What game(s) will you always buy and play no matter how many times they remaster it

jninja79

So like in the title, What game(s) will you always pick up and replay no matter how many times is gets re-released, wether via remake, remaster, region etc.

For me, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Shadow of the Colossus, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Assassins Creed, Skyrim. Any of them get any form or re-release with a new trophy list and ill gladly fork out the money to play it again.

Edited by jninja79

• 3 weeks later...

I'd probably say the GTA games. No one makes games like Rockstar Games does when it comes to open world fun. GTAV being the king of all. And even though I got rid of an entire account due to the Doomsday Heist update, I still say its the best game ever. Depending on what they do with the PS5 version I may buy it yet again. Also heard they're remastering III, Vice City and San Andreas, but those game mechanics are badly outdated now, so not sure a lick of paint will justify a purchase. We will see. 

Falcom games. If they add Ys: Oath in Felghana, Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, Xanadu Next, or the Zwei series to PS4's lineup, they have my money.

Crysis and F.E.A.R. series. At least the Crysis Trilogy's campaigns will be fully covered in less than a couple weeks. The first one had some issues at launch, but Saber & Crytek stayed the course and gave it needed fixes. I'm sure the launches of C2 and C3 will be a lot smoother. I'd like to see F.E.A.R. done justice on console. The PS3 and 360 versions can be improved upon quite a bit. Upgrade the textures and lighting, and get it running at 60 FPS in 4K. Both of these series' play systems stand the test of time.

The XIII remake let me down. PlayMagic should've used Unreal Engine 4 (since the original XIII uses UE2) and stuck to remastering it instead. I haven't played it since getting the platinum... hope it's gotten some fixes in the meantime.

One game I've seen on Steam, Trepang2, looks like what a modern F.E.A.R. sequel should be... let's hope it gets PS4/5 ports. Being made with Unreal Engine 4, T2 is only a demo for now but I'm sure it'll end up amazing.

Okami
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda games
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games
Pokemon Main Series Games
Legend of Spyro Trilogy if one ever comes
Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy if one ever comes as well
Various games from Tales of series
and if these ever get it would get various games from Sonic series like Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

As for Okami I have the game on every platform it is on

GTAV - It’s one of my favourite games ever. I’ve literally beaten it like 14 times. I’ll gladly shell out a couple extra bucks to play the best version.

I’d say Red Dead Redemption 2 as well but that game probably won’t get one for awhile... unless they add Ray Tracing... I can only dream.

Edited by KingGuy420

If they re-released Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS5, I'd eat it right up. Absolutely love Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel (that's right, I said it!), and would gladly replay those for another Plat each. I'll be replaying Borderlands 3 again someday, but that game just isn't the same. 

Now that Saints Row: The Third Remastered has a free PS5 upgrade, I'll be replaying that for the third time at some point in the future. 

I'd replay any Telltale game on PS5 as well. I miss their games so much...I really hope the "new" Telltale is still a thing and we still get The Wolf Among Us 2.