[Update] Patch to fix trophies works! (17Nov2021)

damcrac5

Seems the new patch has fixed people's glitched trophies.  Thread updated to reflect this change.

First update no longer valid.

Spoiler

*** UPDATED ***  (As of 23 Sept 2021)

Patch has been released and it is another mixed bag of success.  Some people have had a couple of trophies pop, but it does not seem to have fixed the issue.  Both Base game and DLC are affected.  Tripwire has been notified on Twitter and has passed the issue on to the QA department, so hopefully we can expect to see another patch in due time.

Original post with potential fixes

Spoiler

Saw this on twitter and wanted to pass along to those who may be having issues with Trophies unlocking like I have experienced as I know there are multiple threads on the PS5 forums for this issue.  

From the link below:

"Further checks for unlocking achievement/trophies. Ensuring the player is properly rewarded with having those achievements/trophies unlocked"

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/maneater-update-expected-next-week-work-in-progress-changlog.2337808/

Here's to hoping it fixes the issue.  I'll update post if it seems to have fixed the issue.  Glad to see them addressing it despite the change at the CEO position almost immediately after DLC release.

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 4

thanks for posting this. I still have my concerns as the DLC saves over the original game file from what i have read online. I have already completed the electric great white objective to which the trophy didnt pop and now that the game as saved i am not too sure what i can do??? If i delete my save then i would need to complete the base game again..................playing on ps5 if anyone has some info or tips??? Thanks 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

thanks for posting this. I still have my concerns as the DLC saves over the original game file from what i have read online. I have already completed the electric great white objective to which the trophy didnt pop and now that the game as saved i am not too sure what i can do??? If i delete my save then i would need to complete the base game again..................playing on ps5 if anyone has some info or tips??? Thanks 

I asked them on Twitter about if I would need to replay to earn the trophies and they said it would be retroactively rewarded. So hopefully you won't have to replay anything.

https://twitter.com/TripwireInt/status/1438683150323011588?s=19

Hey guys played through the whole game once  and didn’t get Island queen in the truth quest DLC 

I have  the 100% saved on my cloud  but if I load it it will overnight the console save ( my reply)

anyway so I’m basically back to the start of the Truth quest DLC  

I kmow there are glitches and issues with game so will Wait for the update this time

could somebody Please confirm exactly what is needed to earn the island queen trophy in Truth quest  after the update?? as I do not want to reply this game a 3rd time (getting annoying now)

Anything I can skip ? ( hopefully some time trails )

Thanks guys 

57 minutes ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

I was originally missing the final apex, 100% new area, 100% dlc and all time challenges. Nothing happened when I downloaded the patch and booted the game up. However, I tried a reinstall and that gave me the final apex upon booting into an area but None of the other ones. 1f605.png wtf lol.

I downloaded the game again. There are no more trophies that have been unlocked.

I wonder, are the trophies bugging dependent on internal counters that reset if you shut the game down?

I platted the base trophy stack on PS5 when the game was released on PS+, and I did it over two days and I’m pretty sure I suspended the game rather than shut it down.

Might be worth a try for folks that are desperate?  I know Mafia III has this problem.

46 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I wonder, are the trophies bugging dependent on internal counters that reset if you shut the game down?

I platted the base trophy stack on PS5 when the game was released on PS+, and I did it over two days and I’m pretty sure I suspended the game rather than shut it down.

Might be worth a try for folks that are desperate?  I know Mafia III has this problem.

I already tried that too but nothing work, a easy trophy like "killing shadow shark" have a glitch too for me, i tried playing offline, reset account from ps5, uninstal, tried playing the game from 0. Nothing work

10 minutes ago, Shidekai said:

I already tried that too but nothing work, a easy trophy like "killing shadow shark" have a glitch too for me, i tried playing offline, reset account from ps5, uninstal, tried playing the game from 0. Nothing work

Another long shot, tried backing up all your data and doing a complete system repair?

Metro Exodus DLC has buggy trophies, and this a solution that seems to work well over in that game’s forum.

Yikes.

Going to list this one as a failed patch to fix trophies.  I did not have any success unlocking trophies for the game. I use a PS4 disc and the digital download of the PS5 version for what it is worth.  They have acknowledged peoples request for help on twitter, so hopefully it will be addressed again, soon...  Good luck to those who are trying! Hopefully we get lucky eventually.

26 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Going to list this one as a failed patch to fix trophies.  I did not have any success unlocking trophies for the game. I use a PS4 disc and the digital download of the PS5 version for what it is worth.  They have acknowledged peoples request for help on twitter, so hopefully it will be addressed again, soon...  Good luck to those who are trying! Hopefully we get lucky eventually.

That's disappointing to hear.  If this is the game that breaks my ability to have a 100% profile that's going to be pretty funny after grinding through GTA5, haha!

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

That's disappointing to hear.  If this is the game that breaks my ability to have a 100% profile that's going to be pretty funny after grinding through GTA5, haha!

That would send me up a wall. I hope they fix it for both our sakes.

However, I haven't seen these issues with the ps4 version and others have said that they have successfully popped the trophies via save import. Eventually, say in 4-6 months, if they haven't fixed it, I may elect to go that route to preserve the 100%.

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to playing this DLC this weekend.  Had a really good time with the base game but heard the early versions of that were super buggy too. Hopefully they are able to get out a patch soon but I may just run through it for fun just because it looks awesome.

10 hours ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

I was originally missing the final apex, 100% new area, 100% dlc and all time challenges. Nothing happened when I downloaded the patch and booted the game up. However, I tried a reinstall and that gave me the final apex upon booting into an area but None of the other ones. 1f605.png wtf lol.

After reading your post, I performed a reinstall of the game instead of just playing after the patch download and the apex trophy popped instantly as well. Thanks for the idea !

That was the only one missing so this nightmare is over for me. Hope they will propose a better fix for everyone else