Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aragorn_Elite

Platinum Duration, What's your experience?

23 posts in this topic

So I'm thinking this will be my next plat.

What are your opinions on this matter?

Does it get boring?

Currently I'm probably on 7 hours ...

Cheers everyone and thank in advance for sharing your opinions

Also I wish you guys a very happy Christmas with loads of Games and more!

I never got bored doing the single player, I thought it was very fun. I think it took a little over 20 hours for me to platinum it. The co-op was pretty boring in my opinion. 

Not at all boring, i loved every minute of this game, including the co-op.

I loved the game as well. my only issue was the coop missions and sometimes if you disconnected youd have to do it all over again etc etc, but if youre playing with a friend then its fun

I started off not really like this game, but right after the mission where you set fire to the drug farm I really began to dig it. I became one of my favourite games I've played this year and it is in contention as one of my favourite of this generation.

You will have to wait until my year-end awards if you want to hear more about my experience and how awesome this game gets (spoiler this game will get at least 1 award :D).

iirc, it was like a 20 hour plat. The story does not get boring, but capturing some hideouts can get a bit tedious. The best thing I found to do was find a nice spot and start sniping without being detected. I found that to be more fun than running and going. And a lot easier against the tougher enemies.

You'll love it, there's nothing to not love, and hey, when you're finished make sure you take a look at Blood Dragon!!

I don't quite remember how long it took but it was short, still my favourite game this year

Didn't take me long to plat, story was fun, side missions and collectibles were great and pretty much everything you had to do to get plat didn't seem like a chore and was actually just more fun to a great game.

I just bought it and started it yesterday. It can be kind of hard at the moment for me (reaching where the 3rd mission is) because there must be hundreds of rebels between me and them. I'm starting to pick up on it and intend for this to be my 10th platinum.

Cheers everyone thanks for your opinions! Got the plat in more or less 20 hrs though it seemed like more time to me

Did your coop team quit right at the end of each mission, now that was frustrating. Otherwise a really enjoyable game, around 25 hours.

Like I said I did that offline with a friend... I only did it online for 3 missions with the same friend so obviously he did not quit... But that's a boomer when it happens ...

I liked the game, it was a bit over-hyped from people in my opinion, it's not like this game is unlike anything I've ever played like people were saying, however it was still really fun! I actually really liked the co-op, jumped in with random people and we did well as a group.

I forgot how long it took to finish it, seems like it took me a good while but it was probably around 20 hours, lol

Liked it theres not much collection and even when your doing them bits there fun and the coop is good but the missions are quite lengthy. Still really good though have fun getting the platinum

I really liked this game but like many open world games I tend to skip the story line and go to free play...the end result is I didn't open up much of the tattoo branches. Then I made myself a pact to only play co-op with my son who is only over every other weekend. So needless to say I'm nowhere near done with this game however I can still recommend that it isn't hard, not really monotonous, and you'll finish it in no time.

I still haven't platinumed this game (the online trophies are the only thing I have left), but the single player took me around 20-25 hours.

I've been playing it more, really starting to pick up on it. Just did a gaming session with someone on "Rush Hour" and it was AMAZING. I love the co-op. It only crashed once but it was for 2 seconds and it kept me in.

i honestly found this game to be ok at the start, but then it got really boring. i really dont like open world games. 

I loved every single second of the SP, such a great story, and everything was done so well.

That mission where you're burning the weed listening to some dub-step... classic :D

Coop was okay, took me around 25 hours, cause I kept having problems in coop mode.

I got to start BD one day...

Far cry 3 is one of my all-time favourite ps3 game. A unique brilliant open world environment with fantastic gameplay and so much stuff to do. Side missions were awesome. Especially hunting regular animals and rare ones. I also like how you tag enemies and animals with your camera.

The Story was amazing. Took me about 28 hours completing it. After completing it, I loved the game so much so I bought the deluxe bundle dlc, and it was worth it. 

Co-op was also great. I like the concept of the campaign co-op, that has it`s own story in the same setting of Far Cry 3. The only flaws would be the many glitches I have come across: My worst being stuck in a rock in the Overboard map. Apart from the glitches, co-op is fun. Also, it would be good if you could actually still be host of a co-op match when everyone else leaves. But it doesn`t let you do that. It just makes you quit and says insufficient number of players. Multiplayer is awesome, very addictive, I like how you can revive others without them dying instantly before they get shot down. The melee attack animation is cool, the maps are also very good and easy to get used to. The final move, at the end just does a brilliant finishing move to every match.

I wanted the platinum the be a little harder for this game, like completing the game on a higher difficulty eg. warrior or even master. It was preety easy though, the only time consuming ones was collecting the relics and letters.

Edited by ALEXTHEGAMER99

I don't remember how long it took me to platinum, but I did have a blast playing singleplayer.   Multiplayer wasn't as good as singleplayer. But once i got the plat I couldn't think of what to do. That's why I stopped after the platinum.

Single player was straight forward with a few tricky trophies, only 1 playthrough needed too. Co-op I recommend finding someone on here so you don't get frustrated playing with randoms who play the same maps on the hardest difficulty or quit right at the end of the session so your trophy doesn't pop. Lovely game too so you should fly through it!