PS3 store error when starting

Aluminium_Sirius

Hi,

I’m getting this very weird error. I start PS Store normally and after that I immediatelly get an error reading that I was logged out of PSN network. The only option left for me is the button to exit the store. Then it exits, gets back to PS3 main interface and I’m logged out, after which I have to sign in again. After that you know what happens, I try again the PS store and still the same happens - like in the loop.

I don’t have any errors when viewing profile details, loading trophies, even viewing the download list is okay or methods of payment. Only the store app is affected. So I deleted it, downloaded anew and updated. And still the same!

I have a friend and he says he can enter PS3 store without issues so it’s only me, but I’d like to know why? :( (and how to fix it…)

yes, the latter, that there was an error and I were logged out, no error codes

Could you try changing your internet DNS settings to Google's (8.8.8.8. & 4.4.4.4.)?”

Do I do this in wifi router or somewhere else?

P.S. This is the first time I see error like this. Might it has something to do that I have PLUS subscription (which I bought accidentaly for a month) and a friend of mine doesn’t? (but it works in his system), perhaps some of you good people can test it for me (plus subscription and entering ps3 store)?

Edited by Aluminium_Sirius

The DNS settings are available when setting up your internet connection, choose manual set-up instead of automatic and plug in 8.8.8.8. for the primary DNS and 8.8.4.4. for the secondary DNS. That might work.

And it shouldn't have anything to do with plus, this appears to be more just a bug that happens to random accounts for short spans of time. Regardless though, when I get home in a few hours I'll hook mine back up and give it a try.

Thanks, well, it didn’t work. I mean i tried this DNS fix, but to no avail. This is the error I get regardless:

DSC-0001.jpg

„You have been signed off of PlayStation Network. Sign in again. [CLOSE]”

Looks like if I suddenly lost connection.

Sometimes it gets even worse. After I confirm it to close the console auto reboots itself and then there is something that the program unexpectedly closed itself and do you wish to send information to Sony? After that there is files intergrity check-up. And later the console comes back to life. What the hell?

But I can still see the preview window of their PS Store advertisments here:

DSC-0002.jpg

Edited by Aluminium_Sirius

i had this happen last year on my phat and no other system. it happened for no reason. i tried everything but formatting (i have way to much stuff to do a format) i tried rebuilding database, deleting the ps store and re ddownloading it, nothing worked. so i gave up. i ended up going back to the store on accident a few months later and it worked. i have no clue why. all i know is it wasnt working for about 2 weeks with no explanation and then fixed itself. 

what im thinking is there is some sort of issue on sonys communication side to your system for some reason and wait it out. all my other ps3s worked excpet that one that fixed itself. 

also to add to what the guy  said above it was also my main account. i dont recall if i tried alt account stores. but it was my original first system and my  very first and main user name. but like i said on my other ps3s it was fine.

i actually went back and found my old thread for you if youd like to give it a read below.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

Better yet, yesterday I went to a pawn shop which owner I know well and he let me to test one of his ps3’s. I created a new user (on the console) and then logged in my psn credentials. Then I updated his old ps store and tried it. Guess what? SAME: „You have been looged out of PSN Network. [CLOSE]”. So it’s not device related. I guess Sony must be banning me for no reason to access PS3 store (and thta alone)… it’ś nonesense but I guess my days of buying anything digital are over. Very unreliable.

2 minutes ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

EDIT:

I think I fixed it. I enabled two step verification, relogged to psn and after that PSN store magically ran. Great.

And already purhased a game.

This topic can be closed and left for posterity.

Did you just need to end up using the PS3 specific 2FA password and not your PSN account password for it to work?

9 minutes ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

yes, the specific and very complicated password given to my by Sony, no way I’m gonna rememeber it, so I had to write it down on paper

Yes, that’s supposed to make it harder for someone to guess your password. I also have mine written in a note on my phone for safe keeping. 

Hope this thread is able to help people in the future. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Each time I try to access the PSN store, it signs me out of PlayStation Network regardless if auto sign-in is enabled.

This started 2 days after I got platinum for Vanquish, 9/6. Thought I'd browse the store looking for games with a challenge or something else to fiddle around with when it started.

Contacted Sony and got some horse ish reasons for the issue like, "My console was not turned off properly" that I have to

1) Delete the user and recreate it.

2) Enter Safe Mode and select Rebuild Database and Restore System Files.

3) Delete the store and reinstall it.

4) Run internet test.

I've probably done a 100 of a myriad of things, but nothing worked, until, get this: I changed my password and was granted access to the store again! Yay, right? Nope.

