Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

Per the LBP Twitter account the servers were taken offline on March 12, but the PS Vita servers weren't taken down at that time and weren't affected until recently. LBP Vita had a different developer than the PS3/PS4 games. I hope service is restored! ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

As far as I know, PS3 and PS4 servers for other titles are back online, unlike the Vita ones. What's more, the developers have never acknowledged any issues with the Vita servers or the fact that they are trying to resolve any. Thus the question.

• Like 2

Just now, N1cktim said:

As far as I know, PS3 and PS4 servers for other titles are back online, unlike the Vita ones

They're not officially up. They're up while they're testing them. They'll let everyone know when they're officially back up, including Vita.

• Like 1

Just now, DaivRules said:

They're not officially up. They're up while they're testing them. They'll let everyone know when they're officially back up, including Vita.

Really hoping they are coming back! I'm kinda worried they went down separately at a later date and are still offline, while the PS3 and PS4 ones are back in action.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit worried about these vita servers now, other have been up for some time, plus the vita game is run by differwnt people I think. With no specific comments on the progress with servers for over 3 weeks it seems to me that they could just be forgotten about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I'm getting a bit worried about these vita servers now, other have been up for some time, plus the vita game is run by differwnt people I think. With no specific comments on the progress with servers for over 3 weeks it seems to me that they could just be forgotten about.

Does there any way to remind them?

Edited by laes9210
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, laes9210 said:

Does there any way to remind them?

We can try contacting support services or tweeting at both the official littlebigplanet social medias as well asTarsier studios who were the ones who developed the vita game, but I stll feel it will be hard to get attention.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, jpwbjpwb said:

We can try contacting support services or tweeting at both the official littlebigplanet social medias as well asTarsier studios who were the ones who developed the vita game, but I stll feel it will be hard to get attention.

This is probably all we can do. LittleBigPlanet tweeted an update about the LBP servers last night but it clearly was not related to the Vita servers. Politely let official LittleBigPlanet social media know that we would like an update on the Vita servers, and for online functionality to be restored. The Vita game was developed by Tarsier Studios, Double Eleven, and Sony XDEV Europe but I'm not sure who actually controls the servers at this point.

this is totally unexpected for me. unfortunately I see no reason for a fix, that would be investing time and money in a dead game for little return. a terrible end to an iconic game.

57 minutes ago, latest-purr1 said:

Well, the servers have been hacked and shut down again. It’s more than likely it’s now permanent, even though they still say they’re ‘working on a fix.’

https://www.gamesradar.com/sony-turns-off-littlebigplanet-servers-after-recent-attacks-target-community-members/

Why is it more than likely permanent this time? From what I understand of the situation the fundamental problem hasn’t changed, it’s still the same guy with the same access rights causing grief.

39 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this is totally unexpected for me. unfortunately I see no reason for a fix, that would be investing time and money in a dead game for little return. a terrible end to an iconic game.

It’s the same server across all three games in the franchise. Given that LBP3 is on PS Now there’s an incentive to fix things in order to keep that version alive

3 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Why is it more than likely permanent this time? From what I understand of the situation the fundamental problem hasn’t changed, it’s still the same guy with the same access rights causing grief.

It’s the same server across all three games in the franchise. Given that LBP3 is on PS Now there’s an incentive to fix things in order to keep that version alive

you are right, this is a strong incentive indicator. I didn't know that the server was set for the trilogy. unfortunately Karting was not

7 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

you are right, this is a strong incentive indicator. I didn't know that the server was set for the trilogy. unfortunately Karting was not

Yeah, LBP Karting is definitely dead. But at least that was a voluntarily closure as opposed to this current shitty situation

• Like 1