numero uno (unobtainable)

ScottishNub

2 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Total agree with this, and whilst not chastising Rockstar as the devil, this could have been totally avoided with them giving us definitive notice, so we at least had chance to earn the requirements before the change.

Exactly, it isn't so much they removed the game modes, its that they didnt tell anyone they were doing it so we didnt have a chance to get these out of the way

19 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I got a new response after asking for clarification of the previous one. Say that the devs have been made aware and that they welcome any constructive feedback for GTAO.

Oh, we will give them some constructive feedback alright

46 minutes ago, BiggerManDan said:

I had a response from their support too...I asked if sea races and parachuting have been removed and if so will they come back in rotation or will trophy requirements be tweaked. Ironcially Trevor came back to me with very little/ no advice. I have asked from some more clarification but am not hopeful.  Also went to their facebook feedback page as well. 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support and for your question.

We do not have any information to provide on this topic. Here at Rockstar Support, our focus is to help players who are having support issues with our games. For the latest product information on our titles, we recommend staying tuned to @RockstarGames on Twitter and http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire. We hope you understand, and please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you are having technical issues with any of our titles.

We encourage you to please submit any constructive GTA Online suggestions and input that you have via the official Feedback website: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback. Although we cannot guarantee a response, we review submissions and appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Trevor S. Rockstar Support

On another note I booted up GTAO and saw that the parachuting job type hasn't been removed from the jobs tab in the pause menu it just sticks on loading and has no parachuting as the header. So I guess this does support that the job will come back in at some point but it would be good to get some clear information from R* just to put everyone's minds at ease. 

I think I might carry on working on the online trophies in case these come back at a later date and I can jump straight onto them to finish the trophy one day. If anyone wants to help me with some GTAO stuff then let me know. 

I did see that the parachuting tab is still there. I guess that is good news as it would be more concerning if that tab was gone

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:
12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You cash in on Shark Cards in GTA Online, then you suddenly remove a few modes (which let's be honest, probably took a very trivial amount of space)? No, I'm sorry, but you're a complete utter piece of shit R*. There is no excuse for that.

They claim that this is to help to matchmake because there were too many modes in the game but I can't imagine that parachuting and Sea races being completely removed fixing this issue, they could have left in at least one of each for the trophy and maybe they will in a few weeks or months from now. But looking through comments on youtube videos as well that are people outside the trophy community even dislike this.

It's almost as if there is an easy fix... hmm if only they... I don't know, took a few of every game mode like 4 to 6 deathmatch maps that they would cycle every day with a randomly that was in a special invisible playlist that would matchmaker players into while other maps wouldn't have this for so people can find game modes like deathmatches easier while allowing people to start any job they like with friends? But I mean I just thought of that from the top of my head... 

I mean seriously, there was a better solution under their noses but, that would have taken effort and management can't have the dev improving the game, Take2 Interactive needs to get a new record high quarter. 

I mean they could have left in 1 parachuting and sea race. They already host hundreds of thousands if not millions of crappy custom-made jobs. 

But what's the point of ranting they'll either add back a few parachuting and sea races or they'll leave it to be in permanent platinum limbo.

Ohh how the mighty have fallen... I blame their parent company Take2 Interactive. I don't want to believe that Rockstar is this daft.

1 minute ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

They claim that this is to help to matchmake because there were too many modes in the game but I can't imagine that parachuting and Sea races being completely removed fixing this issue, they could have left in at least one of each for the trophy and maybe they will in a few weeks or months from now. But looking through comments on youtube videos as well that are people outside the trophy community even dislike this.

It's almost as if there is an easy fix... hmm if only they... I don't know, took a few of every game mode like 4 to 6 deathmatch maps that they would cycle every day with a randomly that was in a special invisible playlist that would matchmaker players into while other maps wouldn't have this for so people can find game modes like deathmatches easier while allowing people to start any job they like with friends? But I mean I just thought of that from the top of my head... 

I mean seriously, there was a better solution under their noses but, that would have taken effort and management can't have the dev improving the game, Take2 Interactive needs to get a new record high quarter. 

I mean they could have left in 1 parachuting and sea race. They already host hundreds of thousands if not millions of crappy custom-made jobs. 

