Trophy Thoughts?

turbogeek421

14 minutes ago, HypnosXIII said:

There's already some information on their DLC plans at the below links:

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/news/hot-wheels-unleashed-post-launch-content-plan

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/dlc

Here's a nice picture with most of that info:

Beautyshot_DLC_Plan_ESRB-2-1024x576.png

I'm personally a big fan of some of the IPs they've got planned as DLC. I just want to know if they'll be adding trophies alongside these expansions or not. It's really difficult pre-ordering games these days when they include future content but we don't know if we need them for the 100%...

Fair enough. I don't think this game will keep me engaged quite enough to pay for and play non-trophy DLC after the plat (if that is what it is, who knows). Got way too many other games I want to play. 

13 minutes ago, HypnosXIII said:

There's already some information on their DLC plans at the below links:

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/news/hot-wheels-unleashed-post-launch-content-plan

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/dlc

Here's a nice picture with most of that info:

Beautyshot_DLC_Plan_ESRB-2-1024x576.png

I'm personally a big fan of some of the IPs they've got planned as DLC. I just want to know if they'll be adding trophies alongside these expansions or not. It's really difficult pre-ordering games these days when they include future content but we don't know if we need them for the 100%...

Yeah, that makes it even less likely that I'll be buying this anytime soon. 3 separate passes already announced and there is not one version of the game that includes all the passes. This just screams money grab. Of course there will probably be an Ultimate Deluxe Extra Complete Version at some point.

I'm also not sure what it means when it says Racing Seasons aren't included with any pass. Does this mean they will be free? Or is that yet another pay-walled add on?

This is NOT how to do a game launch. Maybe it works for massive established AAA IP's, but not for this type of game.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 11:51 PM, diskdocx said:

I'm also not sure what it means when it says Racing Seasons aren't included with any pass. Does this mean they will be free? Or is that yet another pay-walled add on?

These are battlepass style things, free with paid tiers.. though it took them a week to actually clarify this since at first they said they were paid only.. I dont like this either personally but still.. it is what it is and not much we can do to change it, though they have said the vehicle rewards will be vaailable at a later date, lets hope they keep their word on that.

I'm still very excited for the game despite the DLC gouging, the game itself looks like a lot of fun and i really hope it delivers

Edited by Snake55wildcat

19 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Can you explain how that whole thing works? I've never had anything to do with a game that uses them.

They are a set of rewards that you can get by grinding the game and completing challenge to act as boosters to how much XP you gain, and at certain XP intervals you unlock one of the rewards. However the 'free tier' only contains some of the rewards, usually a paltry amount. the Paid tier is where most of the rewards are held hostage. My problem with most battlepasses (this one included) isthat the rewards are time limited and only obtainable via this pass system. The devs have said the cars/rewards will be available at a later date but i dont know of any game giving its BP rewards away at a later date either.. so this is peculiar.

Most battlepasses would also pay you back in full but via MTX currency, but so far HW:Unleashed has no MTX.. so we dont know on that front yet either. and many games are adopting this system.. infact this is Milestone (the developer)'s first time using them, so im thinking this may have been more of a Mattel decision (which wouldnt surprise considering Hotwheels Infinite Loop on mobile) than Milestone themselves.

These battlepasses wont be in the game at launch mercifully, they'll arrive at a later date (no exact date was given.. though my expectation is when the DLC begins starting in October 21st (thanks nintendo eshop DLC leak for pass 1 and the release dates & prices for Pass 1 and 2)

Edited by Snake55wildcat
  • Like 1

Gonna be a very fun but slightly grindy platinum. I doubt there will be any hard trophies on there, there may be some settings to make wins easier. 
I’ve got this on preorder for PS5 but I think I should of bought the PS4 version.. the PS5 will probably be a ps plus game knowing my luck. 

2 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

Gonna be a very fun but slightly grindy platinum. I doubt there will be any hard trophies on there, there may be some settings to make wins easier. 
I’ve got this on preorder for PS5 but I think I should of bought the PS4 version.. the PS5 will probably be a ps plus game knowing my luck. 

you say that, but its been a while since a Milestone game went on PS+ not since the first Monster Energy Supercross game a year ago or so and before that it was a MotoGP game on the PS Vita that got PS+ 'd

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 2:51 PM, Snake55wildcat said:

you say that, but its been a while since a Milestone game went on PS+ not since the first Monster Energy Supercross game a year ago or so and before that it was a MotoGP game on the PS Vita that got PS+ 'd

It’s just my luck dude. I’m doubtful they’d give this as a ps plus game but they always have something for the PS5 and pickings are slim. 
It’ll pick up next year though.  

On 17/09/2021 at 4:17 PM, djb5f said:

List appears easy, maybe slightly grindy.  Unless the later career races are a challenge (unlikely).

I’ll give it a go when the price is slashed.  

Reminds me a little of Table Top Racing, was pretty fun.

You can do all of the career mode on easy anyway, so it won't matter that much. The game isn't that hard anyway.

On 21/09/2021 at 2:47 PM, FocusDR said:

I've been playing it quite a bit and I'd say the completion time will have some minor RNG, but nothing difficult 

4 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Are the multiplayer trophies hard? Against how many people do you have to win?

There are 3 MP trophies, all of them can be done with 1 other person in a lobby. Basically, win 5 MP races, you'll get all of the MP trophies from that. I've been playing the game early and it's fantastic.

Edited by StygianWolf4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

There are 3 MP trophies, all of them can be done with 1 other person in a lobby. Basically, win 5 MP races, you'll get all of the MP trophies from that. I've been playing the game early and it's fantastic.

Someone made a video that was suggesting that the game can essentially be broken by wall riding instead of taking turns properly. Have you seen that in your gameplay? 

Wow, I forgot about that dlc roadmap. Three volumes of dlc and you don't even get them all for $90. Then they have battle passes and all types of other bullshit. I read a review that mentions the cars you unlock are almost exclusively RNG blind packs and you can get doubles : / They also said you can "buy" them but didn't specify if that meant MTX or in game currency (because they write half assed reviews). 

Whatever. The only reason I care about this game is the cool Hot Wheels cars, but once I get a fast car that can win races (through RNG, mind you), why switch cars? I don't care if I ever play this or not. I just refuse to put up with additional paywalls once I purchase a game 

• Like 2

Can someone tell me more about the trophies Keeper of Secrets and King of the City? Are these two trophies hard?

These two are the only trophies I'm worried about (and maybe winning a race on hard, but I think I can do that with some practice?).

Edited by anotherfangirl
Grammar error