Destructor-8's Ultimate Racing Challenge

Destructor-8

Currently working on

Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout DLC - Half of the scenarios done.

Gran Turismo 5 Vettel - Suzuka 1.7secs off

Assetto Corsa/Ultimate Edition - Hotlaps List (Difficulty/Hours)

1.   (10/10)    /  (22hrs) - Alpha 4C vs Green Hell

2.   (10/10)    /  (28hrs) - Clear Ahead

3.   (10/10)    /  (20hrs) - A Whole New Toy

4.   (10/10)    /  (20hrs) - Forbidden Record

5.   (9.5/10)   /   (7hrs)  - Demon on Wheels

6.   (9.5/10)   /   (3hrs)  - Flight Simulator

7.   (9.5/10)   /   (4hrs)  - GRA Challenge

8.   (9.5/10)   /   (2hrs)  - British Racing Green

9.     (9/10)    /   (1hrs)  - Your Time Will Come

10.   (9/10)    /   (3hrs)  - Alessi Says, Step On It

11.   (9/10)    /   (2hrs)  - German Fury

12.   (9/10)    /   (2hrs)  - Italy 1987

13.  (8.5/10)  /   (2hrs)  - Free The Beast

14.  (8.5/10)  /   (2hrs)  - Thunder

15.    (8/10)   /   (1hrs)  - Look at me

16.  (7.5/10)  /   (1hrs)  - Shining Red

17.  (7.5/10)  /   (1hrs)  - Meet The AC Team

18.  (7.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - Memories

19.  (7.5/10)  /   (1hrs)  - Quick One

20.  (7.5/10)  /   (1hrs)  - A Hell 4 You

21.  (7.5/10)  /   (1hrs)  - Heat and Run

22.    (7/10)   /   (1hrs)  - This Should Be Fun

23.    (7/10)   /   (1hrs)  - Fxx K at Barcelona

24.    (7/10)   /   (1hrs)  - Let It Scream

25.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - Fxx k at Spa

26.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - P1 at Spa

27.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - Teenage Dream

28.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - The New Black

29.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - Down The Hatch

30.  (6.5/10)  /   (0hrs)  - A Fighting Bull

31.    (6/10)   /   (0hrs)  - Chasing Victory

32.    (6/10)   /   (0hrs)  - Classic Run

33.    (6/10)   /   (0hrs)  - Green Flash

34.    (6/10)   /   (0hrs)  - Mister Downforce

35.    (6/10)   /   (0hrs)  - Chapman Revolution

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

Great to see you've finally taken the plunge with this!

I had a lot of fun reading through that - you've got such an impressive amount of dedication to these games. I didn't actually know Assetto Corsa was considered that difficult.

I'm looking forward to reading about you tackling those Dirt Rally 2.0 and Vettel events in GT 5 - judging by that list, you'll have that dragon slain in no time!

• Like 1

Looking good. These are actually my favorite kind of checklists to follow; ones that focus on a very specific kind of game or genre. It's neat to see someone's progress as they tackle a plethora of games in an area they're both knowledgeable and passionate about. I think it's a much healthier way to enjoy this hobby too, rather than trying to just build your trophy count all the time.

It's sorta been a meme in my thread for years that I've wanted a racing game to play, but I don't know enough about the genre to find a good one. Maybe your reviews will help with that. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Always nice to see another racing bro on this site. Nice to see that you'll be keeping a checklist to organize and track all of your racing endeavors.

I gotta say, you have some pretty darn amazing titles under your belt, and I see can see you fancy a good challenge. I'll be following your checklist closely. :D

Stuff like this reminds me that I also have a checklist that I need to revive at some point, lol. xD

• Like 2

Hell yeah, glad to see that you finally took the plunge and put together a nice checklist! I like the Tier system and the quick reviews you've added to most games already! Nice job structuring this thing! Seems like you have found your own style for the checklist :) 

I expect you to share your progress on a regular basis though... I want to read some bitching about Flatout, I want to read some rants about the last Vettel challenge... And I'm also looking forward to read about your experience with some of the non-racers in your backlog! There are definitely some nice games waiting for you there ?

• Like 1

Yesssss bro! Finally!! I'm very excited about this one! I definitely want to try my hand at a few racing games. Maybe even build my way up to one of the notoriously difficult ones. I think I'm going to start with CTR. 

