Does ANYONE know what the actual requirement for the plat is?!? (Shielded by Madness trophy)

sappho-lopod

I've asked a couple times in various places now and have yet to get a straight answer. The only trophy I'm missing is "Shielded by Madness", and I've been told that fulfilling the requirements for it on H.P. Lovecraft difficulty and then finishing the game (as per what is for some reason the plat's description) will unlock it, but I have my doubts. I'm willing to do a playthrough on H.P. Lovecraft if that's what it'll take, but I'd really rather not since I have no guarantees it will in fact unlock and if there's any other possible solution here.

Personally, Id message one of the players that has achieved the trophy/platinum and ask them. There have been a few times Ive done this myself, 90% of the time you'll get a response.

Recently Ive had 4 people message me about Unturned trophies; I'm 1/3, or 4 now, with the platinum. Ive answered so many questions, even repeated myself, but players tend to help eachother out. 

Goodluck

6 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Personally, Id message one of the players that has achieved the trophy/platinum and ask them. There have been a few times Ive done this myself, 90% of the time you'll get a response.

Recently Ive had 4 people message me about Unturned trophies; I'm 1/3, or 4 now, with the platinum. Ive answered so many questions, even repeated myself, but players tend to help eachother out. 

Goodluck

Why do so few people have the Unturned plat? 

The only way I could get Shielded by Madness to unlock was by finishing it on H.P Lovecraft difficulty while also collecting those documents. It popped during the final cutscene when Ariadne is talking about how it likes the song, but not the light. I tried multiple times on Edgar Allan Poe while doing my other runs, but it wouldn't pop on anything but H.P Lovecraft.

It seems like when the developers tried to make the platinum requirement to 'finish on H.P Lovecraft difficulty' (not understanding how a platinum works), sony attached the requirement to the last trophy on the list instead.

On 15/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, monochrome said:

The only way I could get Shielded by Madness to unlock was by finishing it on H.P Lovecraft difficulty while also collecting those documents. It popped during the final cutscene when Ariadne is talking about how it likes the song, but not the light. I tried multiple times on Edgar Allan Poe while doing my other runs, but it wouldn't pop on anything but H.P Lovecraft.

It seems like when the developers tried to make the platinum requirement to 'finish on H.P Lovecraft difficulty' (not understanding how a platinum works), sony attached the requirement to the last trophy on the list instead.

Same here, for me both Shielded By Madness and the platinum popped at the same time during that final cutscene. Just like you, I was only able to get it when I finished my H.P. Lovecraft playthrough. Collecting every document on Edgar Allan Poe did nothing :/

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody here please tell me if the trophies that says Complete the game on H.P. Lovecraft difficulty, Complete the game without losing any characters on Edgar Allan Poe or higher difficulty and Complete the game choosing Daniel whenever available on Edgar Allan Poe or higher difficulty are only talking about episode 5 or the entire game?

I just want to know if i only need to worry about those things on episode 5 or from the start of the game to the end.

It looked like on a PC achievement guide i saw that those trophies are specifically for episode 5 but i just want to make sure that its the same on the PS4.

https://www.neoseeker.com/song-of-horror/walkthrough/Achievements

Edited by CyberLance

• 2 months later...
On 8.10.2021 at 1:47 AM, CyberLance said:

Can somebody here please tell me if the trophies that says Complete the game on H.P. Lovecraft difficulty, Complete the game without losing any characters on Edgar Allan Poe or higher difficulty and Complete the game choosing Daniel whenever available on Edgar Allan Poe or higher difficulty are only talking about episode 5 or the entire game?

I just want to know if i only need to worry about those things on episode 5 or from the start of the game to the end.

It looked like on a PC achievement guide i saw that those trophies are specifically for episode 5 but i just want to make sure that its the same on the PS4.

https://www.neoseeker.com/song-of-horror/walkthrough/Achievements

Actually its from the start of the game to the end. Just did it. But I lost one character on episode 5. I then restarted the whole episode and at the end the trophy still popped. So it does only matter that you finish an episode with all characters. It doesn't matter if you restart the episode in between. That makes a lot easier. 

