Tips 2022 (Rent , etc.):

Seamndel

• When doing Multiplayer + DLC , start by winning 3 "Scavenger" matches. Winning this DLC mode 3 times will net you an assignment (assignment = in-game challenge). 

Completing this assignment early on unlocks the option to work on 4 other new assignments. 

These 4 new assignments can be worked on simultaneously, and are required in order to unlock the XBOW weapon/trophies. 

Having the 4 assignments active early-on will let you make progress while working on entirely different multiplayer trophies. This will spare you a few hours of work in my estimation.

One of the new assignments will require you to use an item called a "Soflam" - an item by which you can get the "designated" bonus - which you can only spawn with if you're In the recon class. Make sure to level up your recon class to at least 26,000 points to unlock this item.

*pretty sure it's enough if at least one player has the Soflam unlocked, since you can just have him die and pick up his loadout.

• As of 2022 , to rent a server you need to add enough money to your wallet on the PS3 store to cover the expense. Otherwise,  if you try to rent in-game, an error will ensue. 

Since Sony has retired the ability to add funds to the PSN wallet via credit card/Paypal in 2021, the only remaining options are 1)Add funds on PS5/4/PS Store webpage (via PSN code card/Credit card/Paypal) > enter the PS Store on PS3 and the funds should be there > Go rent the server through in-game , or 2) Add funds via PSN code card directly on the PS3's PS Store.

• If at least one player has all the weapons already unlocked, it will save everybody from many, many hours of grind.

*I haven't checked, but there is a "weapons unlock" add-on on PS3 Store. Suggestion: if every player throws a little bit of money in, one player can buy the weapons unlock. Once tha "weapons player" is in game, he simply is killed/suicides and drop the required gun for other  players - teammates and enemies alike - to pick up. 

• the only way to know exact number of kills with each weapon is through the battlelog website.

• Battlelog only updates once the match is over (either the match naturally ended, or everyone artificially left). 

• We found out during the course of play that getting kills to quickly sometimes results in them not registering on Battlelog/towards the trophy. After this discovery, we simply started taking a couple of seconds between each kill. 

Regardless, the way to know for sure if you got 10 kills with a weapon is if you get an "unlock" pop-up of your first scope. The pop-up will usually look like a 2-D illustration of either a Red-Dot / ACOG / Reflex / Zoom sight and will only appear once per weapon after you get your first 10 kills with it.

*Yes, an unlock pop-up will appear even if you yourself have still not unlocked/own the weapon.

• There is still a regular player base In Team Deathmatch , on a map called "Noshahr Canals". Play this naturally to get to level 45.

Edited by Seamndel
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

The last sale for premium for battlefield 3 on the ps3 was in 2017 premium edition (digital game with dlc) in 2019 (I'm glad i bought it then and there). The price for premium for the disc version is at 19,99$€ it includes all 4 dlc packs and is the cheapest way to get all of them (individually they are priced at 14,99).

You can still go for the achievements legit by playing on the PanzerCynos server. I'm at my last weapon assignment right now doing it all on that server (May have to wait a few days before he changes server rules before a map or mode is available)