The problem started again on its own and there's no emails from Sony that I changed my password, or any other foul play; never been suspended or banned as long as I've been on PS3 (since 2009).

I must've changed my password about 10 times last month and when it signs me out, there's no error message.

On top of this madness, the very password I use to sign in with isn't working when I go into Account Management - anything that'd require my password, isn't going through, but it works when I sign in to PSN! What the actual F?!

I've had Media Server Connection disabled for many years and my internet connection is superb. Essentially, all settings are unmolested and I'm up to date!

Could this have something to do with that announcement about the PS3 store being shutdown in September (when it was originally announced?) or is something else going on here?

What's hurting the most is I bought a years worth of Plus (for the first time ever) on 5/17/2021 and can't get my money back off it + (haha) having to delete my user, which consisted of messages going back to 2016 and group chats I had with friends that have moved on to PS4.

So, any help? I'm satisfied with my PS3 and don't want PS4 because - to whom it concerns - the PS3 offers games with a bit of a challenge, unlike its successor(s).

Thanks. Kina.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, DaivRules said:

Yes, that’s supposed to make it harder for someone to guess your password. I also have mine written in a note on my phone for safe keeping. 

Hope this thread is able to help people in the future. 

Oh, so you moved my post? Ok. Whoops on me for not knowing this topic already existed. 

Have not given this a try yet, but I guess I have no choice. It's just strange for me to contact a company and have them throw guesses instead of a solid solution. How could they NOT reference this 2-Step Verification?

4 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

It's just strange for me to contact a company and have them throw guesses instead of a solid solution. How could they NOT reference this 2-Step Verification?

General level 1 Customer Support for any company is garbage and they get "trained" on 1000 subjects over 3 days and are expected to remember all of it for each interaction as well as spend as little amount of time as possible to end communication with the client.

Add in how few people this problem probably surfaces and turnover rate of entry level support roles so almost no one in their service center has probably even heard of this before, let alone resolved it and you end up like this.

Luckily, we have a concentration of people here likely to have come across this and tried out solutions and even luckier still, someone seems to have something that works.

• Like 1

When it comes to Sony, there's no excuse for negligence or "lack of" knowledge about their products. Global announcements to announce closing stores but no global announcements to mention 2-step verification or no store access?

Which I received no emails from Sony about. But I do humbly appreciate you Hail Marying me to this post.

Not to derail the thread too much, but if you have PS4 or PS5, is this something you guys all have to do on those consoles or have done beforehand? Does it affect you the same way as it's affecting us PS3 users?

7 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

When it comes to Sony, there's no excuse for negligence or "lack of" knowledge about their products. Global announcements to announce closing stores but no global announcements to mention 2-step verification or no store access?

Which I received no emails from Sony about. But I do humbly appreciate you Hail Marying me to this post.

Not to derail the thread too much, but if you have PS4 or PS5, is this something you guys all have to do on those consoles or have done beforehand? Does it affect you the same way as it's affecting us PS3 users?

Getting signed out of the PSN store, no. Having to have 2 factor enabled? I wouldn't really know because I've had it enabled for a few years already.

All the issues with legacy systems in the past year does make me concerned about the future of PS4 and PS5 eventually as well though. I've completely stopped bothering to claim games on PS+, and actually just buy them later if I'm interested enough. I know there's nothing set in stone to say PS+ games will be having issues on PS4/PS5 in the future like PS3 and Vita ones have been on and off for months now, but I simply don't trust it, especially with no way to buy them outright with an active PS+ subscription like you can on Xbox with a Gold subscription.

Sony has been through a number of changes at a business level since the 2011 hack, but one thing that hasn't really seem to change much is their competency and transparency to their customers, to be frank.

28 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

It’s not universal, not everyone is affected. It’s sporadic and most likely incompetent engineering, not malicious design.

I have access two accounts without 2 factor that have no problem accessing the PS3 store so the assumption that this is a global policy isn't accurate.

Needless to say, that actually helped. But I'm not  clicking my heels for joy just yet. Still too early for celebrating, but this was an eyeopener for what's to happen to newer consoles - things may end up more challenging, or not.

I'm more concerned about the gamers out there experiencing this non-error-having issue and know not where to turn. Live Chat ops influenced me to do unnecessary measures for a feature I didn't know - let alone cared - that existed.

I have another user on my console that goes into the store without 2-step set-up plus a few online friends that never heard of it...and can access said store.

Let's see how long this lasts. If this is some sort of gag to force newer consoles to be sold, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.