Triple Threat Trophy is Obtainable Again!

Sergen

?‍♂️ Misread this as about related to “Galadriel” (who is not Tamriel lol) DLC trophies in Middle-earth: Shadow of War, which I have yet to touch~ Still glad I follow you so I at least hear stuff like this before it’s too late ?‍♂️ 

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

At least probably until the November 2021 patch for this game the Triple Threat trophy (Capture 3 Relics in one match) will be unobtainable because ZOS intends to turn the Battlegrounds game mode introduced in the Morrowind DLC into Deathmatch lobbies only, so you won't be allowed to find Capture The Relic matches for the respective trophy. 

Proof here: 

How confident are we that the November patch will re-enable the trophy?

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

How confident are we that the November patch will re-enable the trophy?

50/50, they're looking for a solution to why Battlegrounds is crap to the majority of the player base. But because of how they're treating it currently it doesn't look good for the future of the mode. They're likely to rectify in-game achievements without caring to do anything about the trophy. 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 9:25 PM, Sergen said:

At least probably until the November 2021 patch for this game the Triple Threat trophy (Capture 3 Relics in one match) will be unobtainable because ZOS intends to turn the Battlegrounds game mode introduced in the Morrowind DLC into Deathmatch lobbies only, so you won't be allowed to find Capture The Relic matches for the respective trophy. 

Proof here: 

Is it worth adding both stacks to my list and popping those trophies on each list now, just in case they don't patch it? 

5 minutes ago, HankValentine said:

Is it worth adding both stacks to my list and popping those trophies on each list now, just in case they don't patch it? 

You won't know if you'll be willing to commit at least 1500 hours to the game in the future, so I think not. It'd be quite the struggle for a new player to be committed to both versions and need to use different characters to do the grindy trophies with. I certainly wouldn't have committed myself to stacking the game straight away as a new player, one time is daunting enough, I'm only stacking it now because it had been so long since I endured the trophy content previously. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You won't know if you'll be willing to commit at least 1500 hours to the game in the future, so I think not. It'd be quite the struggle for a new player to be committed to both versions and need to use different characters to do the grindy trophies with. I certainly wouldn't have committed myself to stacking the game straight away as a new player, one time is daunting enough, I'm only stacking it now because it had been so long since I endured the trophy content previously. 

I only plan to get to 100 platinums, once there, online games such ESO will be what I play. It's 1500 passive hours and if it's fun with the right people, it would be easy to do over a year or two. However in regards to stacking you might be right. Is it 1500 for both or each? 

Just now, HankValentine said:

I only plan to get to 100 platinums, once there, online games such ESO will be what I play. It's 1500 passive hours and if it's fun with the right people, it would be easy to do over a year or two. However in regards to stacking you might be right. Is it 1500 for both or each? 

Both I'd say, it probably wouldn't take you 1500 hours of focusing on one version to 100% it. However if you look on Exophase at everyone in the 100% club for the game, none of them have a recorded play time of less than 1000 hours. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sergen said:

Both I'd say, it probably wouldn't take you 1500 hours of focusing on one version to 100% it. However if you look on Exophase at everyone in the 100% club for the game, none of them have a recorded play time of less than 1000 hours. 

I see, thanks for the info mate. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, Sergen said:

Proof here: 

Do you have an idea of how long it will potentially take to obtain the trophy in question when just starting out in the game?

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Do you have an idea of how long it will potentially take to obtain the trophy in question when just starting out in the game?

Definitely not an easy trophy, if you're trying it as a new player for the first time then you'll get absolutely steam rolled by all the try-hards that play Battlegrounds. This is an MMO where your build really counts a lot in terms of getting trophies. As of now the mode is random and can take hours to appear for even 1 attempt at the trophy, when I was new I took around 5 attempts to get the trophy in the mode and that was back when I could specifically look for the mode. Last month I needed to get either Crazy King or Deathmatch to show up in Battlegrounds for the opportunity to get the 3k score trophy on PS5, it took me 7 hours of trying to get the mode to spawn before I could get it. Your stats in every match you play if you try to rush it will genuinely be 0 kills, 10 deaths, you'll feel like you're doing nothing to anyone because you won't know how the game works at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Definitely not an easy trophy, if you're trying it as a new player for the first time then you'll get absolutely steam rolled by all the try-hards that play Battlegrounds. This is an MMO where your build really counts a lot in terms of getting trophies. As of now the mode is random and can take hours to appear for even 1 attempt at the trophy, when I was new I took around 5 attempts to get the trophy in the mode and that was back when I could specifically look for the mode. Last month I needed to get either Crazy King or Deathmatch to show up in Battlegrounds for the opportunity to get the 3k score trophy on PS5, it took me 7 hours of trying to get the mode to spawn before I could get it. Your stats in every match you play if you try to rush it will genuinely be 0 kills, 10 deaths, you'll feel like you're doing nothing to anyone because you won't know how the game works at all. 

