[NA] PS Double Discounts Sale 9/15/21

kidson2004

9 minutes ago, ZZ383 said:

Dear mods, this thread doesn't hold a candle to the one posted by Neocarleen.

Sure it does not, but 1) Neocarleen isn't always available to post and 2) you can just as easily browse the store yourself. It's not like she's getting the information from some alien source. 

• Like 1

The only things that look interesting are Dying Light's Hellraid DLC, the AC: Syndicate Season Pass, and the deluxe COD games. However with the Activision lawsuit I don't think I'll be buying any COD games anytime soon and have zero plans to play AC in the near future so I guess I'll go with Hellraid. 

21 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Ooooh "Double", maybe we get a Triple Discount sale someday..

In other news, Gamefly has a pre-played sale atm, https://www.gamefly.com/preplayedsale that might have some goodies for you instead.

That sale is amazing! I got Rift Apart for only $40. They also have Demon's Souls and Returnal for $35. These are the kinds of sales I'd expect on Black Friday.

10 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I'm tempted by Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. I just can't tell if the trophies were patched or not, too many posts saying both are true. ?

I have the base game and last I saw all trophies were fixed and unlockable including To Plow the Sea which was the one keeping most people from 100% (it's a DLC trophy).

I would advise against getting just the base game because of how expensive the DLC's are. They released some new editions recently that include the expansions; I think there is one that has the expansions and all the paid DLC released afterwards too. I'd wait for a sale on these personally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have the base game and last I saw all trophies were fixed and unlockable including To Plow the Sea which was the one keeping most people from 100% (it's a DLC trophy).

I would advise against getting just the base game because of how expensive the DLC's are. They released some new editions recently that include the expansions; I think there is one that has the expansions and all the paid DLC released afterwards too. I'd wait for a sale on these personally. 

You're a gentleman and a scholar my friend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

Why compare the 2? It’s the same thing honestly. Both are very informative threads. Just enjoy the fact that there’s people that want to share the info to the community. 

8 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

You can still view the information posted in that thread, and comment on the sale in this one. It's not like Neocarleen's thread was deleted, it was only locked.

You stopped it from getting posts though, so you effectively kept it hidden from anyone who browses by new.. i was wondering where the typical sale list was all day. Wrong decision imo.

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

That sale is amazing! I got Rift Apart for only $40. They also have Demon's Souls and Returnal for $35. These are the kinds of sales I'd expect on Black Friday.

Yeah I bought a few things too,

Nier Replicant $20

Scarlet Nexus $30

Samurai Warriors 5 $37

I'm when black friday or xmas comes around these all might be $5 cheaper but that's months away still, and time is money! I might even finish them so fast I will resell them off on ebay for more $$ lol.

I mean dang, yesterday I bought 12 cookies and it cost me $5... So yeah I think these turn out to be pretty cheap, haha.

5 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

You're better off getting the Digital Deluxe edition on sale.

Me and a group have been waiting for the season pass to go on sale for months. The deluxe edition was on sale a little while but when you already own the base through plus 39.99 for the deluxe is not a great deal.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

1 minute ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Me and a group have been waiting for the season pass to go on sale for months. The deluxe edition was on sale a little while but when you already own the base through plus 39.99 for the deluxe is not a great deal.

You aren't gonna get a great deal with COD, unfortunately. Either you continue to wait and risk them stop doing sales for WWII entirely or you just bite the bullet and spend $40.

6 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

You aren't gonna get a great deal with COD, unfortunately. Either you continue to wait and risk them stop doing sales for WWII entirely or you just bite the bullet and spend $40.

I know if season pass was 19.99 or 24.99 a lot of people would get it. But 39.99 for some dlcs is too much. And yeah I'm not holding my breath with a sale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

You stopped it from getting posts though, so you effectively kept it hidden from anyone who browses by new.. i was wondering where the typical sale list was all day. Wrong decision imo.

That's your choice to only browse by new. If you were wondering where it was then I would question why you didn't even check the Sales & Deals section once to see if it was actually posted and just hadn't had any other posts added to the thread.

It's always been the first thread posted that stays around here. If we don't do it that way then we end up playing favourites and that's not the way it should be done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

4 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

That post is a verbatim copy of this list:

https://platprices.com/en-us/news/1417-psn-sale-september-15-2021-united-states

@kidson2004 You can add the link to the 1st post and everyone should be happy.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:20 AM, zizimonster said:

How difficult is Shenmue 3? Is it fun? I've never played the older titles. :hmm:

Don't do it, the plat isn't worth the effort it takes fishing 1000 fish. 1 and 2 are a lot better, I'm trying to forget 3 exists.

• Like 1

Not too excited about this sale particularly. I might make an effort to get one or two titles that I'm interested in there, but for the most part, nothing too interesting for me.

Methinks the next sale after this one will most likely bring some better games at better prices, so I rather hold on for that one.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 11:06 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

yeh, i had purchased Fallen Legion on a sale awhile back and just previously started...have to say I wasn't too impressed...

*EDIT*

nvm i have Flames and not Sins

Edited by sword_of_omens