Why is the plat % so low

Jason-DFG

It might be due to how it does not always go down in sales per say like it normally stays around 10 to £15 on psn or on disc just 10 as the game before this one was the greasey aliens colonial marines and people don't really like to give a series another try after a bomb like that unless it is like a really big well known series that has a lot of games and is known for it. Also it might be due to people being too scared to play it. And for my course of not playing it for so long was because my save data broke on me and I have to play from the start again so I thought f that and come back to it another time.

Edited by Lonemankane

30 minutes ago, airpeety said:

For me, it was a bit frustrating towards the end with all the robots, kept getting caught and dying. The alien doesn't appear much towards the end, wasn't enjoying myself so I moved on.

I agree.  The last leg of the game is the worst bit.  Everything after The Anesidora felt like padding.  

• Like 2

It requires most people doing quite a few playthroughs and the game is pretty long. A lot of people are also scared away from no death trophies, especially if the game has tons of insta death mechanics. You still should definitely give the plat a go. Great game!

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

This is a fundamentally great game and it is on my to do list to Plat. I think many people above have come up with good reasons why, for me playing it through again to get no death is a bit of a bind because I dont think it will feel the same, not as terrifying, etc etc.  Probably why I have put off doing it for so long. It strikes me as a bit grindy especially as you can pop it on easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

It requires most people doing quite a few playthroughs and the game is pretty long. A lot of people are also scared away from no death trophies, especially if the game has tons of insta death mechanics. You still should definitely give the plat a go. Great game!

This is the reason.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Because I need to replay it to Platinum, in my list, any game I have to replay just to Platinum, is garbage game, regardless if it is game of the year, or whatever the fuck, considering most games are nowadays over 50 hours of boring crap content. I don't mind replaying for example Spiderman, got Platinum in one Play through, and done a really quick main missions playthrough to 100% it, can you do that with Alien shitolation? No Also it is a horrible boring game, I'd Rather do Predator Hunting Grounds all over again then Replay a whole game from start to finish, hate games that require 2 full playthroughs, or more. That's why I will never start to play games that I would enjoy, like Diablo 2, but looking at trophy list, it's a rubbish grind, and not worth my time, also bunch of better games to Platinum, that can be done in one Play through. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jozivader said:

Because I need to replay it to Platinum, in my list, any game I have to replay just to Platinum, is garbage game, regardless if it is game of the year, or whatever the fuck, considering most games are nowadays over 50 hours of boring crap content. I don't mind replaying for example Spiderman, got Platinum in one Play through, and done a really quick main missions playthrough to 100% it, can you do that with Alien shitolation? No Also it is a horrible boring game, I'd Rather do Predator Hunting Grounds all over again then Replay a whole game from start to finish, hate games that require 2 full playthroughs, or more. That's why I will never start to play games that I would enjoy, like Diablo 2, but looking at trophy list, it's a rubbish grind, and not worth my time, also bunch of better games to Platinum, that can be done in one Play through. 

Sometimes the second playthrough is actually worth it. Final Fantasy VII Remake for example requires a second playthrough on hard difficulty which doesn't unlock until after you've beaten the story once. But because you have to completely change your play style for hard mode, and because the story has some interesting aspects in hindsight, it's worth doing another playthrough.

Edited by Asimb0mb

1 hour ago, Jozivader said:

I don't mind replaying for example Spiderman, got Platinum in one Play through, and done a really quick main missions playthrough to 100% it, can you do that with Alien shitolation? 

Yes, you can. As long as you keep reloading before a death saves, you can easily get the plat in one playthrough, if you follow a collectible guide. I messed up my no death playthrough the first time and had to redo it, but it is absolutely possible to plat this game in one playthough.

There is an excellent walkthrough guide from @Optinoobyavailable on this site that is basically 100% in one playthrough.

• Like 1

Yes, if you watch YouTube videos like I am to get the trophy in one go 

, yes, but if it was a blind run, without a guide, because I didn't want to ruin my fun, then no, that's two play throughs, basically I already know the outcome of everything because I watched a full playthrough so I don't fuck up and miss a collectible along the way,.. Side note had to ruin the whole experience so I don't have to replay it a second time. Its not a problem for me, i can delete it after and add it to crap games to Platinum. And I have been there 100s of times, having to replay a game because I missed a collectible. 

I'm using guides even if it ruins the experience, better then a second playthrough 

• 6 months later...
On 9/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, GUDGER666 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but i stopped playing early because it was too scary. I suffer badly from stress and anxiety.. My heart was pounding. Game is fu***ng terrifying. 

Yea I had that why I stopped, but then you got to remember it’s all a game and you get to try again if you just play it first and enjoy it. Like watching a scary movie. Also weed lol 

As others have said, there are more than a few reasons why: it's a really long game with a litany of tough trophies, ones that take the whole game, or ones that require constantly looking at a guide, all of which are turn-offs. It's difficult to want to play it without dying while also finding everything and doing other specific tasks. Splitting its trophies up into multiple playthroughs is just as bad since that elongates the tedious process.

I love the game (there's a reason it's my avatar) but it's not something I want to make the time to platinum. If the game had been less than 10 hours tops, I'd maybe try it. But stretching out that tedium to dozens of hours and multiple runs that are all tedious in their own unique ways is not appealing.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Intense horror game, several playthroughs, a no death run, a high difficulty run, a no killing run, many well hidden collectibles to be found in hard to navigate areas while being hunted by a oneshotting enemy. Most trophy hunters are not completionists, the more casual ones decide whether a game is worth to plat for them or not. Given that many of them have a tendency to play through a game blindly at least once before using guides and other stuff to help them complete it, that makes one blind playthrough and depending on how daring they want to be, up to 4 more if they feel uncomfortable combining several conditions into one run, which may look like it is too bothersome for a single platinum. Especially the no death run in a several hour long game is a deal breaker for many, some may not even know that there are ways to make it much more feasible than similar no death horror runs like Outlast 2.

• Like 3

I love the Alien franchise and this game to me is the best adaptation, reminded me a lot of the original movie, in terms of difficultly it was more a test of patience than skill, after a while the Xenomorph movements become predictable, the worst part to me in the no death run was the face huggers lair, they are tiny, come out out nowhere and there are 2  aliens on your ass to top the turd, it's a platinum I'm very proud of because it's a test of endurance.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2