Understood, I figured that’d be the case with it being such a popular MMO. I may just skip it and see if a future patch will change things, haven’t decided yet.  Thanks for the info, Sergen. 

• Like 1

It's official now. The battlegrounds search says "Deathmatch Only" on it and the in-game Triple Threat achievement wasn't changed at all so at least until November it's not going to be possible for new people to earn this trophy. @HuntingFever it is worth adding this to your thread on PlayStationTrophies.org! 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It's official now. The battlegrounds search says "Deathmatch Only" on it and the in-game Triple Threat achievement wasn't changed at all so at least until November it's not going to be possible for new people to earn this trophy. @HuntingFever it is worth adding this to your thread on PlayStationTrophies.org! 

I added it this morning :).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!

When Battlegrounds first launched, we initially saw some data and feedback showing a preference specifically towards the Deathmatch game mode. With the recent removal of the option to choose a game mode when queuing for a Battleground, we’ve now seen an uptick in players choosing to treat any game mode as Deathmatch. In an effort to increase Battleground population and interest, the Solo and Group queues will only offer the Deathmatch game mode for a period of time. This change will occur during next week's maintenances, on September 20 for PC/Mac/Stadia and September 22 on consoles.

After we have a chance to digest some of the feedback and data from this experiment, we’ll decide on what the next steps should be for Battleground queue options and consider the best way to add the other Battleground game modes back in.

Thanks for your continued interest and support! We’re excited to hear what you think.

Edit [October 15]

Thanks so much for your participation, patience and feedback while we experimented with only having the Deathmatch game mode available. It was important for us to run this for a few weeks to ensure we had an accurate representation of overall involvement and interest in Battlegrounds during this time.

First, it’s valuable to note the general feedback on this test was quite polarizing. While there were certainly a lot of players that liked only having Deathmatch available, there were just as many that didn’t enjoy it. A frequent complaint we saw, though, was the disappointment that we removed something that is ultimately at the core of our game: the freedom of choice. And in the case of this test, the data appeared to back that up as well. Although we initially saw a very slight bump in participation, it quickly declined and has left Battleground populations in a fairly unhealthy state.

Starting with the launch of Update 32 (November 1 for PC/Mac/Stadia and November 16 for consoles), we’ll be giving you more choices to decide which game mode to queue into depending on if you are playing solo or with a group. These will include:

• Solo Deathmatch
  • Solo Random Battleground
  • Group Deathmatch
  • Group Random Battleground

One thing to keep in mind is the random queue will include all game modes (Flag Games, Land Grabs, and Deathmatch) so the likelihood of getting Deathmatch is going to be higher for those queueing into that game mode, specifically.

We’ll continue to monitor the sentiment and participation rates with Battlegrounds once this rolls out next month, and we’ll let you know if we plan for any additional changes. Thanks again for posting all your thoughts during this time!

So in november we are able to obtain this trophy again :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 22/09/2021 at 7:30 PM, HuntingFever said:

I added it this morning :).

The trophy is now fixed with the current patch, although the servers are down for maintenance at the time of me writing this, when they're back online the trophy will be possible again. It is now okay to take it off your thread if you haven't already. 

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The trophy is now fixed with the current patch, although the servers are down for maintenance at the time of me writing this, when they're back online the trophy will be possible again. It is now okay to take it off your thread if you haven't already. 

Thank you for the heads up, I've removed it from the list :).

• Like 1

The logic for putting deathmatch in the random category has to have been implemented by a group of thoughtless dumbasses. From what i've read the idea is that waiting to queue for a mode for 30 mins is unacceptable, and it increases wait time for Deathmatch players to more than 5 minutes. I've been queueing a few hours and only gotten 2 games that weren't DM. If they care so much about wait times then they should lower the player requirement from 12, they aren't filling games doing this, they're just starting them, which would be fine imo if i didn't get slapped with a 5 minute ban everytime i leave. The mental gymnastics to justify not separating DM is incomprehensible to me, you'd have better chances drawing pocket aces than avoiding DM.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I logged in yesterday to snag my daily reward and saw a message that this weekend would be running only relic matches in battlegrounds. 

I have not really started to play yet and was wondering what the level requirements for this mode are. Seeing as this trophy has been unobtainable in the past, is it worth rushing from the prologue opening and go for this trophy?

48 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I logged in yesterday to snag my daily reward and saw a message that this weekend would be running only relic matches in battlegrounds. 

I have not really started to play yet and was wondering what the level requirements for this mode are. Seeing as this trophy has been unobtainable in the past, is it worth rushing from the prologue opening and go for this trophy?

I would say the most annoying thing about going for this trophy is actually finding the gamemode itself so I say you should go for it. However, be warned, if you are inexperienced and do not have decent gear then you will probably struggle. There are a lot of sweats that play the battlegrounds mode in my experience.

• Like 1