Opinions on PSN Profiles, Users, Ez Plats

Wild-Arms-R

Just now, AihaLoveleaf said:

This is pretty lame. Some people have an easy enough life to afford the free time to make fun of bad video games, and that's fine. I'm not going to worry myself about things I can't possibly fix.

I just want to play video games.

Dude wtf, you can help these problems by doing little shit everyday.

Aldo plz don’t downplay real problems, that shit is such a new age thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

How tho? He said I shouldn’t be able to confirm if someone who is obviously dying from dehydration is well dehydration… 2+2=4 shit like that.

That's not what he said. He basically said that your diagnoses of people are half-assed. Are you even reading people's comments?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

That's not what he said. He basically said that your diagnoses of people are half-assed. Are you even reading people's comments?

It still didn’t work tho, cus the two subjects don’t really work together. 
A monkey could diagnose a person needing some h20.

So it pretty much fails .

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

Legit question: What did you seek to gain by posting this thread? I get its your opinions, but why does it need a whole thread? Generally threads are for discussion, and you don't seem too enthused to hear other people's opinions, based on what I've skimmed from the replies and your responses.

I see way too many threads with needless drama on this site, usually in the sub-forums for "EZ plat" games, and while I'll generally ignore them anyway (or browse for a bit for the lols), it does get kinda irritating seeing the same old arguments and slap fests repeated over and over. You said yourself there's "bigger problems", but you just seem to be adding fuel to the fire here.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
Typo
  • Like 3

This was a pretty funny read, thanks man. I left a little confused by the message though. Was it supposed to convey that EZPZs are a waste of time, ur whore games are a waste of time, or gaming in general is a waste of time? Regarding these people who are „addicted“ that’s not the fault of this site or it’s users. Anybody who thinks that trophy hunting is becoming problematic for them has to realize that themselves. The existence of EZPZ in and of itself won’t make people addicted. 

• Like 1

Oof a lot to unpack here. So here are my 3.5 cents.

Ah psn Profiles, I remember when I 1st found this site, I think it was when I went to PlayStation.org and show this one being mention. 
I was so excited and thinking man I can be around like minded ppl, who are driven, wanting to be the very best and cus it’s a small community will all respect each other right? 
Ha ha, funny joke there eh? 

I would argue that this community compared to what there is available on the internet is quite respectful as for the other attributes you listed they are true for some and not for others.

I mostly lurked on this site for the 1st 4years, but man it was such sad turn events seeing the site become what it was now.

Back then games were still actually a challenge(or at least they were games you had to play for more then 15hrs)

But I swear from 2017 all way to 2021 each year more and more pay to play garbage was poping up.

A factual statement about the increase of shovelware along with a subjective claim about your perception of it being sad. Nothing to disagree here.

Now this didn’t really bother me at 1st, cus like any reasonable sane human being I simply said, who gives a shit, let them do their thing and I’ll do mine.

But after some time, I started seeing ppl fight about it over and over again. 
I kinda see both sides points, but will get to that in a sec.

Based on Poe's Law core principle you can't really tell the intent of the user on the internet. What you see as fighting I see as a simple and healthy discussion between people about their hobby and its direction. I would agree though that these discussions are initiated more often than they should.

I just can’t stand how toxic ppl can get over fucking video games(and I’m actually a troll at times so that’s saying a lot) 

Like dude theirs ppl dying, like 1000s apon 1000’s and y’all sitting here arguing about pointless shit like 1 dollar games that some addict buys every week. 
I know this is gonna sound mean, but get some real problems guys.

Fallacy of relative privation.

Worst part, this site(along with trophy hunting sadly) is encouraging this behavior.

Due to how the leaderboards work.

So yeah this very site encourages toxic hibits and attitudes.

Still I do think the site has great features and is very well put together.

I disagree because it might look like you are correct on a first glance but if you engage in the forums you will quickly find out that the average user doesn't give a shit about the leaderboard. Especially now with all the shovelware.

Ok time to be mean again, but ez plats(or pay to plats) 

Is legit just being alright with mediocrity.

Think about it, what is the standard here,

who ever has the biggest wallet, and the most time can climb the top of the garbage tower(built on shit may I add)

and what’s the reward, a whole lot of misery.

