The online Servers are back online

bloodraizen

The online servers for Socom confrontation are back online and Have been online since January 2021. It’s best to join the discord group Saveconfrontation. The discord group has over 4500 members. You can find more information over on the discord . The trophies can be earned but I’m not aware if all can be earned due to possible glitches in the servers. none of the Cheater Removers have approved the server yet. 

Edited by bloodraizen

31 minutes ago, bloodraizen said:

The online servers for Socom confrontation are back online and Have been online since January 2021. It’s best to join the discord group Saveconfrontation. The discord group has over 4500 members. You can find more information over on the discord . The trophies can be earned but I’m not aware if all can be earned due to possible glitches in the servers.

Are these Gonespy servers that have been cleared by the Cheater Removers before people go earning trophies and get flagged for them based on your thread?

27 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

The servers need to be open source for there to be any chance that they're allowed on here. If it's the servers brought back by the PSOne group then they'll be closed source and not allowed on here.

I read all u need us dns to join.   Only requirement is ps3 and dns and internet 

16 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

I read all u need us dns to join.   Only requirement is ps3 and dns and internet 

If the source code isn’t accessible to see what’s happening when that server at that DNS address is reached, it’s not going to be allowed for the leaderboards here. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Don't think that matters. All of the code needs to be open source.

Warhawk is closed source and the people who have brought it back have great power: they can ban anyone they want, they could theoretically make the XP earn rate 50x permanently if they wanted. I don't know how the SOCOM project is though. I hope it's open source as i'd really like to do this game myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Are these Gonespy servers that have been cleared by the Cheater Removers before people go earning trophies and get flagged for them based on your thread?

As far as I can see it can't be used for trophy progression. It's still attached to the PSN online emulated group that are working on Twisted Metal and Warhawk. Which means closed source.

The only change this year is they went Private Open Beta for Socom. Which usually means you still need to ask to join but it's open to anyone without a vetting process or restrictions to numbers. They were talking about going public possibly later this year in an older Post I seen. But that would probably just mean open connection to the server. Not open-sourced code, as they have been quite protective of their work.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I have no idea what any of that means. But I do know to access the servers are very similar to the demons souls ps3 servers . 

2 minutes ago, bloodraizen said:

I have no idea what any of that means. But I do know to access the servers are very similar to the demons souls ps3 servers . 

Per the post after yours, any trophies earned from these servers will be considered illegitimate and flagged per the posted rules of the leaderboard. 

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Don't think that matters. All of the code needs to be open source.

Warhawk is closed source and the people who have brought it back have great power: they can ban anyone they want, they could theoretically make the XP earn rate 50x permanently if they wanted. I don't know how the SOCOM project is though. I hope it's open source as i'd really like to do this game myself.

Exactly this issue with it being closed source. Further while they are dedicated to keeping the servers as close to true as possible with original bugs or exploits possibly included they are doing testing and fixing still. And this alone can make the server illegitimate.

Because if they fix certain bugs/exploits that made a trophy possibly unachievable or vice versa before on the original servers. They are essentially changing the original status of the trophy. Which honestly at that point if it did happen, it would be comparable I feel to someone hacking the game since they are modifying the original code/server/game from what it was.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, DaivRules said:

Per the post after yours, any trophies earned from these servers will be considered illegitimate and flagged per the posted rules of the leaderboard. 

I hope this isn't true. I'm already seeing people on here with unlocked trophies within the past year and I got a copy on the way right now. I'd hate to have to use my other account just to play this game

11 minutes ago, botman2020 said:

I hope this isn't true. I'm already seeing people on here with unlocked trophies within the past year and I got a copy on the way right now. I'd hate to have to use my other account just to play this game

you will be flagged if you win some trophy in this game and sync with psn. use an alt, or don't mind the leaderboard (which honestly isn't worth anything at this point) or, if you prefer, you can get the trophies in your main account but leave them hidden and not receive any flags for that.

edit: I just saw that you already have a flag for black ops 2, the limit is 2 flags, be aware

Edited by kevao97

44 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

you will be flagged if you win some trophy in this game and sync with psn. use an alt, or don't mind the leaderboard (which honestly isn't worth anything at this point) or, if you prefer, you can get the trophies in your main account but leave them hidden and not receive any flags for that.

edit: I just saw that you already have a flag for black ops 2, the limit is 2 flags, be aware

I guess I'll be playing the safe game and play on my second account until further notice. The Black Ops 2 flag wasn't even my fault, but I still had to hide the trophies just because some modder gave me the last trophies. Oh well, not too much skin of my nose

• 2 weeks later...