numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

As much as I hate Rockstar. People had 8 years to do that trophy. (Average Online server support for games is around. 8-10 years) Hopefully they fix it. But it’s a no surprise Rockstar is cutting stuff back especially when people don’t play those games anymore. Especially since there is a major boycott of the game because they won’t release GTA 6 already. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 1

Rockstar is a good company in general, delivering products of extreme technical quality. i mean, no matter what, we know how wonderful gta v, red dead 2 etc is. only management and executive decisions involving the future of gta online, among other policies that displease part of the public, these are the complaints. and speaking from a general point of view, the removal of these modes has practically nothing to do with the experience of an average player who is venturing into gta online. it's not like R* is a villain, people just won't care enough about it, there won't be thousands of tweets talking about skydiving removal. my point is, the R* is not that hideous thing, just a bad decision involving a trophy, but i hope they can update the trophy requirement for new people, it would be an absolutely bad decision to make this trophy unattainable.

10 minutes ago, Hollow_Heart- said:

Bullshit argument. They announced they'd shut down GTA online in December. So it's only fair to assume you actually have time to earn the online trophies up to that date.

Shut down for what? GTA 5 PS3? That game has been unobtainable for years. This is for PS4. Don’t really care it’s a “bullshit argument” not even an argument. People’s fault for waiting 8 years to do that online trophy. For new people I understand the frustration. Why I said I hope they fix it. But if people procrastinate on a trophy. This is what happens. 

Not trying to sound like an asshat. It’s just the struggles of trophy hunting. Why you should always attempt to do online first.

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Shut down for what? GTA 5 PS3? That game has been unobtainable for years. This is for PS4. Don’t really care it’s a “bullshit argument” not even an argument. People’s fault for waiting 8 years to do that online trophy. For new people I understand the frustration. Why I said I hope they fix it. But if people procrastinate on a trophy. This is what happens. 

exactly. 

whats more important to R* ? Money, or a bunch of goofs whining about a trophy being unobtainable.

Ill answer for you.. Money

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Oh really? they've also deleted those races on PS4? I'm working my way to the Platinum on PS3. On there those races are also unobtainable. But no matter how long people wait to get certain trophies. It's a dickmove to make trophies unobtainable without prior notice. It's extremely easy to change the trophy requirements, if they really insist on deleting stuff.

• Like 3

Another thing people need to understand, absolutely no online game is safe in terms of trophies, be it ps3 ps4 ps5. any kind of online trophy will always be in danger so try to earn yours as quickly as you can, there is no guarantee that an online trophy will be available, even a recent game may unexpectedly have some feature or mode or weapon or anything that makes any trophy impossible.

1 hour ago, SKiL_Clash said:

As much as I hate Rockstar. People had 8 years to do that trophy. (Average Online server support for games is around. 8-10 years) Hopefully they fix it. But it’s a no surprise Rockstar is cutting stuff back especially when people don’t play those games anymore. Especially since there is a major boycott of the game because they won’t release GTA 6 already. 

I agree.  I’ve lost out on online trophies for games where modes have been pulled less than a year after release (NBA 2K19 pulling dodgeball, the only trophy that prevented me from getting a 0.01% platinum, etc.).

While a nuisance, it is not that big of a deal in the long run.  Those things happen.  Pursuing trophies are fun and all but c’mon now, they have such limited importance in the grander scheme.  Trophy hunting is for entertainment, don’t treat it like a job or career lol.   

These trophies have been available for 8(?) years.  That is longer than what I would expect.  And from the sound of it, this is a huge overreaction (big surprise I know on this forum) and that the jobs will be rotating in and out, so still likely attainable at some point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aodir said:

This. I'm surprised it took 5 pages for someone to mention this, nowadays it's pretty common for games with multiple modes to cycle them in order to keep the player base more unified regarding matchmaking, this is just R* poor implementation of that as they could have easily left every mode available in private sessions and still achieve the same result. Just have to pay attention for when they're next available.

Total agree with this, and whilst not chastising Rockstar as the devil, this could have been totally avoided with them giving us definitive notice, so we at least had chance to earn the requirements before the change.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marco said:

As there seems to have been conflicting responses and a few people have asked, I've just loaded up GTA Online on PS3 to check and unfortunately, it seems like these missions are disabled on PS3 too.

