numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

On 21-9-2021 at 3:21 AM, otaviooo9 said:

I managed to create my own sea race and it worked. -- THIS WAS DONE ON PS3.

n5SeXcz.jpg?1

rXbwn6h.jpg?1

On 21-9-2021 at 7:48 AM, AJ_Radio said:

We don't really know if this counts. You still have to play these events with another player, according to the trophy guide I'm reading on this website.

Bookmark this, get a friend and go for it: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/KHOEE7xMt06sZ3MVvVnkUQ 

So I received another reply from R*.  They confirmed that they will be cycling jobs in and out of the game to make room for updates and such.  So sea races and parachuting will be back.  I'm guessing that maybe they will be taking a seasonal approach to various jobs and events.  Regardless, those two jobs/events should be back sooner or later. 

18 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

What's the usual timeframe for GTAOnline updates? Weekly? Monthly? When should we be checking for parachuting to come back?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. No matter what they say at Rockstar support. 

It sounds like an excuse to stall, and then maybe they will bring it back, when GTA V for ps5 comes... It would be right up their alley doing that. 

I really love Rockstars games, with a passion. BUT, as a company, they really dont give a shit...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. No matter what they say at Rockstar support. 

It sounds like an excuse to stall, and then maybe they will bring it back, when GTA V for ps5 comes... It would be right up their alley doing that. 

I really love Rockstars games, with a passion. BUT, as a company, they really dont give a shit...

i understand that and I agree. 

now my question is, how long will it take to determine that this is the case? Obviously if there’s been no change by mid-December then we’ve been had. 

can we tell any sooner? How often does rockstar usually update the game? If they usually update daily or weekly, and 2 or 3 weeks go by without parachuting coming back, then it’s likely not coming back. 

but I don’t know how often they usually update. Does anyone else?

11 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

i understand that and I agree. 

now my question is, how long will it take to determine that this is the case? Obviously if there’s been no change by mid-December then we’ve been had. 

can we tell any sooner? How often does rockstar usually update the game? If they usually update daily or weekly, and 2 or 3 weeks go by without parachuting coming back, then it’s likely not coming back. 

but I don’t know how often they usually update. Does anyone else?

I believe this is the first time they've removed jobs, so we don't really have any past evidence to go off.

2 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I believe this is the first time they've removed jobs, so we don't really have any past evidence to go off.

ok maybe you don’t know their schedule for removing jobs. What about adding jobs? What about altering courses? Adding new outfits or vehicles? This game has been out for almost a decade, surely they have a schedule for making changes go live, and regular players can notice?

anyone?

4 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

The PS4 version of the game updates weekly every thursday morning (7am GMT), which is when the content got removed as September 16th (7am GMT) was a thursday as well. There's always something that changes every week such as in-game sales, double or triple RP/cash activities & any new content that is always added. There's a chance every week that stuff could return as this is the schedule the game uses. This is just the first time something trophy related has been affected, since stuff changes all the time anyway.

Thank you that's exactly what I was hoping someone would tell us. So every thursday we will check if parachuting is back. And if 2 or 3 thursdays go by without parachuting coming back, then we can start to lose hope for it coming back before december, despite the positive assurances from tech support

Parachuting was removed on 16 Sept. And not brought back on the first thursday 23 Sept. This thursday 30 Sept will be the second thursday.

Edited by ziggurism
  • Like 2

Sea Races and Parachuting have been added back into the game with today's update. The official Newswire Post that'll mention it doesn't release until around 15:00 BST but the jobs update at 07:00 and they're confirmed to be back:

So that means the trophy should be obtainable again! Hopefully it'll also mean Rockstar will be more careful about what modes they remove going forward to avoid this happenig again too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marco said:

Sea Races and Parachuting have been added back into the game with today's update. The official Newswire Post that'll mention it doesn't release until around 15:00 BST but the jobs update at 07:00 and they're confirmed to be back:

So that means the trophy should be obtainable again! Hopefully it'll also mean Rockstar will be more careful about what modes they remove going forward to avoid this happenig again too.

Was returned in ps3 version too?

• Like 1