PS5 System Software Update Launches September 15

ziggypossum

HUGE NEW UPDATE for PS5 Trophies and Trophy Hunters. We get to track trophies, a new trophy overview on the main menu, a new trophy list that is vertical in this brand new update as well as being able to pin it to the side so that we may see our progress live time. This video will get into all of these aspects and how you may access them as well as use them most efficiently! You can also have it pinned to side and it will update in live time every time you progress, I tested that feature around as well, this is gonna be so useful for those grindy trophies.

Edited by Webstrika
  • Like 1

We’re also introducing some new features for PS4, including the ability for players to view their PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and Trophy list. Players can also view other players’ PS5 trophies on PS4.

Finally.

On both PS4 and PS5 consoles, Party owners now also have the ability to disband a Party without having to remove players individually.

That’s a good change I guess.

Overall a solid update.

Though as others have mentioned, my “Games Played” list is now completely down the pan, showing an incorrect order, incorrect time played and incorrect games.

Also I’m not a fan that game tiles are now a default image, rather than the dynamic ones that changed with each update of the game for example.

its stupid that they had to wait a year to release an "update" to fix the layout of the trophy list when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place

here's hoping they "update" the icons as well and revert it to the original rectangle format

PS4 tiles look like shit on the PS5

and PS5 tiles look like shit on the PS4

this is what happens when u try to earn your pay check by changing things for the worse just so u can appear to be doing something ?

1 hour ago, Its-Sam-Eds said:

Overall a solid update.

Though as others have mentioned, my “Games Played” list is now completely down the pan, showing an incorrect order, incorrect time played and incorrect games.

Also I’m not a fan that game tiles are now a default image, rather than the dynamic ones that changed with each update of the game for example.

That was me who mentioned it. Bit disappointed. Love that you could see the total hours played for each game. Hopefully they will fix this. 

So nobody wants folders to organize your games? What about themes? It just makes it all more personal. 

1 hour ago, NTGSruler said:

That was me who mentioned it. Bit disappointed. Love that you could see the total hours played for each game. Hopefully they will fix this. 

So nobody wants folders to organize your games? What about themes? It just makes it all more personal. 

My games played list was out of wack also. It was showing 283 games played instead of 327 when I updated this morning. When I just logged on about 20 minutes ago it was back at 327.

Don't forget to use the spacer on the SSD, It's tiny and under the screw made for the ssd and would be visible in the video ziggypossumm posted, I lost mine after the Beta. If you are using a heatsink, make sure it fits. With the Beta testing I was only successful with a one sider but I'm sure Ebay will have loads of overpriced sellers stating PS5, Buy from me.

I love seeing my ps3 games in the trophies listing properly. 

Sure I liked the Beta but really it's insane we waited for this long, Ah well, I love Japan and they have been busy.

45 minutes ago, Mo-Fresh18 said:

It was cool seeing what our friends were up to and what they were earning trophies, and comments like PS4 has it What's new activities feed. I wish it included the update we getting now ? hopefully someday in a future update.

Honestly, that’s what I miss the most, along with themes. 

16 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Yeah, dynamic themes... miss that option too :(

Made a thread about this, and the consensus opinion was that others agreed, although the UI design seems to make PS4-style themes pretty much impossible 

At a bare minimum, I'd like the option to change the base colour from that grey colour. I like it, but it would be nice to be able to choose. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Found one small bug that is very minor lol.

The main screens game icons for ps5 games are showing the first version of said icons. Not updated ones for dlc releases etc.

Not a big deal whatsoever, but sort of lame on my part for noticing so pointing my lameness out 1f602.png1f605.png.

I mentioned this too, it’s not an issue, but I also found it annoying! Liked the different icons of each respective game!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously don't understand why we can no longer use the themes. I for one, miss mine that I had. Some of the Dynamic Themes were the best

Well, the software running on the PS5 is not the software running on the PS4. It’s entirely new software and it hasn’t been written to use themes yet. It’s not that you can no longer use them, you never could use them on a PS5 in order to no longer use them. 

Did you think they just took the PS4 OS and installed it on a PS5 and made a couple changes? It sure seems like that what a lot of people think. 

13 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously don't understand why we can no longer use the themes. I for one, miss mine that I had. Some of the Dynamic Themes were the best

I miss them too - the issue I think is the core design of the PS5 UI is so that every game on your dashboard almost has it's own dynamic theme. I don't know how that would work whilst also having an overall dynamic theme. IMO, the dynamic themes are a better option. Ironically, Xbox are moving towards dynamic themes after being static-only previously. 

19 hours ago, Webstrika said:

HUGE NEW UPDATE for PS5 Trophies and Trophy Hunters. We get to track trophies, a new trophy overview on the main menu, a new trophy list that is vertical in this brand new update as well as being able to pin it to the side so that we may see our progress live time. This video will get into all of these aspects and how you may access them as well as use them most efficiently! You can also have it pinned to side and it will update in live time every time you progress, I tested that feature around as well, this is gonna be so useful for those grindy trophies.

This is a gamechanger; the feature has been on the Xbox since 2017 and it is so good for compatible games, things like collectables or grindy achievements where you'd otherwise have to keep a mental note. Glad its coming to PS5 too. 

Edited by PhantomFear94