A rant about boosting and proper etiquette...

Justin__Harris

6 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

There needs to be a way to rate people's ability to boost on this site

There’s actually some kind of a rating system tied into the sessions where players & the organizer can rate their peers after a session ends. But it’s not very well implemented IMO as it has very little impact on a player’s reputation on this site and most people don’t seem to know it even exists.

• Like 2

My experience has been hot or miss too. I try to focus on the positives and I can’t thank my fellow boosters enough for the help they have provided for me in the past and this site in having the ability to organize through gaming sessions. I hope my assistance to others have helped them too. In fact, made some great friends and connections through boosting. Yeah, there is etiquette that should be followed and if you are lucky enough to get in contact with those that are good in communication and respectful of your time, that’s a win in my book. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Not related to this game, but I have found it reverse when hosting sessions. Most players never show up, or have other game priorities, then complain when you kick them out for other players or finish the session. Some people also join the sessions as a way to be carried without any effort on their behalf. 

Once I got demanded to help on the base game grind after a session I organized for the DLC because "It would be faster if the other person doesn't need the trophy and knows what to do"

• Like 3

Yo that is common it happened alot across certain online trophies in the past where 1 or 2 just leave and stop helping after they got the online trophies they needed during that session. Then you gotta find backup etc 

10 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

There’s actually some kind of a rating system tied into the sessions where players & the organizer can rate their peers after a session ends. But it’s not very well implemented IMO as it has very little impact on a player’s reputation on this site and most people don’t seem to know it even exists.

Yeah this site has that now for a few months, similar like trueachievements.com for xbox achievements and after the sessions. Sometimes some ppl have a thing they give negative review even after you did great and helped everyone. Or they act salty when you helped everyone but they just give a negative. 

Our crew of around 15 gamers works to make sure we have enough committed to boosting. 
Not a fan ppl out of our crew boosting with us.  No crew members tend to be selfish. We want reliable and ppl that show up on time. I’d recommend working to find 6-8 friends that are reliable to play co op with. We vote for what to boost. Many of the games I’ve completed so I’m just helping the crew get there plat. 

• Like 2

A rating system for these sessions sounds very good on paper but in practice it could easily be inflated and negatively abused by others, ultimately rendering it useless.

Honestly, the solution to bad boosting sessions is to simply make your own and try to provide the best experience possible for everyone involved. Even then, you won't be safe from pairing up with people you end up deeming as unreliable for a variety of reasons. The same applies to those who join you, they may very well decide your session was not what they expected and be inclined to leave after a while. 

When you boost with strangers all you can guarantee upfront is everyone in the group wants the same thing, how you get there however will always be a gamble, and you should be able to deal with both positive and negative aspects of it. After a while, you'll end up with a small group of people you've kept contact with after successful boosts, and they will become your first go-to option before setting up a session.

• Like 3

I completed Max Payne 3 in 2014 (got it on flash slae for $3), had a group of 4-5 people that helped each other with misc online trophies, and I did the level 50 trophy solo, I don’t like to rey on other people for trophies, and that group leader is just an a**hole. 

Just for admitting that he goes for this trophy for 5 years, makes him patetic.

Yeah boosting on this site really sucks tbh. I think I’ve had maybe 1 successful session in my 5years on here.

The best boosting partners I found were the ones I messaged directly and we were able to all set up good time frames and it was a pretty good time.

Shout out to @Confux- for helping me with the Horde dlc in Dying Light, even tho he already had all the trophies.

Guys a chad and beast.

*in a whisper 

You should check out his trophy list while your at it just saying.

We really need more ppl like that when it comes to boosting, that way topics like this wouldn’t need to be made in the 1st place. 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

The boosting system on this site isn't very good compared to simply allowing for boosting threads- as a matter of fact it's near-useless for more obscure titles. I have no idea why it's there when the odds of finding someone to boost an old, forgotten title using it is extremely low.

I prefer smaller boosting groups that only need one of two additional players.

One tip I see you didn't mention is to take turns when boosting trophies. For instance, if a trophy was to boost 1000 kills, alternate every 50 or a hundred. This helps prevent the "classic" your partner got the trophy and bounced scenario.

If you have a good boosting session, take a moment and see if you both have some other games in common. It's really beneficial to have boosting partners you can trust and are competent if you don't have some IRL friends to rely on. Use the friend group system to make a boosting friends group.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I've been trying to do Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for quite some time. You need a group of six people to boost effectively, one for getting to level 50, two for doing all the objectives for AEOTM (Abstergo Employee of the Month). The bad servers combined with the age of the game make getting those online trophies a real hassle.

Sorry for highjacking this thread & replying mostly to Spaz here...

My past experience with boosters has been a very mixed bag as well and one of my biggest gripe is that no site allows “naming & shaming”. Sometimes to the point of thinking about starting my own site specifically for that. “Nameandshameyourassholeboosters.com”

There are ppl out there that the community SHOULD be warned of and you can’t do it. Yes, I understand why no site wants to deal with that he said/they said hassle but I’d be allowing receipts.

Anyway, some disasterous boosters in the past make me very, very hesitant to ever having to rely on public boosts and if it wasn’t for the “catchup with server closure” game lately I’d still not be doing any boosting anymore. 

On the other hand I’ve met some of my best psn friends via boosting and I will absolutely buy any game that THEY’d need a boost on for those rare treasures.

Which brings me to back to Spaz/ @AJ_Radio. I’ve had the pleasure of boosting a few trophies with him recently & I can only recommend him as a booster to anybody’s sessions.

He knows the requirements of the troohies he needs, he fulfills them in record time, he is a skillful gamer that doesn’t need 3 attempts to land a headshot, etc. In short: he knows his stuff and he doesn’t waste anybody’s time.

AC Brotherhood soon, Spaz? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

The boosting system on this site isn't very good compared to simply allowing for boosting threads- as a matter of fact it's near-useless for more obscure titles. I have no idea why it's there when the odds of finding someone to boost an old, forgotten title using it is extremely low.

I think every game should have at least one general boosting thread, but this is an exception and it's only allowed for a few games, like exchanging items in Rocket league or h4h in lbp. it's just stupid and ridiculous not to allow one thread per title, it would help the whole community so much.

I usually don’t even bother joining boosting sessions anymore, especially when there is no limit on people who can join. Setting one up yourself is even worse, because I always think nobody takes it seriously and you get a lot of no shows. It always ends up in disappointment.

It’s better to look up some people here on the forums and ask them directly. So here we go:

I’m looking for two or three people to do the Blackout trophies in Black Ops 4. If you’re interested, let me know. ?