Destructor-8's Ultimate Racing Challenge

Destructor-8

46 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Wow! Some serious chunks of time off a lot of those records. I would have to assume that some of the previous times were scruffy laps just good enough for gold that you could have improved at the time? I know I had off-track excursions and still got gold on some mission challenges.

I genuinely have no idea. I golded all of the circuits originally in the game years ago, and did new ones as soon as they came out. I'm pretty sure Laguna Seca was the last new circuit added in 2019 before I got a wheel, so there's a lot of improvement to go from there. The thresholds for gold on all of them are still really easy though.

• Like 1

Sorry, I actually saw this much earlier, however; I was working and actually wanted to take the time to properly respond to you. 

First of all, congrats on 100 platinums! I have jokingly told @Deadly_Ha_Ha that once I hit 100 plats myself that I am done trophy hunting. Whether or not I'm joking remains to be seen, so we shall see...

Armored Core: Verdict Day's guide has the approach given that you are pursuing the platinum with a partner (given how many online trophies there are anyway, this made the most amount of sense to us). I would recommend looking around here on PSNP to see if anyone would be interested in partnering up with you and start pursuing the platinum together. Deadly and I used Discord as our main communication channel so we didn't have to rely on ACVD's game chat (which game chat is unavailable in some forms of MP, such as hiring a mercenary). You'll want to be able to voice chat with your partner at pretty much all times, believe us. 

That being said, Vanquish and Furi are also excellent games. Furi is one of the best indie games I have played with a really awesome and fun platinum trophy. Won't take you long. Vanquish being my favourite game of all-time, you're free to reach out should you need anything; but I can tell you know what you're doing and you'll persevere just fine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stpatty said:

I actually did go back and try the circuit experiences again:

Reveal hidden contents

Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi (Audi TT Cup Gr.4) 41.017 - 40.539 (2 attempts)
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa (Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.3) 1:40.698 - 1:36.363
Brands Hatch (Audi R8 Gr.3) 1:26.617 - 1:24.167 (2 attempts)
Interlagos (Nissan GT-R Gr.3) 1:36.708 - 1:33.465
Streets of Willow Springs (Ford Mustang Gr.4) 1:18.129 - 1:14.478 (2 attempts)
Horse Thief Mile (Nissan GT-R Gr.4) 54.808 - 53.727 (4 attempts)
Willow Springs (Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3) 1:16.508 - 1:15.701
Nurburgring GP (Mercedes AMG Gr.3) 2:01.272 - 1:58.384
Tokyo East Outer Loop (BMW Z4 Gr.3) 2:05.843 - 2:03.151
Northern Isle Speedway (Mercedes SLS Gr.4) 14.188 - 14.836 (2 attempts) (uhhh)
Blue Moon Bay (Ford Mustang Gr.3) 43.976 - 43.897
BB Raceway (Hyundai Genesis Gr.3) 54.133 - 54.762 (many attempts) (alternate account did 53.744)
Tokyo Central Outer Loop (Subaru WRX Gr.3) 1:16.676 - 1:15.421 (2 attempts)
Suzuka (Honda NSX Gr.3) 2:05.604 - 2:02.681
Lago Maggiore (Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3) 2:03.406 - 1:58.751
Dragon Trail Seaside (Jaguar F-type Gr.3) 1:44.031 - 1:39.374
Bathurst (McLaren 650S Gr.3) 2:12.650 - 2:07.538
Alsace (Renault R.S.01 Gr.3) 1:57.556 - 1:53.721
Monza (Ferrari 458 Gr.3) 1:51.759 - 1:49.484
Tsukuba (Mitsibishi Lancer Gr.4) 58.561 - 57.934 (2 attempts)
Dragon Trail Gardens (Peugeot RCZ Gr.3) 1:35.523 - 1:33.927
Fuji (Toyota Supra Gr.3) 1:43.427 - 1:39.411
Red Bull Ring (Aston Martin Vantage Gr.3) 1:34.339 - 1:31.669
St. Croix C (Citroen Gr.3) 3:31.887 - 3:25.964
Catalunya (Lamborghini Huracan Gr.3) 1:49.886 - 1:47.939
Tokyo South Inner Loop (Mazda Atenza Gr.3) 2:01.394 - 2:00.497
Autopolis (Lexus RC F Gr.3) 1:50.327 - 1:49.133
Goodwood (Aston Martin Vantage Gr.4) 1:18.252 - 1:17.252 (3 attempts)
Spa (Porsche 911 Gr.3) 2:22.399 - 2:21.963
Sardegna A (Peugeot VGT Gr.3) 1:44.106 - 1:42.282
Laguna Seca (Dodge Viper Gr.3) 1:24.785 - 1:23.070
Circuit de la Sarthe (Porsche 919 Gr.1) 3:32.912 - 3:26.422
Nordschleife (BMW M6 Gr.3) 6:43.242 - 6:45.004 (I think I did this recently - going by my trophy screenshots, my original time was 6:52.832)

