Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

10 minutes ago, laes9210 said:

I think they only mean the PS4 version. For SONY, PS3's life time is end. So they don't have any responsibility.
They wont pay too much resource on it. If they think it is not worth, they will give up.☹️

Eh, they were talking about about the servers for all the games. It would be a really shitty move to now say "no, but we actually just meant LBP3 on PS4!".

My only hope is that this being a first-party game, Sony can let MediaMolecule quickly patch the Trophies to make them obtainable in singleplayer. MM seems to be a player-facing company, so I wouldn't rule out a gesture of good will... fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

My problem isn't even the trophies. I enjoy continuing to play the game with all features intact. Can't do that at all now.

So you're upset that you cannot continue to play a ps3 game online after their servers were continually DDOSed?

Server attack aside, exactly how long do you expect servers to stay up? PS3 servers go down every year at this point - you should probably accept that you got (more than) your money's worth and move on?

Edit- it's a serious question by the way. I'm not making light of the situation.  Games going offline unexpectedly suck, but they do say something along the lines of "online services not guaranteed"... because they cant guarantee them indefinitely.   When someone has expectations beyond realistic, they then just sound entitled.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 2

LittleBigPlanet is an old game. Game has been around since the early days of trophy hunting. I have no sympathy for people who cry and bitch they couldn't get the online trophies in time. You guys literally had over a decade to do the online.

The only people who should be blamed is yourselves.

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

@Dreggit Any chance the guides could be updated?

The following trophy descriptions have been updated in published guides:

LittleBigPlanet

Trophy Guide

DLC - Metal Gear Solid Level Kit

DLC - Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit

LittleBigPlanet 2

DLC - The Muppets

DLC - Cross Controller

LittleBigPlanet 3

• A general notice in regards to the PS3 servers. No changes were otherwise made to the guide due to it being for the PS4

To the community, should a further update be necessary, please send me a DM directly on Discord.

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Ha! You got me thinking, so I looked at my log, and lo and behold, LBP was the first game for which I got a trophy.

Ah, the memories…of a 2nd rate platformer.

Crazy to think you were around my age when you started trophy hunting. Talk about a generation gap.

6 hours ago, Riztopher said:

I saw an article by IGN while I was at the doctor's. It's a sad day. I was going to go through and cleanup the series in a few days. I only had 2 online trophies left for LBP 1 :(

Sadly, except for a few days here and there, the servers have been down the better part of 2021. Too bad, the community was what made the game really special. 

27 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm just waiting for people to whine about Max Payne 3 in a few days....

Well, good thing we started the whining about people whining before they have even started whining. 

8 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

Won't happen. Totally different situation.

No, there will always be whining. I joke with AJ but everyone knows it WILL happen. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

Replied to a follow-up that they gave on Twitter, doubt I'll get a response but on the off chance that I do I'll post it here, basically asked if there would be any grace period since we received no warning back when everything went down.

Vita will be entirely hosed even if LBP3 PS4 stays up.

Really disappointed because I was saving the whole series for some landmark Platinums, first one was my first game to earn trophies in so this personally hurts worse than when they were going to shut the store down.

I'm not one for creating petitions but if somebody does, please link it, I'll gladly add my signature, I want nothing to do with Dreams or Sackboy: A Big Adventure honestly, MM isn't getting a cent out of me if this is how they sunset games.

media molecule have not been in charge of LittleBigPlanet or sackboy since they made LBP2. Sumo digital is who is in ownership of everything now.

1 hour ago, Joey-Ravn said:

Eh, they were talking about about the servers for all the games. It would be a really shitty move to now say "no, but we actually just meant LBP3 on PS4!".

My only hope is that this being a first-party game, Sony can let MediaMolecule quickly patch the Trophies to make them obtainable in singleplayer. MM seems to be a player-facing company, so I wouldn't rule out a gesture of good will... fingers crossed.

Just a quick correction:

As far as I’m aware, media molecule haven't been in control of LBP since they made lbp2. Lbp vita, lbp3 and sackboy a big adventure were all made by different devs. I’m pretty sure it’s sumo digital who own LBP/sackboy now.

2 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Should never be allowed, as long as the trophy was legitimately available at some point in time. Besides, wouldn't that require a patch to implement....no new patches for PS3 so hopefully nobody brings this BS up again. 

If they gave us notice, then we wouldn't need to bring this up. 

Also, they can update PS3 through the online. Since it still has a server it connects to, all you have to do is have that "server" send the commands unlock x, y, z trophies and then no need for a patch :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

No, there will always be whining. I joke with AJ but everyone knows it WILL happen. 

Sorry. Bad wording and just a bitter statement, on my part. Personally, I'm kinda bitter about this whole situation, but ultimately will just have to move on.

Sure, it will happen. I just don't think that whinging for Max Payne 3 is quite on the same level as this whinging. Rockstar went through the proper process and gave a grace period.

And they couldn't give a grace period. I get that. But this seems nothing more than just dumping the games, because of how seemingly supportive they were about their playerbase throughout it all.

If a proper grace period of online play can't be given, then maybe give us a timeline for when you might consider scrapping things if no progress is made up to that point.

It'll probably just end up being a time/date that everyone in the company will be counting down to so they can just flip the switch and kill everything, but it'll sure soften the blow for the public knowing that it's probably coming. But I don't expect that to be a thing. Just venting.