• 3 months later...

For the 1st playthrough, i used Sophie during Chapter 1, and used Daniel from Chapter 2 (whenever possible) until Chapter 5 cuz we can't use him on that chapter, so i used the Lidia. On the Chapter Finale the only Character you can use is Daniel. This playthrough i played on Edgar Allan Poe Difficulty and no death. But i don't know if i've forgotten to read the 8 files or what on Chapter 5 so i didn't get Shielded by Madness trophy. (someone said it should be obtained on HPLovecraft difficulty and others said not).

Then i started an optional playthrough on M.R.James difficulty to get the character-specific trophies while writing a speedrun guide for myself. Leave only 1 character specific trophy for each chapter on H.P.Lovecraft playthrough.

For H.P.lovecraft playthrough i didn't lose any character at all again in case something frustrating could happen later. On Chapter 5 i got 8 files and read them over and over (one file has content front and back). Made a backup save before end of Chapter 5, too. Finally, after having solved 2 puzzles on Chapter Finale, when Daniel sat on that couch, my final 2 trophies: Shielded by Madness and Platinum popped at the same time.

• 2 months later...

This trophy guide says that you dont need to play the game on Lovecraft difficulty to get the platinum https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/song-of-horror/guide/

I have seen many people say that you need to play on Lovecraft so is the trophy guide wrong?

This is not the kind of game i want to play on the hardest difficulty so i hope i dont need to play on Lovecraft.

Especially if im not allowed to die and from what i have heard it seems very easy to make a mistake and suddenly die in this game.

Edited by CyberLance

Ok im testing requirements, going try messaging dev team too.

So far i tried,

redoing it normally on easiest difficulty after failing on poe, spamming read several times and beating game no luck.

Going back to a back up save, playing as lidia, changing dif at end level to hp and reading files beating game, no trophy.

Going back to back up save killing lidia, playing as daniel, changing dif to hp then reading all files then beating gamr no trophy.

Might retry without changing diff but biggest issue is some say beat game hp, some say episode 5 only etc.

Ill try testing, beating all of episode 5 hp lovecraft to see if it pops though truthfully im not looking forward to constant jump scares...

Ok ill try getting all other trophies and seeing if it was a platinum trophy description muck up and hope i can pop it, ill be using a dif slot to get all files and listening and viewing all documents, aswell as character trophies, then when that trophy is last ill test run some stuff again and see if i can get it to pop on my og save... or on the new save file, ill make sure check everything and how it decides and tracks trophy popping and functions etc.

For now the pheory is you need to beat it on hp lovecraft dif or chapter 5 hp but we can see later after i run by some things.

Update: asked 1 players and they said and shown that they didnt get it as last trophy and they did play on hp lovecrafy difficulty, maybe platinum and bronze trophy description is muddled up.

Update 2: i think platinum and shielded by madness description has been messed around with, theres a clear mistake in plat description, guy on ps3 trophies said he did hp lovecraft difficulty and in videos of platinum playthroughs it popped end game. I just started hp love craft and ill see how well it goes.

Update 3: trophy popped after beating hp lovecraft, didnt pick up anything whether it be files or collectibles, so descriptions are mixed up!

Edited by Sarsky

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 2:39 PM, Sarsky said:

Update 3: trophy popped after beating hp lovecraft, didnt pick up anything whether it be files or collectibles, so descriptions are mixed up!

just to set this straight:

does this mean that the trophy has nothing to do with getting and/or reading those 8 Files in Episode 5 and you only have to beat the whole game (including the initial Prologue) in HP difficulty??

Edited by moritz_reiher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 0:50 PM, moritz_reiher said:

just to set this straight:

does this mean that the trophy has nothing to do with getting and/or reading those 8 Files in Episode 5 and you only have to beat the whole game (including the initial Prologue) in HP difficulty??

For me yes it popped that way, however if you go to another thread i created, i got official quote from devs