Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

Just now, Retrogamer125 said:

Would it be possible to make all remaining dlc free or would it be a problem with the licenses  

Huge licensing issues there unfortunately. Disney properties were pulled years ago for all titles on all platforms, contributing to most of that.

Apparently developers cannot change the price of products on legacy platforms, either, indie Vita developers have shared this on social media pretty often. So what you see is what you get atm

On 9/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, RNumbers said:

So what's the difference between the PS4 servers that are coming back up and the PS3 and Vita servers that are staying down?

My guess is that folks at Media Molecule would be glad to bring PS3 servers back online, but it's not their call, and the fact that current SIE leadership tends to completely ignore PS3 nowadays, ensured that the servers stayed down for good.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Apparently developers cannot change the price of products on legacy platforms, either, indie Vita developers have shared this on social media pretty often. So what you see is what you get atm

That's true, but many of those indie devs posted this before (e.g.) Sometime You dropped the price of every single Vita game it created to $0.99. I would be surprised that Sometimes You got special dispensation to lower its prices, while other devs did not.

But anyway, getting back to the thread,

34 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

My problem isn't even the trophies. I enjoy continuing to play the game with all features intact. Can't do that at all now.

This is my issue, too, and the reason that I just won't buy games anymore with heavy online components. I was playing and enjoying DJ Hero 2 quite a lot prior to the server closure; it's a disappointment that it just disappeared out of the blue. I never was a huge fan of LBP (having purchased the first one, I never bothered to get the online trophies, and only played the second 1 a single time), but again - a lot of the content was tied to online levels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WaddysWDS said:

How can we exert pressure so that the trophies that require an online connection can be changed to an offline requirement like the guys at Disintegration did?

Truthfully? We can't. It's one thing when the devs of a small game get...asked politely to consider new trophy policies. Disintegration has 798 game owners on this site. By comparison, LBP on the PS3 has 966,115.

Damn, once again a hacker ruins things for everyone. 

Considering how old the PlayStation 3 and Vita servers are I'm honestly surprised they were up as long as they were.

I'm sure MM tried every option they could to keep those old servers up, but considering Sony themselves don't support anything older than PlayStation 4 anymore I'm sure there wasn't that much they could do for PS3 & Vita.

I personally never liked any of the Little Big Planet games so this doesn't effect me at all, but still a pretty bad deal for those who still wanted to play those games online. Fuck that hacker.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Truthfully? We can't. It's one thing when the devs of a small game get...asked politely to consider new trophy policies. Disintegration has 798 game owners on this site. By comparison, LBP on the PS3 has 966,115.

That is precisely why I say it.
A game like Disintegration has been able to change the requirements of its online trophies to favor its community, why can't LBP do the same, having even more affected users? In fact, Bungie does it every year by changing the events in its Destiny game.

Edited by WaddysWDS

This is probably known but for those of you who done the online trophies and for whatever reason skipped cross controller story, as I did, I just tested it and it works fine as it runs on your local wi-fi.

As for the news itself, certainly sucks to see but it is what it is...

Who knows, maybe the guy ddosin LBP is the same guy ddosin Titanfall and is a paid actor by Sony to rush these shutdowns /s

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aodir said:

This is probably known but for those of you who done the online trophies and for whatever reason skipped cross controller story, as I did, I just tested it and it works fine as it runs on your local wi-fi.

As for the news itself, certainly sucks to see but it is what it is...

Who knows, maybe the guy ddosin LBP is the same guy ddosin Titanfall and is a paid actor by Sony to rush these shutdowns /s

Lies. We all know the Servers itself is a paid actor.

• Like 2

My friend, @I_Am_Yuta_1999 and I were waiting for servers to be back up so we could plat these games together but I guess that's not happening now :( this is sad but thanks for the information on this :)

Screw the losers who ruined it for us by DDoSing the servers ugh. Maybe grow up, get out of your mum's basement and get a freaking life for once ?

• Like 3

I'm hoping that they maybe reverse this just for a few days to allow people to get their last trophies and to creators who still had their levels to upload. I know it's unlikely since they've been attacked but they have had them up for a couple of hours every so often. 

1 hour ago, Retrogamer125 said:

Great the 2 dlc trophies i had for Lbp 3 ps3 are now near impossible without the online coop

I did them myself. One of the DLC challenges you just need a partner but you can do it split screen. I used my brother for that one and he sucks at platformers but we got it done first try.

The 4 player one is super easy to do solo! Just get to the final checkpoint of any level while playing solo, then connect 3 other controllers and have them join right at the end!

I'm stuck at 98% permanently on the PS3 version of LBP 3 but I never got the playlist trophy back in May when they went back up briefly, the guide I had used at the time made no mention that it was an online only trophy. Very frustrated that the servers are now gone because of some asshole hacking the servers. ?

Yeah, I feel misled too, but I somehow also believe that the developer intended to bring them back but Sony didn't want to spend more money on it. This reminds me about the previous of closing PlayStation Stores on the old platforms. They postpone the previous decision (one day it will happen) and than cut the budget on something else.

It's just that the message doesn't explain why the decision was made. And it's completely not in line with what has been promised for months. Yeah, they haven't forgotten about the PSVita too...

This sucks. I originally got the game on an older account and had to switch accounts so I lost all the trophies. I couldn't try for the online trophies again because the game had an online pass at the time IIRC. I eventually got the online pass but kept putting this off. Sucks there was no heads-up. The person who caused all of this is a dumbass.