PS4 or PS5 controller preference and why (Excluding Haptic feedback)

amurnin100

1 minute ago, TrozRules said:

PS5. and how can you exclude haptic feedback? its awesome!

plus the design of the controller is awesome, the mini logos are so cool

Agreed but the controller gets dirty after a while and the paint comes off , if it was in black , I wouldn’t mind so much , I do love the haptic feedback but I excluded it due to the PS4 not having it , therefore an unfair advantage :)

I prefer the Dualshock 3, its 30 hours battery life or so is what I value the most on a controller. (at least 20 hours is guaranteed as I remember platting AC2 on my brand new ps3 controller without charging at all).

Just wanted a 20 hour battery life controller with a headphone plug, don't care about the other expensive gimmicks like those in Dualsense

• Like 3

Dualsense is a great controller, but I prefer the PS4 controller just a bit more. It fits snug in my hands and I don’t feel like my thumbs are stressed as much when using the analog sticks (that’s more of a personal issue).

I’ve also seen many reports of the Dualsense having hardware/mechanical issues and never really anything with the DualShock 4 besides stick drift. Both great controllers despite any problems either of them have had. 

• Like 1

I've had my PS5 since day 1, and honestly nothing I've experienced in the last 10 months has come close to justifying the hype around the Dualsense haptics and triggers. It's still a great controller, and I like that it's a bit heavier than the Dualshock 4, but the size of the Dualshock is more comfortable for my decidedly average hands, and the back button attachment is a much more tangible benefit than any of the Dualsense's new features.

• Like 2

My best to worst (only for the 3 more modern consoles):

- PS5: one of the best controllers they’ve created. Of course it is larger so it took my tiny hands some time to get used to but I feel like I have better reflexes with it already. Love the haptic triggers too.

-PS4: my second favorite. After playing on the 5 though, it has made me dislike it somewhat. 
I thought it was miles better than the 3. I do think it has a better battery life than the 5 though. Had R2/l2 breaking problems later on and a lot of controller drifting.

- PS3: I mean for its time it worked and was good, but once you realize how easy the r2/l2 buttons can break you realize how awful the damn thing is. I never use mine.. wait I can’t.. all of mine are completely useless for full game use lol

DualSense.

It's bigger, more heft to it, more comfortable than the DS4, much better design, the quality is exceptional, especially when compared to the DS4 which feels like a toy by comparison. Even taking away the haptics and adaptive triggers, it's by far the superior controller. It's the best controller I've ever used bar none. It even looks better than the DS4.

Currently ps4, dont see the hype around the haptic crap in the new ps5, its just rubbish that barely enhances the gaming experience (and in some cases makes it worse), means more things to inevitably go wrong, and bumps up the price for when you inevitably need to buy a new one.

The ps5 does seem to be a bit comfier to hold, though im bias towards chunky controllers from my Xbox 360 days. The 360 pad is still the best all round pad ive had the pleasure of using. Chunky, durable, and has the analog and D-pad switched round which is FAR superior to having both analogs at the bottom.

• Like 1

I still have DS3 and DS4 in my gaming room. I do not have small or chubby hands.

I have to say, it's incredible horrible the DS3, not ergonomic at all.

DS4 is a great controller and I like that is light, the dualsense is great too.

I guess considering the amount of not console demanding titles I still have on my backlog which I still play on ps4, so I go with DS4.

The moment I totally migrate to PS5 I will have no issues with dualsense.

Dualsense for sure. Way more comfortable since it’s a bit larger and heavier. Has a larger battery and uses usb-c. The haptics, when done well, feel incredible. The adaptive triggers are cool too but the implementation really depends. Only complaint is that the default color is white but I picked up a black one so no biggie. Personally the Dualshock 4 just never felt right to me.

Edit: just noticed it said excluding haptics but they can’t be excluded, they’re an integral part of the controller and one of the reasons I like it so much and this is coming from a guy that hated rumble and turned it off like the entirety of last-gen, it’s that damn cool.

Edited by DeadmanStrife

The haptics are fantastic - the best addition to a controller since analogue sticks, and can’t be discounted.

They add so much to games that use them properly - Returnal and Deathloop for example.

The Duelsense is also more comfortable, and I like the heavier weight in my hands.

Games that make significant use of the mic and the haptics in combination do tend to drain the battery pretty quick though, so you really need 2 - duty and standby -  for longer sessions…

but as long as you do?

It’s no contest

• Like 1