You become a addict, you burn all your money, and worst your time( the thing you can’t get back) 

I agree with the sentiment but calling them addicts is going a bit far since it is a medical term. Addict means compulsive physiological need and that really goes a bit far.

Like what even are you trying to prove? 
That you can be the guy with the most time, be the guy with no ambitions? Besides wasting his/her money?

On shit you don’t even like? 

Y’all need to wake the fuck up.

Want to hear the worst part?

Most of the trophies addicts here have never even posted, cus they know it’s messed up, hell I’d say 85% of the community is pretty much that, so mediocrity rules this place as far as I saw it.

These are just baseless assumptions. Different people have different goals and reasons. Simple as that. Also just because someone isn't active doesn't mean that they aren't active somewhere else.

Alight, we cover the EZ trophy stuff, so let’s talk about the other end of the sprectum.

Now let me say this I like most of the active users here, but I’m not gonna pretend they are some how better then the other trophy “hunter”

Like the ones with the checklist treads, Not all of them do this, but a few of them are basically just validation topics.

Just trying to feel justified that you spend a obscene about of time sitting in a chair clicking buttons on a controller.

Again you are making wild assumptions. This reads like a projection. All I see is friendly banter and people having fun.

Yes your a beast, yes I respect your skill, but your nobody special at the end of the day. 
Anyone could do what you do, even those ppl who play nothing but easy games(they just need to care) 

Now I also wouldn’t care if everyone wants to pat eacher other on the back, but it’s kinda like pro body building, it’s based on vanity and it’s really not healthy.

That’s why I actually ended my checklist tread cus I can’t be a part of that shit anymore, same reason I quit body building too.

Again you are accusing people of things they never claimed and projecting. Putting so much emphasis on vanity is quite telling.

Not all users are like that, just talking about the ones who pride them selves(lol) on playing hard video games like it means something.

Ppl like @AJ_Radio I have a lot of respect for cus he’s very humble(expect for super meat boy, lol jk)

seems very passionate and wise.

He speaks from a grounded perspective and really gives the real answers.

Dosnt just hide away saying “Lol look at my trophy list bruh I’m better then you”

Sadly not many ppl like him around.

EEEEEhhh... He does have some good takes but I wouldn't call him wise or respected by any stretch of the imagination and I believe that he would agree lol.

I just hope I won't see any posts about Sony moving to California and becoming "woke" any time soon.

Well now that I have effectively destroyed any hope of me being accepted from the community, I’ll end on this note, I like this site, I like alot of the users, I enjoy sharing my passion for video games, like in the Backlog challenge tread, full of humble chill ppl in there. It’s just ppl motivating each other to play games, beat tuff challenges and just all around having a good time.

Not really. Most people don't care. At least as far as I'm concerned you are welcome.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Not all users are like that, just talking about the ones who pride them selves(lol) on playing hard video games like it means something.

Ppl like @AJ_Radio I have a lot of respect for cus he’s very humble(expect for super meat boy, lol jk)

seems very passionate and wise.

He speaks from a grounded perspective and really gives the real answers.

Dosnt just hide away saying “Lol look at my trophy list bruh I’m better then you”

Sadly not many ppl like him around.

That sounds like something AJ would write on his alt account. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Problem is nothing I said was toxic cus I used the word opinion 2eZ.

in my opninon your opinons are stupid. soooo that wasn't toxic right? you sound like ricky bobby from talledega nights. "what i said with all due respect." you can still be toxic just stating an opinion.

33 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

in my opninon your opinons are stupid. soooo that wasn't toxic right? you sound like ricky bobby from talledega nights. "what i said with all due respect." you can still be toxic just stating an opinion.

I mean kinda depends on the other person takes it. 
It’s not like I’m stating facts.

2 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

That sounds like something AJ would write on his alt account. 

I wish that was that cool on these froms. 

I think ppl are just easily triggered these days IMO.

3 hours ago, THEALB10N said:

This one isn’t a troll topic surprising.

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

As an avid bird-watcher, I'd absolutely dig this as a thread   It would certainly be infinitely more readable and entertaining than all these "ezpz games are bad" threads that's for sure.

Yeah, i actually want the owl ranking thread now.

@DrBloodmoney as one fake doctor to another...i think we need some Owl facts ?

• Like 4