I can confirm this, the PS3 version seems to have the same exact issues than the PS4 one.

So Numero Uno is unobtainable for both versions, I'm pretty sure they will fix it for PS4, but there is a high chance they won't fix it for PS3.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The video I posted was basically a guy ranting about Take-Two attacking the modders who have spent years making mods to enhance the GTA Online experience. This is of course for the PC, neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One are capable are having mods, at least to my knowledge. Fallout 4 I think allows mods for consoles, but they're vastly limited compared to what you can do for the PC.

My problem is R* is re-releasing this game yet again on the PS5, and I can probably guess that is going to have an obtainable platinum when it finally comes out. I couldn't care less for the PS3 version, because I couldn't get the platinum in that anyway. Removing those modes as a "shadow update" for the PS4 when that is still supported is completely unacceptable, because they practically pulled us under the rug with that.

I had three months to get the online done in Max Payne 3 because of that server announcement. If I didn't get it done, completely my fault, and now that it's unobtainable I'm glad I got around to it. I won't get the platinum for the PS3 version of GTA V. No big deal for me. The PS4 version however, no real announcement was made other than a little Tweet R* decided to post.

I'm pissed, because I was really looking forward to boosting some of the trophies in GTA Online because I didn't touch it for years. Now I'm stuck with two stacks that I can't get the platinum in either. I'm tempted to either hide one of the stacks or try to send a ticket, which is basically fruitless anyway.

Unbelievable.

?

I just sent a ticket to R* support.  They say you'll receive a response in 24 hours.  Let's see what happens. 

As others have already said, a little notice would have been nice.  It doesn't have to be six months.  One month of notice would have sufficed. 

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I can confirm this, the PS3 version seems to have the same exact issues than the PS4 one.

So Numero Uno is unobtainable for both versions, I'm pretty sure they will fix it for PS4, but there is a high chance they won't fix it for PS3.

I hope you're right.

I had a response from their support too...I asked if sea races and parachuting have been removed and if so will they come back in rotation or will trophy requirements be tweaked. Ironcially Trevor came back to me with very little/ no advice. I have asked from some more clarification but am not hopeful.  Also went to their facebook feedback page as well. 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support and for your question.

We do not have any information to provide on this topic. Here at Rockstar Support, our focus is to help players who are having support issues with our games. For the latest product information on our titles, we recommend staying tuned to @RockstarGames on Twitter and http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire. We hope you understand, and please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you are having technical issues with any of our titles.

We encourage you to please submit any constructive GTA Online suggestions and input that you have via the official Feedback website: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback. Although we cannot guarantee a response, we review submissions and appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Trevor S. Rockstar Support

On another note I booted up GTAO and saw that the parachuting job type hasn't been removed from the jobs tab in the pause menu it just sticks on loading and has no parachuting as the header. So I guess this does support that the job will come back in at some point but it would be good to get some clear information from R* just to put everyone's minds at ease. 

I think I might carry on working on the online trophies in case these come back at a later date and I can jump straight onto them to finish the trophy one day. If anyone wants to help me with some GTAO stuff then let me know. 

On 16/09/2021 at 6:43 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

It makes sense to remove modes that no one plays, but they should have reworked the trophy at the same time. Hopefully, they patch it in the future.

Unfortunately, many devs do not care about the trophies, especially the ones from DLCs. Take PvsZ:GW2 for instance - they've stopped adding weekly portal challenges thus making a couple trophies unobtainable. You can still get the plat but won't be able to 100% the game.

14 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Unfortunately, many devs do not care about the trophies, especially the ones from DLCs. Take PvsZ:GW2 for instance - they've stopped adding weekly portal challenges thus making a couple trophies unobtainable. You can still get the plat but won't be able to 100% the game.

This is worse, because you can't get the plat in GTA V if you haven't done those game modes already. Never mind the 100%, which is already very difficult because of the Doomsday Heist trophies.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Just an FYI incase it does indeed count but player created sea races are still accessible. However I believe parachute ones aren't possible. I'm holding hope that the rotation does indeed happen so I'm just gonna get the remaining requirement done and bide my time, cross my fingers, eyes and toes and see what happens