Which path to choose?

XpanderFX

Hi, i'm following both guides here and the one on pstrophies and don't know what to do. the guide here says molecular level is the first quest that needs a manual save because paths are splitting while the other guide says blind betrayal is the one, ignoring molecular level. i'm making a save every day so i wont miss anything however i dont wont waste time on unecessary paths. what do u suggest?

Play through it blind! It's far too good a game to follow a guide and try and do it in one go! If you really want to though, make a save before deciding whose help you will enlist to in complete the Molecular level. You have to choose between 3 factions and as far as I remember, choosing one locks you out of the others. I might be wrong though. 

In blind betrayal, you'll certinly want to make a save as you have to make a choice between killing or not killing someone and obviously if you kill them, they're gone. 

2 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Play through it blind! It's far too good a game to follow a guide and try and do it in one go! If you really want to though, make a save before deciding whose help you will enlist to in complete the Molecular level. You have to choose between 3 factions and as far as I remember, choosing one locks you out of the others. I might be wrong though. 

In blind betrayal, you'll certinly want to make a save as you have to make a choice between killing or not killing someone and obviously if you kill them, they're gone. 

im playing blind of course, without spoilering anything. i only took note of the few missions that splits paths, but i was wondering why one guide talks about molecular level, without caring of blind betrayal while the other is opposite

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Hi!

I made a post here a while back which details how one might go about tackling all the missable story trophies using strategic saves. It is also spoiler free.

Cheers.

Ok thanks. So it seems similar, or maybe the same, as in pstrophies guide. Molecular level seems relevant only in the guide on psnp so ill ignore it then

30 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

Ok thanks. So it seems similar, or maybe the same, as in pstrophies guide. Molecular level seems relevant only in the guide on psnp so ill ignore it then

Yep. It saved me so much time following this rather than the guide here on psnp and you get to keep a lot of rewards from the different factions with this method. 

• Like 1

On 16/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Yep. It saved me so much time following this rather than the guide here on psnp and you get to keep a lot of rewards from the different factions with this method. 

anyway, after the critical save, which path u suggest to follow, i mean the one from u'll do remaining stuff (dlc's etc), left or right?

14 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

anyway, after the critical save, which path u suggest to follow, i mean the one from u'll do remaining stuff (dlc's etc), left or right?

I personally chose the brotherhood of steel for my main path to complete all the DLCs with. At the end of the day though, I don't think it matters that much and it solely depends on which faction you liked the most. 

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I personally chose the brotherhood of steel for my main path to complete all the DLCs with. At the end of the day though, I don't think it matters that much and it solely depends on which faction you liked the most. 

ok. i think it wont matter in my case anyway. im playing goty version playing "mixed" between all dlc's so i think once i reach end of main quest i will also finish all remaining stuff meanwhile

• 1 year later...

A lot that's told about point of no return are not true. 

Mass Fusion/spoils of war is the point of no return as it makes you choose between the Brotherhood/Institute.

Finishing underground undercover for the Railroad will also lock you out of those factions, but you can do the early parts of it.

Edited by Bloodmeyer