Summary: Massive improvement, everywhere.

Wow some very impressive times there with a lot of improvement too. Nice going.

5 hours ago, barra333 said:

Wow! Some serious chunks of time off a lot of those records. I would have to assume that some of the previous times were scruffy laps just good enough for gold that you could have improved at the time? I know I had off-track excursions and still got gold on some mission challenges.

Yeah a lot of the times required can be done quite quickly but it's amazing how much faster you see people go on all these.

4 hours ago, stpatty said:

I genuinely have no idea. I golded all of the circuits originally in the game years ago, and did new ones as soon as they came out. I'm pretty sure Laguna Seca was the last new circuit added in 2019 before I got a wheel, so there's a lot of improvement to go from there. The thresholds for gold on all of them are still really easy though.

Yeah I didn't do many of those times by much & I saw you were so much faster than many people I know.

2 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I'm excited for you to play ACVD and Vanquish @Destructor-8 - and as for the ACVD guide it is submitted and awaiting review by the guide team. I'm hoping there won't be much back-and-forth between me and them so it gets published ASAP

Yeah cheers, I'll give it a good read before I start it since it's going to be the next proper game I go for. I hopefully will start it next week maybe.

26 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Sorry, I actually saw this much earlier, however; I was working and actually wanted to take the time to properly respond to you. 

First of all, congrats on 100 platinums! I have jokingly told @Deadly_Ha_Ha that once I hit 100 plats myself that I am done trophy hunting. Whether or not I'm joking remains to be seen, so we shall see...

Armored Core: Verdict Day's guide has the approach given that you are pursuing the platinum with a partner (given how many online trophies there are anyway, this made the most amount of sense to us). I would recommend looking around here on PSNP to see if anyone would be interested in partnering up with you and start pursuing the platinum together. Deadly and I used Discord as our main communication channel so we didn't have to rely on ACVD's game chat (which game chat is unavailable in some forms of MP, such as hiring a mercenary). You'll want to be able to voice chat with your partner at pretty much all times, believe us. 

That being said, Vanquish and Furi are also excellent games. Furi is one of the best indie games I have played with a really awesome and fun platinum trophy. Won't take you long. Vanquish being my favourite game of all-time, you're free to reach out should you need anything; but I can tell you know what you're doing and you'll persevere just fine. 

That's cool & cheers lol. Ah I see. I will see what I can do as I know there are a few trophies that require others for certain things but I'll probably wait to read up more of what is needed. I usually do try to do as much as I can until it gets to the point where something isn't possible, such as the last game where I did everything that I could do until I started getting some ridiculous requirements where it just wasn't possible to do anymore. I'll have to see & try to do what I can.

Yeah Vanquish & Furi are games that I've heard a lot about whether it's the game quality or a tough challenge that is recognised by many people. I know Vanquish is meant to be pretty tough to get through for the first time & I'm sure it will be just that but once I start something, I have to get it done lol. I know Furi is meant to be quite a short but brilliant game with a decent challenge & I'm sure that going to require some good practice to get done so it should be well worth it.

24 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Oh it's a joke.

Haha

17 minutes ago, PlutoRico said:

Congratulations on that 100th platinum milestone my friend, excited to see the next 100 ?

Cheers dude! I was meaning to get around to posting on yours so I will make sure I do that. It looks like yours will be great to read up on what you are doing.

