numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

1 minute ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I've contacted support both through their support request feature on the Rockstar website, and support on Twitter. No response on either yet, but hopefully the issue gets enough traction for them to work something out, or at least offer a satisfactory explanation.

The people's champ ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

It's funny cause I thought about you when I read the news since we talked about it on your topic. Let's wait a couple of days, maybe Rockstar will come up with a solution, let's hope at least.

Maybe we should contact the devs and ask them if they have any workaround regarding those unobtainable trophies, if the platinum becomes obtainable only during certain periods thanks to a rotational system, it would still be better than nothing. 

This can’t be compared with Run Like the Wind because when R* removed it on the PS3 it was already on last gen, meaning virtually everyone had moved on to the PS4 version. This recent change on the other hand has me baffled.

I’ve already looked at some Tweets and YouTube videos, people are already giving R* a bad rep for re-releasing the game on the PS5. It’s just lazy.

The mighty have definitely fallen.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

It's funny cause I thought about you when I read the news since we talked about it on your topic. Let's wait a couple of days, maybe Rockstar will come up with a solution, let's hope at least.

Maybe we should contact the devs and ask them if they have any workaround regarding those unobtainable trophies, if the platinum becomes obtainable only during certain periods thanks to a rotational system, it would still be better than nothing. 

Yeah that s a good idea, if someone could contact the developpers , that s would be great

12 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Yeah.  It's possible they might come up with a work around, but I'm not counting on it.  This is R* after all.  They removed these modes to save money, I am sure.  I don't see them spending money on manpower, man hours and know-how to come up with a workaround for a trophy. 

4 hours ago, iamrb2212 said:

Sea Races and Parachuting are unavailable. GTA race and Rally Race appears to be fine, so Backseat Driver trophy is ok. Oh, this was kinda unexpected for PS4 version. Did not see this coming at all, as I keep revisiting this game to boost online with people from time to time when possible. 

Yeah i went back and edited it i thought they all had their sub section in the menus but i was wrong sorry about the misinfromation

1 hour ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

My dad works at Rockstar and he said they are going to bring back the trophy but you need a Shark card to unlock it ?

So it’s essentially pay to win. That’s even scummier than what Ubisoft does to their games. 

1 hour ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Yeah.  It's possible they might come up with a work around, but I'm not counting on it.  This is R* after all.  They removed these modes to save money, I am sure.  I don't see them spending money on manpower, man hours and know-how to come up with a workaround for a trophy. 

Very doubtful those modes were losing them much money. As much times as they’ve milked GTA Online, taking these modes out to be replaced with nothing is a giant slap in the face. 

Might as well try to convince a modder in the PS3 version to put a bounty on you, because from the sounds of it that’s the only real way to get a platinum in GTA V now. 

Having both versions be unobtainable has got to be hilarious. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Why do this on the exact same date as Max Payne 3 getting its servers shut down? 

Rockstar is really slipping up. Meanwhile, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption, both old PS3 games, STILL have online servers going.

GTAIV and RDR1 used the Gamespy servers that closed in 2014. They both got a patch so they became P2P (peer 2 peer) and no longer needed servers. Online progress is now saved on your system. I think leaderboards no longer work but not sure about that. I remember that GTAIV was offline for a few months until the P2P patch.

Edit: And @N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 was clearly joking about the shark card ;)

Edited by Kolm

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

So it’s essentially pay to win. That’s even scummier than what Ubisoft does to their games. 

LOL.  I think that was a joke.  I hope.

With regards to gta4, theres a foolproof method to avoid the glitch outlined in the online guide.  As well as that, i saw the glitch once, and it was easily recognised, and was  caught by the guide method also.  Just keep good notes, and make a side note if something seems odd to make that your first replay.  

Edited by maisie666

9 minutes ago, Kolm said:

GTAIV and RDR1 used the Gamespy servers that closed in 2014. They both got a patch so they became P2P (peer 2 peer) and no longer needed servers. Online progress is now saved on your system. I think leaderboards no longer work but not sure about that. I remember that GTAIV was offline for a few months until the P2P patch.

