PS3 store error when starting

Aluminium_Sirius

Keeping on to this related topic...

I'm happy to say 2-Step fixed the accessing the store problem, but I'm back to another pre-existing matter: Account Management password.

I copied the Authenticator password down it gave me to sign into PSN, but it's not working for Account Management-related options, neither is that other password for my PSN.

Did I miss something here?

Thank you in advance.

8 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

Keeping on to this related topic...

I'm happy to say 2-Step fixed the accessing the store problem, but I'm back to another pre-existing matter: Account Management password.

I copied the Authenticator password down it gave me to sign into PSN, but it's not working for Account Management-related options, neither is that other password for my PSN.

Did I miss something here?

Thank you in advance.

Authenticator password, or did you use the device setup password? Only the device setup password will work on the PS3 with 2FA enabled

On 10/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Authenticator password, or did you use the device setup password? Only the device setup password will work on the PS3 with 2FA enabled

I used the device set-up password - the one given unto me by the PSN App itself after setting up 2-Step. Not talking about the list of backup passwords in case I'm locked out. But yes, tried it, didn't work. Tried same password used to sign-in into the PSN App. Doesn't work.

28 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

I used the device set-up password - the one given unto me by the PSN App itself after setting up 2-Step. Not talking about the list of backup passwords in case I'm locked out. But yes, tried it, didn't work. Tried same password used to sign-in into the PSN App. Doesn't work.

That's because the app uses your real password, if you want to use your real one, you'd have to disable 2FA. The PS3 and Vita have been seeing a lot of issues lately related to the store and login issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

That's because the app uses your real password, if you want to use your real one, you'd have to disable 2FA. The PS3 and Vita have been seeing a lot of issues lately related to the store and login issues

You're saying because I enabled 2-Step security, I cannot access Account Management settings and if I want to, I have to disable it and be locked out of the store all over again?

Remind you, when I couldn't access the store, I couldn't access Account Management password-related options with the very password I could (still) sign-in to PlayStation Network with.

23 minutes ago, Akina8373 said:

You're saying because I enabled 2-Step security, I cannot access Account Management settings and if I want to, I have to disable it and be locked out of the store all over again?

Remind you, when I couldn't access the store, I couldn't access Account Management password-related options with the very password I could (still) sign-in to PlayStation Network with.

It may not work even with disabling 2FA, like I said the store and the online is very broken on the ps3 and vita ever since they announced the closures and then changed their minds. Multiple threads on here and on reddit about password issues, login issues, store issues, download issues, etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.10.2021 at 0:37 AM, SnowxSakura said:

It may not work even with disabling 2FA, like I said the store and the online is very broken on the ps3 and vita

I can confirm this is very true for PSP. On PSP either passwords doesn’t work.

Well, since they mingled stationary devices authentification with mobile devices method of SMSes it all went to dogs. But this how it is in the so-called modern times. All those corpo-slave companies or digital consumerism giants presume that if they send you additional code to your cellphone all will be secure… lol… as if mobile phone was a safety determinant (!). They think code on your phone is safe, as if the phone is only yours and nobody can see anything. Who thought about such concept was wrong. It does not add any extra security, it does not add any comfort of use. All is head ache in SMS nonesense ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, SnowxSakura said:

This has to be, one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen from Sony. I digress... I need someone to test something, please! Is it possible to opt out of (disable) 2-Step Verification and go back to a normal sign-in and sign out, routine with PSN, access basic privacy settings and enter the store without it signing you out? As it stands, with the 2-Step Verification password provided to sign in to PSN, said password will not let me access privacy settings to turn off Friend Requests, nor is my default PSN password working either and I'm sure the more I try to guess this "imaginary" password, it'll lock me out of my own console. Thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 2021-09-19 at 3:47 PM, Aluminium_Sirius said:

EDIT:

I think I fixed it. I enabled two step verification, relogged to psn and after that PSN store magically ran. Great.

And already purhased a game.

This topic can be closed and left for posterity.

Thank you so much my friend. You are the mvp. After long hours of trying everything, I finally found this topic. For someone like me who hates 2steps and find that useless, apparently will have to get used to it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:50 PM, bunshing said:

Thank you so much my friend. You are the mvp. After long hours of trying everything, I finally found this topic. For someone like me who hates 2steps and find that useless, apparently will have to get used to it.

What I'm curious to know is how is it we select few, were affected by this a year prior to the recent system update of THIS year for our consoles? I called PlayStation and asked about this and after refusing countless times to give my PSN and just have a simple question answered, they "claimed" to not know what I was talking about, before the patch.

So it's okay to harass & frustrate players on outdated consoles for laughs? Can't wait to see what they do to PS4 and PS5 if that's the case.