17 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Well, it's like the prophet said:

Haha

• Like 2

Kinda late to the party but congrats on that 100th milestone, @Destructor-8. Nice choice of game there for that spot, my friend. I absolutely adored Hot Pursuit when it came back on the PS3 in 2010. It was a perfect homage, in my opinion at least, to the previous Hot Pursuit game of 1998. High-end exotic supercars on beautiful open roads with exhilarating pursuits. I played that one a lot back then, same with the 2010 version. I enjoyed it so much that I made it a point to have the best times among my friends on the Racer campaign. ?

I'll be picking this PS4 remaster once I have a chance. Looking forward to beating some of your times there, haha. xD

Have fun once you get to Vanquish. That one is a tough ride overall but a very enjoyable one nonetheless. It's definitely among the best action games I've played. The story is kind of meh but the action is constant and the gameplay top-notch. The Tactical Challenges are the bane of many there but I'm sure you'll pull through. ;) 

• Like 3

On 28/10/2021 at 1:51 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yeah trust me dude the guide will have ALL relevant information about what is required and what is recommended for online. Just waiting for it to get to the head of the queue for guides.

Yeah I looked at it. It looks very good & will make things a lot easier. It's going to be the next game I get onto so will see what I can do as I'm sure it'll be tough.

On 29/10/2021 at 8:56 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Kinda late to the party but congrats on that 100th milestone, @Destructor-8. Nice choice of game there for that spot, my friend. I absolutely adored Hot Pursuit when it came back on the PS3 in 2010. It was a perfect homage, in my opinion at least, to the previous Hot Pursuit game of 1998. High-end exotic supercars on beautiful open roads with exhilarating pursuits. I played that one a lot back then, same with the 2010 version. I enjoyed it so much that I made it a point to have the best times among my friends on the Racer campaign. ?

I'll be picking this PS4 remaster once I have a chance. Looking forward to beating some of your times there, haha. xD

Have fun once you get to Vanquish. That one is a tough ride overall but a very enjoyable one nonetheless. It's definitely among the best action games I've played. The story is kind of meh but the action is constant and the gameplay top-notch. The Tactical Challenges are the bane of many there but I'm sure you'll pull through. ;) 

Yeah thanks & all good. Yeah I took quite awhile to decide what I wanted & it seemed to be the best one to go for. It's been awhile since I've played a racer exactly like that so it was nice experience one like it again. I'm sure you'll enjoy it & do exactly that haha. Yes Vanquish is a game I've always known about but never thought about playing & since I'm more likely to play different games now I thought I'd go for it as well. I've heard very good things about the game overall & since it's one that everyone seems to know about then it's definitely one that seems worth going for. I'm sure it'll be a challenge & that's something that I want to experience. I'll be getting to Vanquish as one of my next games.

I might as well put a little update so I've put a few more games on the profile in the last few days that I hope to get to very soon including Wolfenstein 2 that I've been waiting to get for awhile. I'm sure that will be a tough one but it looks like a really good game as well. I've also just decided to put Super Meat Boy on the profile as well since I've been inspired by you @Joe Dubz a lot recently so I went & got it. I know I'm going to have a hard time on it but I would like to give it a go eventually. I'll be doing Wolfenstein 2 way before Super Meat Boy though so that could be awhile away. I've still got quite a lot of tough games to get through in the meantime.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

Ah man, you popped your #100! Congrats! :D 

I was wrong though.. I thought you were making Dirt Rally 2.0 your milestone, since when you mentioned what you had planned, you mentioned a difficult DLC so I automatically assumed you were talking about Flatout ?

Nice choice though, good name for a milestone for sure! :D  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Ah man, you popped your #100! Congrats! :D 

I was wrong though.. I thought you were making Dirt Rally 2.0 your milestone, since when you mentioned what you had planned, you mentioned a difficult DLC so I automatically assumed you were talking about Flatout 1f605.png

Nice choice though, good name for a milestone for sure! :D  

Cheers dude! Ah yeah I didn't explain it well as I was actually trying to say that I had both to think about at the same time haha. I was thinking about a hard racer but I wanted to get quite a few games done before I go back to some of the harder ones. I'll probably mix it up though. I wanna get back to Flatout as I think that one is going to take many updates before it's done. I have one more racer update before I get back to Flatout as the next part of that game I think you'll like!

