StygianWolf4

All Collectibles (Bus Simulator 21) [Video]

8 posts in this topic

I made this when the game first came out, and they proved very useful to players, especially the collectibles. Below are my videos for the Angel Shores collectibles, Seaside Valley collectibles, and the locations for the SAM collectibles and location of the Haunted House, as well as how to charge an e-bus with a charging point.

Do you have some tips about quick busstop leveling? I'm doing short routes, but this game is boring as hell... 

Edited by Patrickosan

4 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Do you have some tips about quick busstop leveling? I'm doing short routes, but this game is boring as hell... 

I mostly focused on the content creation side of things, but as far as I know, as long as you're using a particular bus stop on multiple routes and levelling it up in the stop menu, then that's all you can do from my knowledge

Some stops are in bad positions for short routes or wont be used in mission routes.

To fast level select the stop you want to level at first on a route, fast travel, select the bus you are in, start the route, open doors, and fast travel again, start route, select bus, open doors, fast travel, ....... 

It needs 3 to 5 times to level up.

On 18/9/21 at 3:55 AM, Patrickosan said:

Best way I’ve found is just to make a short route with the stops you want to level up (you only need 4 stops to make a route) and make sure it’s balanced (include other stops if you have to). Then just drive it round over and and you’ll level them up pretty quick, like two or three stops per level. Obviously drive as well as possible and don’t use your peak time bus as they level up stops a lot slower.

Don’t know if this one makes a difference, but always have your bus capacity match the route demand.

Ok so I’ve since discovered that none of the stuff I said in the previous post actually matters 😂 so ignore what I said and instead do what @BOOM540 suggested. Create a route with the stop you want to level up as the first one on the list and just keep fast traveling to it, start the route and then opening the doors. I found I had to keep alternating between buses for it to work, but may have just been doing something wrong.

Also just note that when you fast travel, it randomly puts you on either side of the road so just make sure it puts you on the side that is facing the direction of the route otherwise you’ll be on the wrong stop and it won’t work. This method still fills up your payday meter so is a great way to rush through Seaside Valley if you’ve played Bus Simulator 18 already as it’s the exact same game 🤣. They should’ve called this Bus Simulator 21+18 lol.

35 minutes ago, Rowbokop said:

This method still fills up your payday meter so is a great way to rush through Seaside Valley if you’ve played Bus Simulator 18 already as it’s the exact same game 🤣. They should’ve called this Bus Simulator 21+18 lol.

At least the developers added extra collectables to Seaside Valley, that's something xD I hadn't played BS18 before BS21, so I had no prior knowledge of the title, but thankfully guides for BS18 helped with 5/10 collectables.

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

At least the developers added extra collectables to Seaside Valley, that's something xD I hadn't played BS18 before BS21, so I had no prior knowledge of the title, but thankfully guides for BS18 helped with 5/10 collectables.

Hahaha more collectibles are the last thing that’d make me want to replay a game 😂

Poor performance and slowdown aside, I enjoyed my time with Angel Shores, but that enjoyment ceased when I started Seaside Valley only to find it was literally a copy + paste of the previous title. It then just became a trophy completion exercise for me lol.

They definitely made some improvements in terms of UI and menu accessibility etc. so there was a nice flow with no loading between route/bus management and actual driving. Plus the addition of route demand and peak times added another layer of planning, but the performance did let it down quite a bit. Once you’d gotten a few routes and buses under your belt the frame rate dropped to about 15-20 fps and the game sometimes froze for a few seconds.

In addition to that, the AI was still dumb as s*** and you could sit there literally for minutes for a car in front of you with nothing in its way to hurry up and move. This also happened with your own buses on your route so you had to wait for them to move out of a stop and this messed up the timing of your schedule. Needless to say this was frustrating as hell and it was pretty disappointing to see they hadn’t improved it at all since the last game. It almost felt worse. Throw in a handful of other bugs and you’ve got yourself quite an experience lol.

Lastly, the trailers for this game were seriously misleading in terms of graphics. I thought they’d finally done it and produced an A-grade title, but nope I was wrong 🤣. Turned out to be the same grizzly, grainy graphics of the old one and they even reused a lot of the same recordings for passengers. I guess that one though is common of a lot of games and possibly would’ve looked that way on PC but still.

Despite my moan I still thought it was a good game and simulator lol. Who knows, maybe in Bus Simulator 24 they’ll actually fix it 😝