numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

32 minutes ago, oQ_LAUREN_Qo_7 said:

I sadly don’t see them changing this but to remove it on ps5 only , I remember there was a trophy for calling a mug on the PS3 version and they took that out the game but you could still call them on PS4 to unlock the trophy 

It looks like he is just talking about the server shutdown for ps3. Don't seem to know about the ps4 thing going on

Also I maybe just pissing in the wind with this but yesterday I was just rambling round not doing anything in particular and a free roam event activated which was a parachute jump. Could that be something to do with it? I couldn't actually click on the parachute missions in the online jobs tab as it said I haven't unlocked them. Apologies for the bad wording but I'm still learning my way around the game

39 minutes ago, Vergil said:

It looks like he is just talking about the server shutdown for ps3. Don't seem to know about the ps4 thing going on

No what I’m saying is in 2015 gta 5 PS3 stopped letting you call a mugger because of a exploit and never bothered to change the trophy list, so im saying I don’t see any hope in them changing the PS4 version based on trophies 

20 minutes ago, oQ_LAUREN_Qo_7 said:

No what I’m saying is in 2015 gta 5 PS3 stopped letting you call a mugger because of a exploit and never bothered to change the trophy list, so im saying I don’t see any hope in them changing the PS4 version based on trophies 

My bad. I accidentally quoted you. It was meant for that guy from Rockstar lol

We're going to have to see if Rockstar is going to bother with an actual response. I might jump onto GTA Online just to see how many of those modes I can still play. People already told me a lot of the races are up so you can still obtain that Backseat Driver trophy on your own.

Was really hoping I could at least get a platinum in the PS4 version, even if I can't get the 100% in regards to trophies. I don't really care about the Doomsday Heist DLC because I don't want to go through that kind of time and stress to get two ultra rare trophies out of it.

Because of how active GTA Online is and the fact that the PS4 version is still the latest version we can play (PS5 owners can easily play it on their systems no problem) maybe Rockstar will put up some new content that will enable us to get the trophy again. I'm not holding my breath though.

If not, Rockstar in my eyes is officially in the same camp as EA and 2K Games, particularly their sport games.

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Might as well try to convince a modder in the PS3 version to put a bounty on you, because from the sounds of it that’s the only real way to get a platinum in GTA V now. 

Having both versions be unobtainable has got to be hilarious. 

Parachuting etc has also been removed from PS3's GTA Online. So now, even if a PS3 modder gives you the bounty for the RTLW trophy, you cannot get Numero Uno, and platinum is unobtainable on PS3.

A lot of people, including myself, were doing PS3 GTA Online together recently, scrambling to get some PS3 backlog done, because of the upcoming closure announcement for December 16th. This has pulled the rug out from under us.

Edited by ziggurism

3 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

Parachuting etc has also been removed from PS3's GTA Online. So now, even if a PS3 modder gives you the bounty for the RTLW trophy, you cannot get Numero Uno, and platinum is unobtainable.

A lot of people, including myself, were doing GTA Online together recently, because of the closure announcement for December 16th. This has pulled the rug out from under us.

What I think of Rockstar right now:

kjD83Hv.jpg

Edited by AJ_Radio
added meme

5 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

Parachuting etc has also been removed from PS3's GTA Online. So now, even if a PS3 modder gives you the bounty for the RTLW trophy, you cannot get Numero Uno, and platinum is unobtainable.

A lot of people, including myself, were doing GTA Online together recently, because of the closure announcement for December 16th. This has pulled the rug out from under us.

I’m confused, didn’t others on this thread say the Ps3 version isn’t affected by this? 

1 minute ago, black__bunny said:

I’m confused, didn’t others on this thread say the Ps3 version isn’t affected by this? 

I didn't check because I can't get that version done legit anyway. But since this guy confirmed it, this proves Rockstar is really slipping up as of late.

Rockstar proves time and time again that they have no idea how to be a good company. I hope they fix this because it's ridiculous to think that a multiplayer that is still being supported is now unobtainable for such a ridiculous reason, I doubt those races and missions took any significant amount of data that meant they needed to be cleared due to a lack of players and even if, they should have at least kept one of them in for people who go after the trophy. 

It's stuff like this that always starts to push me away from trophy hunting because you don't know if you delay a game and the next day the devs break a trophy and then take years to fix it. Borderlands 3, CoD Black Ops 3 + Zombies DLCs, Grand Theft Auto 5.

Even Borderlands 1, a 10-year-old game got ruined for no reason. 10 years later they add DLC 4 to the Japanese release, Problem is, DLC 4 was never released in Japan, so the game is in permanent limbo as no one will ever be able to 100% it ever. And Gearbox sure as hell won't release it on PS3 now, especially since Sony was so ready to pull the trigger on the PS3's PSN Store not long ago.

I know I'm going on a rant here, but even gearbox couldn't fix Borderlands 1 on the PS4 their new version of the game that was supposed to be the premium experience on next-gen consoles an even bigger pain to 100% due to a bug in the arena DLC because some poor developer forgot to turn on an entity limiter to prevent the game from crashing, meaning most people on base & slim PS4 will reach the entity limit and then their game will crash because their system doesn't want to render and load anymore entities, so the only way to get through it is to use a fire weapon and make sure the enemies die of fire damage instead of bullets because fire damage causes an entity to burn and be deleted, there is two way to fix this, 1. Limit the number of entities and if it goes above x remove the oldest enemy body, 2. Turn off gore so legs and limbs don't make extra entities. And so I reported this to them, and I did testing, hours and hours of tested, support promised me that they handed my findings over to the dev team currently working on Borderlands 1, but years later my hours of testing a graphs were useless, even when you do the testing for them it's meaningless. 