Edited by Destructor-8

Congrats on the milestone my man! I've always been a fan of the NFS series, albeit I haven't played much of them lately. 

OOOOO I'm excited for you to take on SMB!! It is tough but nothing a good bit of blood, sweat, tears, and many many hours of practice can't overcome. You've got this and I'll be interested to follow along with your progress! Same goes for Wolfenstein 2... I've heard terrible things about the Mein Leiben runs, enough to keep me far, far away from that one ? 

You got this my dude ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Congrats on the milestone my man! I've always been a fan of the NFS series, albeit I haven't played much of them lately. 

OOOOO I'm excited for you to take on SMB!! It is tough but nothing a good bit of blood, sweat, tears, and many many hours of practice can't overcome. You've got this and I'll be interested to follow along with your progress! Same goes for Wolfenstein 2... I've heard terrible things about the Mein Leiben runs, enough to keep me far, far away from that one 1f602.png 

You got this my dude 1f4aa.png

Cheers man! Yeah the name & tile of the trophy was a big thing that mattered in deciding which one I wanted but also a game that I enjoyed a lot. I think the fact that the game was one of the most fun I've played & something I enjoy, well it seemed the right one. The name & trophy tile is also really nice so I had to go with it lol. 

Yeah I've been thinking about it for awhile & thought if I'm going for this game or that one, maybe I should try this one as well. I know I'm going to find it way harder than you & @Arcesius since both of you are really good at those games but I'm hoping I can eventually get it done as long as I keep at it. It could be a long one but it will be awhile before I get to it. It would be great to do both of those games too.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

Big congratulations on hitting your 100 milestone brother! Very happy for you! Nice pick and reasoning on the game of choice. The gameplay you chose to share with us - does look really fun!

A game that has caught my interest recently, which is an automatic recommendation for you I reckon, is The Art of Rally. I assume you likely already know about it, but on the off chance you don't. It looks awesome ?

Out of curiosity - how long do you reckon GT Sport will be completeable for? Is there anything that would require one to prioritise it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Out of curiosity - how long do you reckon GT Sport will be completeable for? Is there anything that would require one to prioritise it?

I think the best guesses on that would be 6-12 months after GT7 comes out. The servers for previous GTs got pulled in roughly that timeframe after the next one came out. PD did give decent lead time on the servers closing though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Big congratulations on hitting your 100 milestone brother! Very happy for you! Nice pick and reasoning on the game of choice. The gameplay you chose to share with us - does look really fun!

A game that has caught my interest recently, which is an automatic recommendation for you I reckon, is The Art of Rally. I assume you likely already know about it, but on the off chance you don't. It looks awesome 1f44c.png

Thanks a lot man it means a lot! Yeah I thought I might as well put some videos up of it since it was so fun to play a game like it. Yes, I do know about that game so I will probably get it eventually since it looks pretty cool!

I wouldn't really know but what I do know is that it's the most popular racing game still & many are still on it, so I would be very surprised if it went anywhere anytime soon. It just depends on how much time you put in & what week you prefer as that can change depending on what's available at that time. It's a big game to do so if you do go for it then just know that it's not going to be quick but very well worth it since it is one of the best racing games around.

6 hours ago, barra333 said:

I think the best guesses on that would be 6-12 months after GT7 comes out. The servers for previous GTs got pulled in roughly that timeframe after the next one came out. PD did give decent lead time on the servers closing though.

Yeah I think you'd know a lot more about something like this so I'm glad you said something. I do expect the online to be around for quite sometime but I guess it's something we'll have to see. I think many will still be playing the online on it for quite sometime.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2021 at 11:01 AM, stpatty said:

The assumption so far is that Sport Mode is going continue as-is in GT7. I doubt they'd switch over right away but I don't think GT Sport will still be a thing for very long once 7 comes out. If it's more than 6 months I'd be very surprised.

I'm quite late on this but yeah you'll know a lot more about this so I guess we'll have to see. I'm still making my way through the grind but it's gonna take a long time still.

Really nice clean run of the Gauntlet bro!

I can see how timing of the wall runs is what would take a minute to get down, but as soon as you do, ping - trophy is in the bag! 