But what's the point of ranting they'll either add back a few parachuting and sea races or they'll leave it to be in permanent platinum limbo.

Ohh how the mighty have fallen... I blame their parent company Take2 Interactive. I don't want to believe that Rockstar is this daft.

It's just sheer incompetence. I imagine the parachute activity was rather boring, probably why most people never bothered with it. But why take it out if there is no replacement? Most people just play GTA Online to jerk off and troll other players. It's GTA, it's a giant sandbox that is supposed to be crazy and stupid.

Admittedly I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2 so I can't comment on the single player or the online, but people have already said R* has largely abandoned that as well. Some of those comments on YouTube videos are basically people saying "R* used to release games every one or two years, now we're lucky to get a new game every five years". What people still don't understand is AAA games are a massive project, generally involving thousands of people and they take years to make. That's likely why R* has stopped caring about new IPs because that's too much risk and too much money. The Shark Cards are full proof of a company being far too complacent.

This isn't the days of old anymore where R* could make a couple games every couple years, because games back in the PS2 generation were a lot more primitive and had far less resources involved in making them. And as I say this, I honestly think the game developers were far more passionate back then, at least at the AAA gaming level. You need good leadership and a good team of people working together to make a great product, something that is rarely seen in the AAA gaming industry now.

Why not put some of those parachute and sea race activities as custom made jobs and have them count towards the trophy? Would be better than taking them out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I can confirm this, the PS3 version seems to have the same exact issues than the PS4 one.

So Numero Uno is unobtainable for both versions, I'm pretty sure they will fix it for PS4, but there is a high chance they won't fix it for PS3.

This is likely correct. They've said that they rotate these game modes out temporarily, to make room for new content in the new PS5 edition coming out. So it's likely that they will be rotated back after the new edition has been out for a while.

But they've also said that they will close PS3 edition in december, several months before PS5 edition comes out. That timeline means this trophy will never be back for PS3, but it may for PS4

6 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

This is likely correct. They've said that they rotate these game modes out temporarily, to make room for new content in the new PS5 edition coming out. So it's likely that they will be rotated back after the new edition has been out for a while.

But they've also said that they will close PS3 edition in december, several months before PS5 edition comes out. That timeline means this trophy will never be back for PS3, but it may for PS4

Far too late for the PS3 version, plus you run the risk of having modders in your free roam sessions who can autopop a bunch of trophies.

If they are going through with this we just dodged a bullet, but still, that's pretty lame if we have to wait several months just to get one trophy.

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Far too late for the PS3 version, plus you run the risk of having modders in your free roam sessions who can autopop a bunch of trophies.

If they are going through with this we just dodged a bullet, but still, that's pretty lame if we have to wait several months just to get one trophy.

Playing GTA3 on the PS2 back in the day was one of the most sublime gaming experiences I've ever had in my life. I never wanted the game to end and I was working toward 100%ing it. I had completed everything in the game except for 2 of the 3 offroad missions, when the PS2 was stolen right out of our living room and I never played again.

Until the pandemic shutdown. I resolved to use the quarantine period to platinum every 3D rockstar game, in order. I did the ports to PS4 of GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA (BMX mission was impossible!). I did GTA:SA for PS3 (which was a port of the mobile version and the BMX mission was nerfed). I did RDR1 for PS3, including the online. It was an amazing game with amazing views and landscapes. I had just finished story mode of GTA IV, a few weeks ago, when I heard the news that GTA V for PS3 was shutting down in December, and immediately switched to that. I got hit by the modders with an XP bomb which instapopped my level trophies. I'm annoyed by that, but I still want to finish them all. In a way I'm glad that happened, because now there's no reason not to also accept a modder bounty.

People saying that there's no excuse for people who didn't get their trophies earlier for an 8 year old title, or that it's far too late for the PS3, y'all are making me sad. This was going to be the high point of my shutdown (even though shutdown is over where I am). 

I guess you all already knew that you can't platinum old games, but I didn't. And I thought a december shutdown meant a december shutdown. They could have at least given us a heads up!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Shut down for what? GTA 5 PS3? That game has been unobtainable for years. This is for PS4. Don’t really care it’s a “bullshit argument” not even an argument. People’s fault for waiting 8 years to do that online trophy. For new people I understand the frustration. Why I said I hope they fix it. But if people procrastinate on a trophy. This is what happens. 

