Who needs the sea anyways trophy help

kmosesltd

I'm having difficulty getting this trophy to complete. I have all 8 farm plots created on one island and each plot has a different seed in it. But the trophy hasn't popped yet. 

Do I HAVE to do it the way the guide suggests? (Two rows of four)

Also, I'm wondering if planting the seeds at different times in the game affects the trophy too. 

5 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

I'm having difficulty getting this trophy to complete. I have all 8 farm plots created on one island and each plot has a different seed in it. But the trophy hasn't popped yet. 

Do I HAVE to do it the way the guide suggests? (Two rows of four)

Also, I'm wondering if planting the seeds at different times in the game affects the trophy too. 

When I popped the trophy I had built 8 farm plots and planted everything at one time on a single island. Popped immediately

Wasn't a custom world or on the first island, doubt it matters but just for context of when my trophy popped. 

3 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

When I popped the trophy I had built 8 farm plots and planted everything at one time on a single island. Popped immediately

Wasn't a custom world or on the first island, doubt it matters but just for context of when my trophy popped. 

Did you have the plots layed out in two rows of four like the guide suggests? (Rather the guide says you must)

1 minute ago, VigilantCrow said:

I had them spread out across the beach, in no particular pattern. Only constant was that they were all build on sand and not the grass.

Only constant was they were all on the sand and you planted all 8 at the same time?

I finally got the trophy to pop. I waited until my 8 plants created one of each. Packed up the 8 different plants into crates and disassembled all the plots and took the materials to the next island over.

I laid out the plots in two rows of four (6 plank plots and 2 corrugated metal plots) and then as soon as I planted the 8th plant the trophy popped. I don't know why it didn't pop before. 

I just got this ?, here's what I did:

• I searched and saved one of each of the 8 plants (quwawa fruit was the rarest one to find for me).
  • Loaded them up on the chests on my raft until I found the last remaining plant.
  • Once I found the last plant on an island I created 8 farming plots (all regular ones) and built them as a 2x4.
  • Unloaded all the plants to my inventory and planted them one by one.
  • When I planted the 8th one the ? popped instantly.

• 3 weeks later...