[Update] Patch to fix trophies works! (17Nov2021)

damcrac5

2 hours ago, LC-Fraggers said:

I finished Truth Quest tonight in one sitting and everything popped when it should have done without a problem. I think at this point the only people having trouble unlocking any of the trophies are those that started the base game prior to the original fix a few months back.

I didn't start the game until the day before the dlc was released. Didn't receive a handful of trophies so I stopped playing. Then I found the work-around and unlocked the remaining trophies. The bugged trophies aren't an everyone problem.  I think it has something to do with the save file, but that is for Tripwire to figure out. 

Just wanted to confirm, the trophies work fine on the PS5 via patch 01.000.008

I had played and completed the base game about two weeks ago, but I didn't start the DLC at all. I started the DLC whilst it was on the above version and I thought I hit the bug as the overall percentage was 98%

However, I just jumped back into it, to do the other trophies, and realised that the overall percentage includes the time trials! After beating the one I had left in the new location, it moved to 100% and Island Queen popped as normal.

Other than that, every other trophy has popped as it should have, with only the one for killing all the hunts left (as I've not killed them all yet).

I'm in the EU so maybe it's only an issue in another region? But, as far as I'm aware now, there is no issue with the trophies anymore.

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

Just wanted to confirm, the trophies work fine on the PS5 via patch 01.000.008.

Bugged trophies aren't happening to everyone. Tripwire still acknowledges that there issues with trophies and are still pursuing a fix. I think it is an issue with save files as starting a new game didn't fix my issue. I had to play the game on a local/ guest account to get trophies to pop. 

I do think that if you are to start playing on this patch you won't have issue, but if you played before the dlc release, there is a chance the trophies might bug on you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LC-Fraggers said:

I finished Truth Quest tonight in one sitting and everything popped when it should have done without a problem. I think at this point the only people having trouble unlocking any of the trophies are those that started the base game prior to the original fix a few months back.

Did you start the whole game over? I'm just over it. I did the game 4 times already still nothing but that was the last patch not 10/12

1 hour ago, King113hit said:

Did you start the whole game over? I'm just over it. I did the game 4 times already still nothing but that was the last patch not 10/12

I have actually never once had a problem with trophies in the game so it all it took me was one playthrough. That said, I never played the PS4 version or tried to import my save over from it. Either it's fine from a fresh PS5 save or I got lucky. There must be something that people are doing unwittingly in-game that's throwing the stat counters off, god only knows at this point.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LC-Fraggers said:

I have actually never once had a problem with trophies in the game so it all it took me was one playthrough.

Same. I purchased the game at launch last year and never had a single trophy glitch on me in all my playthroughs.

2 hours ago, King113hit said:

If you are having issues with trophies, I did find a work-around that has worked for everyone who has tried it.  It does require you playing the game on a guest account, then having to delete your psn profile from your ps5 and then logging into your psn on that guest account after unlocking all the glitched trophies.  See link below for step-by-step and considerations.

4 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I haven't played the DLC yet. I have the PS4 disc but upgraded to the PS5 version and that is all I played and completed. I have held of on the DLC because I have seen people having issues. I hope it would be safe for me to play now. 

It should be fine.

I completed the PS4 version pre-launch (for review) but only started the PS5 version properly a few weeks ago - on the previous patch. I played the game from scratch, without importing my PS4 save, and all the base game trophies unlocked fine. Then, a few days ago, I played through the DLC content on the latest update and every trophy unlocked as it should.

The only 'issue' I had was that the new location was stuck on 98% - but that was my fault, I didn't realise you had to complete both the time trials to make it 100%, soon as I did, the respective trophy unlocked. I didn't have any issues with any of the trophies - as the person above said, it may be related to importing from the PS4 or something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

It should be fine.

I completed the PS4 version pre-launch (for review) but only started the PS5 version properly a few weeks ago - on the previous patch. I played the game from scratch, without importing my PS4 save, and all the base game trophies unlocked fine. Then, a few days ago, I played through the DLC content on the latest update and every trophy unlocked as it should.

The only 'issue' I had was that the new location was stuck on 98% - but that was my fault, I didn't realise you had to complete both the time trials to make it 100%, soon as I did, the respective trophy unlocked. I didn't have any issues with any of the trophies - as the person above said, it may be related to importing from the PS4 or something?

Thank you for the information. I only have a PS5 save. I'll give it a shot.

4 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Thank you for the information. I only have a PS5 save. I'll give it a shot.

Let me know how it works. I’m in the same boat - played the PS5 version only, base game was great. I’ve held off on the DLC as I don’t want to have to restart from scratch if it glitches. I’d also prefer to not have to wipe my entire profile to use the workaround

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Let me know how it works. I’m in the same boat - played the PS5 version only, base game was great. I’ve held off on the DLC as I don’t want to have to restart from scratch if it glitches. I’d also prefer to not have to wipe my entire profile to use the workaround

If you want to be cautious. Go to the save settings on the PS5 and disable auto-upload for Maneater - that way, you'll still have an end-game ready save in the cloud if any trophies don't unlock, so you can easily re-download it. But, I don't think it'll be a problem - just remember you have to finally all collectables and do both races in the new area for it to unlock Island Queen. 

6 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I have the platinum on the PS4, will I be able to finish the DLC on the PS4 and get 100% and then bring all trophy progress over to the PS5?

Don't see why not - it has an import save option. I never imported my save though, I think I deleted it by accident a while ago.

• Like 2

On 17-10-2021 at 2:06 AM, turniplord said:

It should be fine.

You can't say that it should be fine based on your experience. We don't know at this point. The trophies can glitch on anyone and the developer is still investigating the issue. My suggestion is to wait until we hear from them again and they come with a definitive fix. 

