updates in ps3 and psvita games so they could only fix the ps4 version

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but is this the first abrupt server closure for an exclusive title?

I do understand that there must have been some type of security vulnerability that was not worth fixing to make this kind of decision, but it is pretty crappy that there wasn't the typical 90 day warning most have come to expect from Sony.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I could be wrong, but is this the first abrupt server closure for an exclusive title?

I do understand that there must have been some type of security vulnerability that was not worth fixing to make this kind of decision, but it is pretty crappy that there wasn't the typical 90 day warning most have come to expect from Sony.

Seems to be the first first-party title, certainly. Killzone titles were shutdown ages ago but they were given warning, same as Twisted Metal, ModNation Racers and ModNation Racers Road trip, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet Deadlocked The Last of Us, and Uncharted 2+3, and people have been having difficulty with the User Generated Content- related trophies in InFamous 2 but those issues are not consistent and Sucker Punch has not issued any statements as to how long those will continue being available. God of War Ascension, Ratchet & Clank: All4One, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Journey (is that technically indie if Sony Santa Monica developed it...?) are all still available, and outside of that I don't know of any other first-party titles that even had online features outside of some kind of leaderboard.

48 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

While Sony will not allow any more patches for PS3/Vita games, server updates don't always require patches.

Certainly. It's why so many of us are insistent that this is something that, with pressure, might be reversed. Pie in the sky? Definitely. Likely to end in failure? Of course. Won't know if we don't try, though.

We don't know enough on THEIR end to say for certain.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

While Sony will not allow any more patches for PS3/Vita games, server updates don't always require patches.

I think the fact that the PS4 version is getting an update to fix it (Which I would assume is an entire server transfer,) shows that this is likely to be a "no patches" issue rather than a actual server shutdown.

Welp, I'm lucky I did the online needed for the platinum for LBP 2 before servers died off. Had tons of fun with the game during its hayday back in my days of middle school. For those who gotten the online trophies for the LBP games done before servers went down in may, pat your self in the back. But for those who had yet to get around to the game or did not finish up before servers went off, you're unfortunately out of luck and have no choice but to carry on with life.

Edited by mckbros

19 minutes ago, MajorasMasked said:

Free online trophy pop? 

Super doubtful and also not even a fix, honestly.

It's not about trophies for me, but if it were, I'd still be unable to have someone host the Muppets levels (I'm not alone with that), and the enjoyment of earning the trophies would be lost, too. They'd be unearned and far less valuable. That doesn't solve the issue unfortunately, even if they do implement it. I don't know of any precedents where thats been used either, with so many online trophies for so many titles being hosed in this case.

This is bullshit.

Have been waiting for months only to find this out.  We own all 3 games, my son loved playing online, and now we just can't at all, regardless of the trophies lost this is bullshit man.

I cant really believe this, yet can at the same time.  So fucking frustrating.

More than anything, I am just sad that this whole shutdown has to happen because of some low-life mental reject who decided to mess with the servers. Trophies are one thing, but all those community levels that will not be playable in their original form... it's just sad. I'm sure most of them will be fine on the inferior PS4 version, but I personally used to play a couple of really old levels that did not even work properly in LBP2, can't imagine what a mess they would in on the PS4.

I'm still glad that they are saving the levels and they at least gave us a definitive answer, even if it was after months of waiting, but it still isn't the ideal outcome.

Time to finish remaining Tsushima trophies before someone hacks the servers and makes them unobtainables. 

Thank god i did LBP and LBP2 2 or 3 years ago. It was obvious that Sony will drop the ball at some point but doing it like that is so Jim Ryan. 

Most of new overpriced Sony games aren't even half as good as first LBP was and stages made by people in LBP2 were one of a kind. 

As of now all PS3 Sony games with online trophies are dead. 

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune for Vita instantly comes to my mind

15 minutes ago, Joey-Ravn said:

Well, Russian Subway Dogs (PSV) received an update last week or so, if I'm not mistaken, and Pushy and Pully in Blockland is scheduled to receive an update to remove an unobtainable Trophy (the Vita version doesn't have co-op, meaning the Plat is no possible yet). Ultra Mission, another PSV game, was patched shortly after it was released as one of the last batch of games for the system. These are special cases, but I'm sure Sony could do something for a first party game. Besides, Media Molecule promised they would do something to enable people to get online Trophies...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_LJ6G_VgAEZ8QP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I think they only mean the PS4 version. For SONY, PS3's life time is end. So they don't have any responsibility.
They wont pay too much resource on it. If they think it is not worth, they will give up.☹️

Edited by laes9210
  • Like 1