100% completion trophy (emerald trophy)

ws9lcfc

What do you all think to a new trophy (one similar in merit to the platinum) but is for 100% completion? 

For argument sake let's say it is called an emerald trophy, these are only released once a game has DLC trophies on top of the original list (so any game that only has the original list and no DLC does not qualify). This trophy can be earned and also taken away depending on if you have the 100% or not. So if you have already played the first DLC and earned the emerald trophy and if a game releases a new DLC everyone's emerald trophy will be taken away and will have to be earnt again by completing the new DLC trophies.

For older games that are no longer releasing DLC content there is no worry that you will lose your emerald trophy as there will be no more DLC so you are safe! for newer games still releasing DLC well it will encourage a lot more us to play DLC I am sure! 

This would benefit games massively for example Minecraft and Rocket league, 2 games that I have both achieved 100% completion in but apart from a few extra trophies there is no reward for what is more or less an entire new list accumulatively!

Personally I don't think it is a bad idea, let me know what you all think! 

I think it is as unecessary as the concept of a Platinum trophy in the first place. It's a trophy for achieving other trophies. A concept that I personally dislike. 

You can check how many "emerald trophies" you have by checking the "number of 100% games" on your profile. That number flunctuates as more DLC get released. If that doesn't motivate people to go for 100%, I don't think the introduction of an additional trophy will do so. 

Edited by Arcesius

Just now, Arcesius said:

I think it is as unecessary as the concept of a Platinum trophy in the first place. It's a trophy for achieving other trophies. A concept that doesn't make sense to me. 

You can check how many "emerald trophies" you have by checking the "number of 100% games" on your profile. That number flunctuates as more DLC get released. If that doesn't motivate people to go for 100%, I don't think the introduction of an additional trophy will do so. 

Although I understand what you are saying, I believe the platinum is absolutely necessary and we should be rewarded for achieving all of the trophies in a game. The reason we are all here is because we love to chase for virtual metal, to have a new one and to be rewarded further for completing non-obligatory trophies well me personally I would be all for it and I am sure many others would!

14 minutes ago, ws9lcfc said:

This trophy can be earned and also taken away depending on if you have the 100% or not. So if you have already played the first DLC and earned the emerald trophy and if a game releases a new DLC everyone's emerald trophy will be taken away and will have to be earnt again by completing the new DLC trophies.

For older games that are no longer releasing DLC content there is no worry that you will lose your emerald trophy as there will be no more DLC so you are safe! for newer games still releasing DLC well it will encourage a lot more us to play DLC I am sure! 

People generally don’t like things they feel they earned taken away through no fault of their own. 

Check out people’s responses in general when older titles release DLC and their S ranks here are changed. 

• Like 2

I don't think it would be that well received. I am thinking mostly of the current example of Skullgirls 2nd Encoure who released a DLC after ... I don't know how many years. Or AC Valhalla who is releasing DLCs every 4-5 months apparently.

If they keep releasing that it would mess up the Emerald Trophy. I think the simple 100% S rank is rather ok implemented.

12 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I don't think it would be that well received. I am thinking mostly of the current example of Skullgirls 2nd Encoure who released a DLC after ... I don't know how many years. Or AC Valhalla who is releasing DLCs every 4-5 months apparently.

If they keep releasing that it would mess up the Emerald Trophy. I think the simple 100% S rank is rather ok implemented.

But the problem is the S rank is only something that PSNProfiles does, if anyone wanted to check stats on the console there is nothing

I think it's a bad idea.  Just look at how originally we had non-plats and plats and now stuff that would have been non-plats in the past now has plats.  What an emerald trophy would do is encourage more devs to have DLC so they can have an emerald trophy too.  That's the last thing we need to see happen.

I'd rather see Sony implement something like PSNP has that shows number of games played and number of games 100% completed and counts all 100% equally whether it's a plat, non-plat or a plat with DLC.  That still provides some incentive for 100% because it would be improving a stat but it doesn't provide an incentive specifically to have DLC in a game.