Edited by Sten_dardo

3 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

You can't say that it should be fine based on your experience. We don't know at this point. The trophies can glitch on anyone and the developer is still investigating the issue. My suggestion is to wait until we hear from them again and they come with a definitive fix. 

That's your opinion but I literally played through the whole DLC on the PS5 on the latest update and had no issues with any trophies - neither did a few others on here. 

I doubt there will be an upcoming 'fix' as the game seems to be working just fine for those playing through it for the first time right now. I can't comment on those importing, continuing from an old save after starting the DLC, or starting a new game without first deleting all save data from the system, but for those looking to play the base game and DLC for the first time - there shouldn't be an issue.

Two of my mates also recently started the DLC on the PS5 and had no issues either.

55 minutes ago, turniplord said:

That's your opinion but I literally played through the whole DLC on the PS5 on the latest update and had no issues with any trophies - neither did a few others on here. 

I doubt there will be an upcoming 'fix' as the game seems to be working just fine for those playing through it for the first time right now. I can't comment on those importing, continuing from an old save after starting the DLC, or starting a new game without first deleting all save data from the system, but for those looking to play the base game and DLC for the first time - there shouldn't be an issue.

Two of my mates also recently started the DLC on the PS5 and had no issues either.

I can tell you the trophies are still busted. I played the base game when it came on PS+, had no issue. Bought the DLC after the patch that was intended to fix the trophies, and the first trophy never popped. So I never continued playing the DLC. Still waiting for a real fix because I don't like the idea of having to make a new account.

Unless I'm misunderstanding when the "I See Site P" trophy is supposed to pop, which I'm assuming is when you enter Site P for the first time, then they are still busted. I could try downloading my save and trying again, but that hasn't seemed to work for anyone.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I can tell you the trophies are still busted. I played the base game when it came on PS+, had no issue. Bought the DLC after the patch that was intended to fix the trophies, and the first trophy never popped. So I never continued playing the DLC. Still waiting for a real fix because I don't like the idea of having to make a new account.

Have you seen my post about the workaround?

3 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Reading this thread makes me glad I didn’t bother with the DLC.

I think for a majority of individuals, you will not have an issue.  Especially if you avoided playing the DLC right at launch.  I did find a work around if they do glitch, though it is a bit cumbersome and requires deleting your psn profile and re-signing into it on your ps5.

3 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Have you seen my post about the workaround?

I think for a majority of individuals, you will not have an issue.  Especially if you avoided playing the DLC right at launch.  I did find a work around if they do glitch, though it is a bit cumbersome and requires deleting your psn profile and re-signing into it on your ps5.

Yes, as I said, I'm not a fan of having to make a new account. The trophies should just work right. I'll use it as last resort, or just buy a PS4 copy, get 100% and then import the save. I'd just rather wait for a patch at this point.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding when the "I See Site P" trophy is supposed to pop, which I'm assuming is when you enter Site P for the first time, then they are still busted. I could try downloading my save and trying again, but that hasn't seemed to work for anyone.

Just looked at the trophy video - it popped when you're shown the factory and the narrator tells you about the site. I played it on the latest patch, the 1.008 patch.

Trophies are definitely still busted. I'm playing the PS5 version that we got with PS+ a while back. Beat the main game back in May and just bought and started the DLC yesterday. So far Fan Fare and Perfect Timing hasn't popped. I'm at 98% completion and just have Admiral Barbara Terranova left to beat and I should be to 100%. I also haven't beaten Atomic Leviathan yet. I definitely don't like this game enough to play the whole game through again on a blank account to pop these trophies....I'm just going to hope for now that they figure out what they're doing. If they don't fix it in a year or so, I may be more inclined to play through it again....but definitely not right now.

5 hours ago, Briste said:

Trophies are definitely still busted. I'm playing the PS5 version that we got with PS+ a while back. Beat the main game back in May and just bought and started the DLC yesterday. So far Fan Fare and Perfect Timing hasn't popped. I'm at 98% completion and just have Admiral Barbara Terranova left to beat and I should be to 100%. I also haven't beaten Atomic Leviathan yet. I definitely don't like this game enough to play the whole game through again on a blank account to pop these trophies....I'm just going to hope for now that they figure out what they're doing. If they don't fix it in a year or so, I may be more inclined to play through it again....but definitely not right now.

I'm assuming for Fan Fare and Perfect Timing you've done all of the time trials and questers that are spread throughout the original game's map?  There are 11 questers in total, only 3 questers in the DLC area, but 8 through the main map.(one in each area).

https://www.gameskinny.com/be047/maneater-quester-collector-guide-how-to-find-all-questers

Hope that this is the issue and you can unlock the rest of them.  You can speed through the main storyline in about 4 hours if you do have to do another playthrough, but if you do that, I'd refer to my workaround thread to make sure you get the trophies.

ok so i turned on my PS5 and noticed another update for this game. the reason i stopped playing the DLC is because the electric great white trophy didnt pop for me so i thought id wait for another patch. Anyway when i spawned in the electric great white actually spawned too however i didnt get the chance to kill it. Does it spawn in the open world despite already completing the quest?? Thanks 

11 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

ok so i turned on my PS5 and noticed another update for this game. the reason i stopped playing the DLC is because the electric great white trophy didnt pop for me so i thought id wait for another patch. Anyway when i spawned in the electric great white actually spawned too however i didnt get the chance to kill it. Does it spawn in the open world despite already completing the quest?? Thanks 

so i found it again in the open world after restarting and was killing it after draining about 3/4 of its life it literary just disappeared!!! This game is horrendous and another reminder why i stopped going for the easier plats for Indy games like this. Unbelievable