Billie's never ending backlog

Billie__227

40 minutes ago, popnheart said:

I hope I haven't been too boring to read from so far lol I see you guys writing up amazing in depth game reviews all the time and I'm just over here being lazy 1f605.png I definitely have been having fun though! Finally getting finished with some games I've been putting on the back burner for ages!

Not even! You're having fun and sharing your experience. I think it's great, and I'm looking forward to what you post next! If you're enjoying what you're doing, whatever you post is gonna reflect that, and peeps are gonna dig it. Trust??

It is a good feeling finally getting to old games, isn't it?? This year I knocked out some titles I genuinely thought I never would, it's so satisfying.

Now it's time to check and see if Little Nightmares is on sale...

• Like 4

On 02/10/2021 at 3:27 AM, popnheart said:

? #25: Crash Bandicoot

I platinumed the N. Sane Trilogy ages ago, but left this one daunting trophy sitting in my backlog collecting dust for literal years. I'm sure you can all guess which one it is lol. Its a huge relief having this done and makes me feel really accomplished and proud to finally have my childhood nostalgia game trilogy fully completed. Now, getting the plat for Crash 4.. that's even more stressful to think about ?

Nice going! You put that one to bed nice and quickly, once you went back to it.

The first time I played Stormy Ascent I went into the level with 99 lives and I'm fairly sure that I used all of them, just getting the Box Gem ?... The relic - yeah that's something else...

It feels great once you get it though right? I think I frustratingly died overshooting the jumps with the birds on the final stretch more than anything. 

You'll get Crash 4 don't worry - you've got that awesome never give up attitude to keep you plugging away at it.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 0:56 PM, YaManSmevz said:

It is a good feeling finally getting to old games, isn't it?? This year I knocked out some titles I genuinely thought I never would, it's so satisfying.

Such a good feeling! Tbh I am dreading a few of the games in my backlog but that should make it all the more satisfying when they're finally done.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 0:39 PM, rjkclarke said:

The first time I played Stormy Ascent I went into the level with 99 lives and I'm fairly sure that I used all of them, just getting the Box Gem 1f606.png... The relic - yeah that's something else...

Pretty sure I maxxed out my lives when I was trying to get the gem too lol. Its cool that time trials don't cost lives but having to beat the level in one go is a nightmare.

It feels great once you get it though right? I think I frustratingly died overshooting the jumps with the birds on the final stretch more than anything.

I definitely feel like a weight has been lifted for sure! Those last few jumps were the worst part for me too lol.

You'll get Crash 4 don't worry - you've got that awesome never give up attitude to keep you plugging away at it.

I'll keep you guys posted! I'm planning on getting around to it soon. I'm trying to finally clean up Beyond Two Souls right now. The "All Endings" trophy has been a real pain.

• Like 2

So I have a question for you all. I've got a friend who is trying to clean up their trophy list as well and they have the Friday the 13th game on theirs. They really want me to play with them and get trophies together, but I'm not sure if I want it on my completion record. I thought the servers were down or something and I wouldn't be able to complete it, but apparently not? What do you think?

• Like 1

I am a bad influence, but I'ma say go for it.

Reason#1: It's only the right thing to help the homie out.

Reason#2: That's some UR trophies under your belt!

Reason#3: If/when you pull off the plat for yourself, you're gonna feel pretty bad ass!

Reason#4: It's my understanding that while the platinum journey is a merciless grind, the game itself is actually rather fun.

I don't know how helpful this will be, but them's my thoughts!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, popnheart said:

So I have a question for you all. I've got a friend who is trying to clean up their trophy list as well and they have the Friday the 13th game on theirs. They really want me to play with them and get trophies together, but I'm not sure if I want it on my completion record. I thought the servers were down or something and I wouldn't be able to complete it, but apparently not? What do you think?

I don't know squat about the game, but I gotta agree with @YaManSmevz and say go for it!