I have a couple of questions for you though my dude. Do you have a full racing set up? Or do you play with a pad?

Are you going to be uploading videos of some of your immense runs? I think that would be dope. 

You have achieved some monumental feats in regards to the racing genre. Mad respect bro. I'm really looking forward to watching you tackle some of the none racing games, too! 

Obviously can't wait for you to destroy Fusion... Obviously. ?

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 2

Very nice checklist mate, it is quite a unique one since you’re one of the few who mainly focuses on a single genre, and I like how you put the games in difficulty tiers. 

Racing is a niche genre in gaming (arcade racers, simcades and pure sims), so your checklist could be an eye opener for folks who aren’t well versed in the genre and maybe some might find some of your games interesting ? May I suggest adding an enjoyment/fun factor rating for the games as well, but of course if your explanations are good enough I think it’s not too important. Just a friendly suggestion ?

I’m a fan of your whole personal difficulty rating and community difficulty rating comparison - nice touch to it, did you borrow the community ratings from pst.org? 

• Like 3

Dope thread bro, i have no doubts you will make it. You got the triple P for this: patience, passion and persistance . Skill is something naturally comes with those. I am retiring after trackmania because it is just too much stress for me, i want to play only drive club level from now on haha, 6 out 10 it is my limit after this lol, i said the same after flat out but omg these insane racers really get you out of your head of anger and bitterness

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Dope thread bro, i have no doubts you will make it. You got the triple P for this: patience, passion and persistance . Skill is something naturally comes with those. I am retiring after trackmania because it is just too much stress for me, i want to play only drive club level from now on haha, 6 out 10 it is my limit after this lol, i said the same after flat out but omg these insane racers really get you out of your head of anger and bitterness

It really is dope bdias.  Des is a born leader.  He's is a machine.  He's a cybernetic organism.  Part human, part machine.  

He was born to come to this site and challenge others to greatness as he seeks for greatness.

Thank you @Destructor-8!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kfree7 said:

It really is dope bdias.  Des is a born leader.  He's is a machine.  He's a cybernetic organism.  Part human, part machine.  

He was born to come to this site and challenge others to greatness as he seeks for greatness.

Thank you @Destructor-8!  

Ohh hell yeah man, he is pushing me a lot on Trackmania , i am going through a hell and thank god it is almost over

• Like 1

This is looking poised to be an awesome checklist thread man - racing games are a definite blind-spot for me personally, but I love reading through threads like this one specifically because of that - it's always cool so see the passionate side of a sector of the hobby I don't necessarily understand well!

Good luck... and I applaud you for not falling back on the rhyme ?

I know you were struggling for a little bit to come up with a name for the thread - I don't know that I would have been able to resist going with "Destructor 8's Automotive Debate" or something like that ?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, bdias10 said:

Ohh hell yeah man, he is pushing me a lot on Trackmania , i am going through a hell and thank god it is almost over

Must say, @Destructor-8 is pushing everyone.  His great idea for a thread will make him a legend more than he already is.  

Nice @bdias10 to hear of your success on Trackmania.

On 9/16/2021 at 2:36 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

This is looking poised to be an awesome checklist thread man - racing games are a definite blind-spot for me personally, but I love reading through threads like this one specifically because of that - it's always cool so see the passionate side of a sector of the hobby I don't necessarily understand well!

Good luck... and I applaud you for not falling back on the rhyme 1f604.png

I know you were struggling for a little bit to come up with a name for the thread - I don't know that I would have been able to resist going with "Destructor 8's Automotive Debate" or something like that 1f602.png

This is what is great to see.  Ppl encouraging and applauding other @DrBloodmoney.  Great post.  Thanks and enjoy your gaming as well.

• Like 3

Didn't notice your thread, very happy to see something like this. You have such an impressive track record for racing games, very proud of your trophies. And as others mentioned, very inspiring. 

I'm always happy to see a fellow racing games hardcore fan.

Keep going for the Blur single player, I have such found memories of this game. 

I will try to clean up Dirt Rally 2.0, still dreading the Fire up that car trophy, which is the only one that could lock me out of the plat imo.

Keep it up ! 

• Like 1