Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

2 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Can anyone verify if the LBP servers have been restored or if they are going to shut them down for good now?

Neither - they’re not back, but they haven’t said they’re killing them either. I know it’s frustrating but we gotta stop assuming the worst here 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, roosta_141 said:

More tests earlier today! Servers came back online (but just for a few seconds). 
It seems we are getting closer guys 1f64c.png

Oh I really hope so!

It's getting so frustrating commenting nonstop on their FB page and not getting a single response from their staff. But on the plus side, almost every comment on their posts is now about server status instead of whatever the post is about!

• Like 1

Why would people ddos such an old game and mostly important a kids game? They really dont have anything else to do have they?

Let's hope they can fix servers soon, as I'm really tempted to buy the game and get that online trophy right away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

commenting nonstop on their FB page and not getting a single response from their staff

That’s called spam and any reasonable persons first response should be to block and ignore it. They’ve already said they’re working on getting the servers back up. To spam them while they’re clearly working on it is incredibly rude. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 11:26 PM, DaivRules said:

That’s called spam and any reasonable persons first response should be to block and ignore it. They’ve already said they’re working on getting the servers back up. To spam them while they’re clearly working on it is incredibly rude. 

It's not spam when you're mentioning something only once in many of their posts, as opposed to flooding their entire comment section with your own posts. Besides, they have yet to actually answer any of the posts regarding the issue, so people are gonna keep mentioning it until they do. How do people following them on Facebook know they're working on it when they don't acknowledge the issue in any of their posts?

Of course most of us here know that they are working on a fix for them, because we use different sorts of media aside from Facebook. But for many people on FB, that's the only outlet of social media they use, and now when you look at any of the LBP posts there, every single comment is about servers and not the actual focus of whatever image they're talking about. They are ignoring everyone on FB and it's actually making them look a lot worse over there. All they have to do is respond to any one of those comments and tell people they're working on them, and I'm sure people would lay off them a bit more.

22 hours ago, squats_and_milk said:

The server went up 4 times today. Hopefully it means a fix is close :)

I saw that on that bot page. Something like 4 times for like a minute each iirc? I just don't get why it's taking that long to get them up?

I know the original reason was the ddos attack, but didn't they voluntarily take down the servers in May because of hateful messages posted online? So if it was voluntary, they should be able to get them back pretty easily shouldn't they? According to that bot page, apparently there's only a single line of code that needs to be tweaked to fix everything. I don't get it. ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Are all the LBP games down or just this one? I’m wondering if I should make LBP1 a priority if/when it comes back in case the servers get nuked for good.

Also what’s the beef between these hackers and the developers? Why are these little manlets targeting these old games?

Its not even hackers, its just a mad man called "Jon the pedo". You should dive into the rabbit hole.

All littlebigplanet servers (1, 2, 3 & vita) are affected unfortunately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Its not even hackers, its just a mad man called "Jon the pedo". You should dive into the rabbit hole.

All littlebigplanet servers (1, 2, 3 & vita) are affected unfortunately.

Jeez, you had me interested at “Jon the pedo.” Thanks for the share! I’m saving this for my morning coffee tomorrow, looks quite fascinating. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...