Not trying to sound like an asshat. It’s just the struggles of trophy hunting. Why you should always attempt to do online first.

Well ps4 hasn't been anounnced to shut down. 

They are removing modes cause they basically want to. Which imo is even worse to make a trophy unattainable. Mind you i personally don't care for it but i understand the frustration from people

9 hours ago, BiggerManDan said:

I had a response from their support too...I asked if sea races and parachuting have been removed and if so will they come back in rotation or will trophy requirements be tweaked. Ironcially Trevor came back to me with very little/ no advice. I have asked from some more clarification but am not hopeful.  Also went to their facebook feedback page as well. 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support and for your question.

We do not have any information to provide on this topic. Here at Rockstar Support, our focus is to help players who are having support issues with our games. For the latest product information on our titles, we recommend staying tuned to @RockstarGames on Twitter and http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire. We hope you understand, and please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you are having technical issues with any of our titles.

We encourage you to please submit any constructive GTA Online suggestions and input that you have via the official Feedback website: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback. Although we cannot guarantee a response, we review submissions and appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Trevor S. Rockstar Support

On another note I booted up GTAO and saw that the parachuting job type hasn't been removed from the jobs tab in the pause menu it just sticks on loading and has no parachuting as the header. So I guess this does support that the job will come back in at some point but it would be good to get some clear information from R* just to put everyone's minds at ease. 

I think I might carry on working on the online trophies in case these come back at a later date and I can jump straight onto them to finish the trophy one day. If anyone wants to help me with some GTAO stuff then let me know. 

I got this exact response…

Weird that a few of you have had the 'do not have any information' responses, my response was this, and my ticket remains open;

Hello ScintillaWolf,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support and for the information provided.

We'd like to inform you that your case has been escalated to the proper department for further review. Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience.

We'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Max H. Rockstar Support

• Like 1

So. Yesterday my friend RussianAgent_005 advised me to try one thing. 
You need to log into the Rockstar social club on PC using your PS4 account. And add this race to your playlist. 
https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/0xTnRzken0agSVm7NLe4lA
Then turn on GTA5 on PS4, go online, in the game menu, then the cases, notice the saved ones. 
Attention! You will have an anchor icon on the map and you can quickly play and win with any friend! 
If you have this last event then get a trophy! But unfortunately it doesn't work with parachute racing. 
They cannot be added - there will be an error. And in the parachutism game menu, 
you cannot press the cross and on the right of the screen there is simply the inscription loading.
I confirm - yesterday I was able to win on the water and it is now in the statistics!
If you have it last before the trophy, run faster to do it.

Well, I'll continue, like everyone else, wait for the parachute races to open

0082d6101d2be3f0ba749857926b3688.png

Edited by U4oloG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Update from Rockstar:

Hello ScintillaWolf,

Thank you for your patience.

My name is Szymon, I am a Tier 2 agent and your request has just reached my team so I will be more than happy to help you with this.

We would like to inform you that after the recent update to GTA Online, the trophy "Numero Uno" should be still achievable for our players.

As the challenge consists of many requirements, we would like to ask, with which part do you face issues to complete the trophy? We would like to list the requirements for the trophy below, please check in your profile stats, whether you have completed each of them and tell us, which point poses a problem for you:

• Arm Wrestling, Darts, Parachuting, Golf, Tennis and Shooting Range
  • Bike, Land, Sea, Air, Rally, and GTA-Races
  • Deathmatch, Team-DM, Gang-Attack and Survival mode

As soon as we receive a reply from you, we will investigate the case further and provide you with appropriate instructions.

Best regards,

Szymon K. Rockstar Support | Tier 2

So basically their own support are oblivious of the fact that certain game modes have been removed ?

Support teams have always been useless. I've never truly listened to them and taken their word as gospel. They're always oblivious to anything that's actually happening to the game. If anyone remembers Mad Max shutdown when Warner Brothers support said 'the shutdown won't affect any trophies at all'. That spread around psnp and everyone was relieved, until later on it was discovered that it actually does make a trophy unobtainable. Support teams carelessness and lack of information almost ended terribly for this whole community going for that plat.

That sort of thing has always happened where the support team don't know anything and will just give you any old information.