PS5 System Software Update Launches September 15

ziggypossum

2 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

We’re also expanding mobile features with support for PS Remote Play over mobile networks starting tomorrow

Well this certainly has me interested! But can I also say Remote Play on a phone in portrait mode becomes nearly useless with how small the view is?

Well I'll definitely be getting me an SSD expansion as soon as humanly possible. I love my PS5 but the storage is laughably small, and the Xbox Series X is not much better for out of box storage either (Series S even worse) but they had handy expansion available immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, sealightbreeze said:

It would be nice if they listened to their fan base. I honestly miss the themes. It makes me a bit mad that some themes we got for promotional purposes or beating the game- we can't use a theme at all on the PS5 which is a waste 

As I understood it themes are not coming back because themes was a way for people to gain access and hack the console and such. I would also like themes on PS5. I always changed themes on my PS4 whenever I pre ordered a new game. 

• Like 2

I should have known. Just did the update and my stats for played hours for all my games are messed up.

Trophytracker... do i really need to "manually" assign each trophy for tracking? Shouldn't this be doing it automatically whenever i start a game? 

Edited by NTGSruler
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Finally a trophy list where you can see the whole trophy description without clicking on trophy by trophy. Old list was a complete flawed design

They was trying something new which didnt work. 

Vertical trophy list is a very welcome feature.

I ended up getting into a habit of looking at my trophy list on this site (which isnt a bad thing i guess ?)

• Like 1

ohhhh the vertical stuff is the list in the actual game LOL. I was looking at my trophy list like a baboon "uhh what's everyone on psnp talking about" ?...

Ok that's actually great. It's also a nice little thing they added the white ps5 / black ps4 logo's on the games imo

Edited by Deluziion90

Love the vertical trophy list.

Love the quick access to messages being back with no hurdling around to try to find them at all.

Love the small appearance changes. difference in ps4/ps5 game logos, the trophy box when hovering over a game appears sharper and bolder (might just be me?)

The customization for the command center thing is rather pointless atm but will probably come in use later down the road.

haven’t tried trophy tracking yet.

(edit: just loaded up a game to try the trophy tracker. I mean the pin to side is nice but distracting. Otherwise I don’t see the point of this feature lol. But I’m sure someone will find it useful.)

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

Vertical list is much better. I don't fault them for trying something new but I hope they've learned the lesson from now on. SSD on its way in but only in about 2-3 weeks due to massive demand I'd imagine (WD_BLACK SN850 1TB with heatsink)

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Vertical list is much better. I don't fault them for trying something new but I hope they've learned the lesson from now on. SSD on its way in but only in about 2-3 weeks due to massive demand I'd imagine (WD_BLACK SN850 1TB with heatsink)

And maybe component shortages?

• Like 1

Glad that vertical trophy lists are back. The PS5 lists felt like a negative IQ change. Not only were the big ass tiles and layout ugly, but having to individually select trophies just to be able to read their full descriptions? Oh boy.

As for the trophy tracker, I'm not sure yet if I'll get some use out of it, but we'll see. I guess it could help for things like open world games with a lot to do at once, in order to focus better on a bunch of things at a time.