Glad you enjoyed the gameplay! Story is very forgettable and unengaging in my opinion. Gameplay is superb though! The Viper boss fight was by far my favourite. The game rewards aggression, so rushing is definitely the best approach. Is there another way to play it anyways? Lack of mech combat is definitely disappointing though. Saying that, it's pretty sick how you can maneuver as a pilot.

• Like 2

On 17/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, KindaSabbath said:

Really nice clean run of the Gauntlet bro!

I can see how timing of the wall runs is what would take a minute to get down, but as soon as you do, ping - trophy is in the bag! 

Glad you enjoyed the gameplay! Story is very forgettable and unengaging in my opinion. Gameplay is superb though! The Viper boss fight was by far my favourite. The game rewards aggression, so rushing is definitely the best approach. Is there another way to play it anyways? Lack of mech combat is definitely disappointing though. Saying that, it's pretty sick how you can maneuver as a pilot.

Thanks man, yeah it's just one of those things that I kept doing the same thing over & over until I tried to do something different but the thing is I always go back to what I was naturally doing lol. It was a good challenge overall but I definitely see why both you guys did it pretty fast. Yeah the gameplay was pretty good & I realised that there wasn't as much mech combat as I expected & I think you guys both mentioned that. I got more pissed off with the mech combat though as I couldn't move as much as I wanted & it made the bosses a bit more annoying but I realised going for the bosses instead of waiting worked well at times. It was a decent game that I would recommend to others still.

9 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Nice to see you play some other non-racing games as well. GT5 is a beast of a challenge, Suzuka will definitely take some practice, but I’m sure you’re capable of it golding it with enough attempts1f44c.png

Yeah it's been pretty good to mix it up a bit & I have quite a few that I want to play in the coming weeks that should be pretty good. I'm looking at getting both Moonlighter & Titan Souls as those look really good. I like games that are similar to Moonlighter so looking forward to that & I've known about Titan Souls for awhile so I think I'll go for that one as well soon.

Yeah I'm making decent progress as I didn't expect to get within a few seconds quite so quickly however the last seconds are always the hardest to get. I'm going to put in some more attempts on it right after I post this. The thing with the starting S part is that with a wheel you can maintain a higher speed whilst going through it & since I'm not using one it's not possible to do that. I can do the S part consistently but I'm having to make up time since I'm not able to maintain that kind of speed without a wheel & that makes it a lot harder. I think I've come to the conclusion that this will be the hardest thing I've ever done in a game so far. I also think that this could well be the toughest single thing in any racing game as very few things that I've done are close to this. I will be very surprised if this is done within a week. I'm gonna keep trying & hopefully I can get closer to doing it.

Update: Holy shit I just got a 0.28.800 on the first sector which wasn't even the best run but that's almost good enough so if I can get a 0.28.700 or less for that first sector then I'll be fast enough for this. That's usually the hard part for most people from what I've read however I still need to get better from that part onwards so there's still a lot of time to get.

Update: I just got a 0.28.600 on the first sector on a run that I should be able to consistently do now so this is looking very good now. I didn't expect to get a time like that on the first sector for a few days especially since I haven't put in too many hrs on this. I'm sure that I can get a 0.28.500 eventually after enough attempts so I'm really glad as I didn't expect to do this yet.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah the gameplay was pretty good & I realised that there wasn't as much mech combat as I expected & I think you guys both mentioned that. I got more pissed off with the mech combat though as I couldn't move as much as I wanted & it made the bosses a bit more annoying but I realised going for the bosses instead of waiting worked well at times. It was a decent game that I would recommend to others still.

Hey, also from my side congrats on finishing the Ganutnet! Honestly, the last thing you should worry about is how long it took other people... You got it, and that's the only thing that matters :) 

As for the quote... It's funny, I feel similarly conflicted ? I was as well disappointed by the amount of mech combat that was in the game, and then at the same time, whenever I was forced into a mech, I was wishing for the section to end soon since it was so much more fun to slide and wall-jump my way around the levels ? Also, I used the invisibility cloak a lot, so being forced into the mech kinda forced me to play differently than what Ihad gotten used to. 

It's a bit of a weird dilemma ?

• Like 1