Trophy Thoughts?

turbogeek421

38 minutes ago, nikture said:

You earn these in game, you don't have to pay real money for them. It can be a bit of a grind but should be no problem if going for a platinum.

Excellent news! My 6-year old is looking forward to playing this with me and was hoping to keep paid for loot boxes away from him a little longer :D 

21 minutes ago, ws9lcfc said:

how much does the game cost?

Looks like $50 for the standard edition but there’s also a Limited Edition and PS4 and PS5 releases, as well as 2 digital deluxe offerings. I’m not sure if there’s a free 4 to 5 upgrade.

41 minutes ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

Seems grindy AF.  Not sure what I was expecting, but not this. 1f615.png

Seems like they’ve already committed to 2 season passes, which I also wasn’t expecting. Currently the limited physical edition includes the first expansion pass, but only the ultimate digital version gives you both (for $110 CDN)

Game looks interesting but probably gonna wait til all the expansion content is out and see what’s up then. Likely completing that DLC will help with the grind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Seems like they’ve already committed to 2 season passes, which I also wasn’t expecting. Currently the limited physical edition includes the first expansion pass, but only the ultimate digital version gives you both (for $110 CDN)

I think I'll wait and see what the Passes are about and grab it when ultimate version goes on sale if they add content/trophies as opposed to cosmetics. Right now the base game is A$70, collectors (incl Pass vol 1) is A$100 and the ultimate is A$130.

• Like 1

I didn't even see this list pop up due to the never ending onslaught of crap games and their stacks : /

Anyway, the game is getting a lot of hype, but so far the trailers have just looked "ok" to me. With them wanting $90 for the full package, I was always going to wait it out anyway. If there are trophies attached to the dlc I'll wait for the complete edition blah blah blah...

I wish I could just get excited for a game anymore : ( 

The cars will be cool, though, that much seems certain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I'm actually excited for this game but this list looks easy. I mean it's a Hot Wheels game so not much more to be expected but I hope it has a surprise difficulty somewhere in this list that keeps it a little lower

Bear in mind that the PS3 Hot Wheels game was not an easy game. I have the plat on that, and it was an UR with a lot of collectibles and pretty difficult medal requirements. Doesn't mean this will be difficult, but it might be a trap to assume Hot Wheels means EZPZ kids game

8 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I don't think I know anything about this developer, but I could do with a good kart racer, been a little bit since the last I've played. Hopefully this is supposed to be a good one.

It's from Milestone studios. https://milestone.it/games/other-games/

So it's probably not going to terrible, but based on their track record, I'm not anticipating it's gonna be great either. Certainly I'm not sure it's $100 great. Most of their games are decent, playable racers, but imminently forgettable once you're done with them.

• Like 1