Edit: And @N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 was clearly joking about the shark card ;)

I played Red Dead Redemption online on the PS3 prior to the Gamespy closure. R* left the online alone for quite a while until they cleaned it up. 

This is just another friendly reminder to always do the online first if you care about the platinum. 

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I played Red Dead Redemption online on the PS3 prior to the Gamespy closure. R* left the online alone for quite a while until they cleaned it up. 

This is just another friendly reminder to always do the online first if you care about the platinum. 

I did both long before the Gamespy closure but I played GTAIV afterwards to help someone out.

Uncharted closure was my wake up call to finish every unearned online trophy for games that were already on my list for a long time.
Currently working on the last one: Criminal Mastermind in GTAV :D 

1 minute ago, Kolm said:

I did both long before the Gamespy closure but I played GTAIV afterwards to help someone out.

Uncharted closure was my wake up call to finish every unearned online trophy for games that were already on my list for a long time.
Currently working on the last one: Criminal Mastermind in GTAV :D 

If they had already released the PS5 version, I wouldn’t be as concerned about this. This is the first time R* made a trophy unobtainable on something that is technically considered current. The PS3 version is no longer supported and hasn’t been for years, so I wouldn’t of cared about it because the servers for that are going down anyway.

There’s little doubt in my mind they could of added some new game modes to replace the ones that were dead. Instead, they screw over the consumers. GTA V on the PS4 is still likely one of the most popular games for online, and I imagine there were still a few people that weren’t trophy hunters who were playing those modes. 

This is exactly why I stopped playing MMOs.

10 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

If they had already released the PS5 version, I wouldn’t be as concerned about this. This is the first time R* made a trophy unobtainable on something that is technically considered current. The PS3 version is no longer supported and hasn’t been for years, so I wouldn’t of cared about it because the servers for that are going down anyway.

There’s little doubt in my mind they could of added some new game modes to replace the ones that were dead. Instead, they screw over the consumers. GTA V on the PS4 is still likely one of the most popular games for online, and I imagine there were still a few people that weren’t trophy hunters who were playing those modes. 

This is exactly why I stopped playing MMOs.

Yeah, I have a feeling that with the imminent release of the PS5 “enhanced” edition we are not going to see anyone from Rockstar address this issue. If someone does, I’ll be really surprised. Let’s hope those that are bringing it to their attention actually get a response. 

10 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that with the imminent release of the PS5 “enhanced” edition we are not going to see anyone from Rockstar address this issue. If someone does, I’ll be really surprised. Let’s hope those that are bringing it to their attention actually get a response. 

A very small chance to be frank. If this is their way of saying “adapt or die” in regards to buying the PS5 version of the game, then I say screw them. 

They got my $120 years ago from buying both versions of the game on PlayStation. 

Absolute dick move. Already said everything I wanted, so no further point in me bashing this further.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

Why the fuck rockstar randomly decide to remove these modes? damn, doesn't make sense. I'm glad I got all the trophies just by uploading my character in 2017

15 hours ago, ScottishNub said:

Rockstar have removed several modes for gtao including (sea races and parachuting) if you have any of these two book it will most likely kick for job not being able to load as i have a parachute activity booked and been kicked multiple times i've called dom and he never picks up now so i guess he's on vacation along with his parachute missions also transform races do not count as a sea race as it falls under another race type https://mobile.twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1438509126674382848?s=09 clearly rockstar didn't think this through 

I sadly don’t see them changing this but to remove it on ps5 only , I remember there was a trophy for calling a mug on the PS3 version and they took that out the game but you could still call them on PS4 to unlock the trophy 

29 minutes ago, JimNGary4Jay said:

https://rockstar-games.directly.com/p/e3488fbc-16fe-498f-8f25-87d338c1a5dd?et=2c9985337bcda1da017bf1426cda33c7

If this will allow you to please click the link. I can't attach an image which would of been easier

That was bad wording since we know it's not attainable, it's been tested. Tell them it's not! Can you link the page to chat with someone new? It doesn't seem to work

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

PS3 version isn't affected, but I don't think that matters because the servers for that will shut down in a few months.

Completely random decision from Rockstar and I just lost a lot of respect for them. Still no official word from their Twitter page since they made the change. Definitely didn't think this through at all.