And I don't even blame the devs, I blame management, I truly believe that there are devs at Rockstar that said this would break trophies and I think management just straight up said "but will fixing it make us money?" I've seen firsthand how these Devs are treated, I know that most of them are passionate about the games they make, but the companies management only wants to focus on what makes money even if fixing a problem is as simple as turning off gore or adding a basic entity limiter, code that's already been written in the base game that just needs to be added to a DLC where someone forgot to add it.

I'm gonna stop ranting now, thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

34 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

It shouldn't be affected because Rockstar stopped updating the game soon after the PS4 version came out. And they have no reason to "remove old unplayed jobs for new jobs" considering they not only no longer support the PS3 version with updates but are also completely shutting down the servers on December 16th of this year.

Edited by Phoenixgaming1
Typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I'm just peppering them with request tickets and tweets in the hope of being just annoying enough for them to answer.

Can you post the related links in the topic to encourage people to do the same thing as you ? If more than one person blow them up, they might come up with something 

32 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I didn't check because I can't get that version done legit anyway. But since this guy confirmed it, this proves Rockstar is really slipping up as of late.

They no longer update the PS3 version and are even shutting it down on December 16th of this year. So they have no reason to make any changes to it. Considering they haven't touched it in over 5 years, I doubt they wasted time to remove game modes from it.

9 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

It shouldn't be affected because Rockstar stopped updating the game soon after the PS4 version came out. And they have no reason to "remove old unplayed jobs for new jobs" considering they not only no longer support the PS3 version with updates but are also completely shutting down the servers on December 16th of this year.

That's exactly what I had thought, but Sea Races and Parachuting are not appearing on the map nor the job list anymore. Rally seems to be working still.

43 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

It did say they earned them earlier this morning 1f914.png

The trophy is still obtainable if that person did those jobs before R* removed it.

Just now, Cruscah said:

That's exactly what I had thought, but Sea Races and Parachuting are not appearing on the map nor the job list anymore. Rally seems to be working still.

Well then maybe jobs aren't tied to any ingame code but rather something on Rockstars servers. And maybe jobs that are shared on PS3 and PS4 use the same code, and when the code for those jobs was deleted from the servers for PS4 it also affected PS3. That wouldn't shock me much because it would mean that even though they don't update the PS3 anymore they can still update the jobs and stuff similar to the cloud updates they do for Christmas every year.

15 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Can you post the related links in the topic to encourage people to do the same thing as you ? If more than one person blow them up, they might come up with something 

I did that for Borderlands 1 on PS4, even did the bug testing on their behalf sent all my findings, was told they forwarded it to the team working on BL1 and that was more than a year or 2 ago. I wasted like 20 hours bug testing for them and still, nothing, the only way to get RockStar's attention is to quite literally make everyone go against them.

BUT, maybe if you complain to RockStar through support thickets they will update your win stats to award you the trophy because once I had to complain about some special rewards I didn't get due to a known bug and told them to please just fix it for me, at first they rejected but then I complained further that they never fix bugs that affect players but only fix bugs that are fun and then they just forwarded it to some higher-up who simply updated my stats and when I next logged in I was told I received items from RockStar, they 100% can change your stats with their current systems. So I wouldn't be surprised if some people manage to get lucky with someone at RockStar support updating their stats.

I think this image I just took pretty much tells the entire story...

P6rH5NF.png

43 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

snip

Personally I'm getting to the point where I'm getting too damn old to care about this shit.

I know people are tired of the constant "back in my day" discussions that seem to be all the rage now, but because of this crap I am one step closer to fully buying that line of thinking. Completely unprofessional for R* to suddenly make a drastic change like this especially when the PS4/Xbox One versions are still supported.

It's funny that you mentioned Borderlands 1, a game from 2009 that experienced problems on the PS4. Mafia II: Definitive Edition had the same crap, graphics didn't load properly, and one trophy was already unobtainable due to being glitched until Hangar 13/2K Games were finally forced to fix it. A problem that wasn't on the original PS3/Xbox 360 versions at all. Somehow a game from back in 2010 has problems on newer systems. That is utter incompetence.

I just watched this video 10 minutes ago, apparently a lot of people are having issues with R*.

Such a far cry from the glory days of R* that was the 2001 - 2010 era, when they came out with new IPs and new original ideas for their games. Nowadays they can't even properly fulfill peoples requests regarding features in RDR2 Online, never mind the fact that over the past decade only two games had come out from R*.

You cash in on Shark Cards in GTA Online, then you suddenly remove a few modes (which let's be honest, probably took a very trivial amount of space)? No, I'm sorry, but you're a complete utter piece of shit R*. There is no excuse for that.

Edited by AJ_Radio
added some input
  • Like 2

So what are we going to do? I already wrote in support, but I'm afraid they just read the letter and will not do anything. 
You need to bomb your English-speaking users on their twitter and support.

I didn't get the trophy in time and my ass is burning with anger now
Edited by U4oloG
  • Like 2