World Spawn Glitch

daniezutton

First Instance:

venturing underground when I suddenly notice lava, diamond, and gold, all at once. So I think to myself, "better save this just in case I die." Well, I died (not on peaceful). No worries, I can just reload my save. Once I reloaded, it spawned me above the lava continuously.

Second Instance:

I had just gotten the Sniper Duel trophy for killing a skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 meters. I decided that I'd take a break. Once I came back and reloaded, I was in darkness. All I could see was stars and my fist.

Has anyone else had issues such as this?

This was in two separate worlds after I had made quite the progress.

Edited by Serge

• 8 years later...
On 12/21/2013 at 7:12 PM, A12 said:

You spawned inside a block.

You should just re-spawn to avoid issues.

This is one of the few rare cases you would ever want to respawn.  

I was playing with my son about a month ago walking on the desert near the coastline and he says to save, well as I'm hitting it a skeleton starts shooting its bow at me.  I get through the save and end up killing him, then die a few moments later.  Now each time it repsawns me and I die immediately to the Skeleton Archer.  Each time you die your experience level will drop lower and lower.  I lost 27 levels through this, and you should never respawn if you can avoid it.  Instead Exit without Saving and reload.  Try to save above ground or in a wide area or area where you aren't easily trapped so you don't get killed in the middle of you saving like what happened to me.