Playing a game with friends is so much more important than a completion rate. Avoiding games because they might drag down a completion rate is a slippery slope, and a path to blandness, but missing out on fun with friends to preserve a completion rate is never something anyone would feel good about in the long run. 

In the end, if you have some good times murdering each other, and the cost is that you end up with a forever incomplete game on your profile, would you really say that wasn't a price worth paying, or that the time was poorly spent? :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

Thanks guys, you're right ? I was leaning toward doing it anyway, I just needed a little push haha. We've been grinding RE6 trophies together and trying to decide what to work on next. I have some pretty difficult UR trophies to worry about in the games I've already started too, and I've accepted that it might take me ages to get them. I just get so stressed with online games because I know the servers might not always be there lol. I don't necessarily mind my completion not being 100%, but I think it would bug me if I knew for a fact I had any completely unobtainable trophies on my list. But I think I'll do it regardless. I never played it and I hear its a lot of fun!

• Like 3

:platinum: #23: Resident Evil 6

I don't know why it took me so long to just sit down and get this plat! Its one of my favorite RE games AND I was able to clear up my last remaining trophies with a friends help in co op. We had a blast, and we'll probably start working on RE5 together next! That one may be a bit more tedious. After that, we're gonna grind online trophies in RE6 to try and get the full 100% ? besides the sort of annoying grind of saving up skill points to max out skills, this a fairly easy and fun plat that doesn't overstay its welcome. Definitely recommend it if you enjoy the series!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Himiko Toga said:

Very impressive work on your creativity. Crash Bandicoot's hardest stage Stormy Ascent can be very challenging to pulled it off and I'm pretty confident you can do it. You should plat all Resident Evil series from zero all the way to eight. Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you! That's actually the plan. I hope to one day get all the DLC trophies for them as well but RE2 and RE7 are giving me some trouble ?

I get a cookie and you get to befriend the Valkerian creator! lol, lucky you ^ _ ^

(Anyone who platinumed all Crash games, all Spyro games, and Ape Escape 2 is SS ranked friend material, lol. I'm impressed. I never had the patience to complete the Crash games. I did complete Jak and Daxter in the ps2 however. And I got the 120 stars in Super Mario 64, but that was using a N64 emulator with saved states, so it doesn't count, lol.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

I get a cookie and you get to befriend the Valkerian creator! lol, lucky you ^ _ ^

(Anyone who platinumed all Crash games, all Spyro games, and Ape Escape 2 is SS ranked friend material, lol. I'm impressed. I never had the patience to complete the Crash games. I did complete Jak and Daxter in the ps2 however. And I got the 120 stars in Super Mario 64, but that was using a N64 emulator with saved states, so it doesn't count, lol.)

I see you also have great taste in games! Nice to meet you, new friend! I will admit I almost gave up on the first Crash game because of Stormy Ascent, but I forced myself through it lol. Have you played Crash 4 yet? I haven't platinumed it yet and its giving me absolute hell >.<

• 2 weeks later...

So I've taken a bit of a hiatus from posting, but I just got my ?# 27. Little Misfortune!

I had this in my cart for ages because I love a good dark, weird, but cute little game, and this one did not disappoint. Not difficult to get all the trophies, by any means, but I enjoyed it for the story. The art style is adorable, the story is unnerving, and its all combined with a dark sense of humor and occasional south park style moments that just make you go "what the hell did I just watch". Over all I recommend!

I just grabbed a couple more games I'll start working on soon too ^.^

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, not trophy related but I think my psn might be hacked or banned. Anyone know how to tell? I randomly got logged out of the ps app on my phone and can't get back in because apparently my password is wrong (but I know it isn't) and every time I try to log in or do anything it makes me do all these captchas and then says its sending me a password reset email but I still haven't received one despite trying over and over. I'm across the country right now visiting some family and my ps4 is back at home so I can't do anything to check if something is up on there too or if the app is just giving me trouble again. Perfect timing for something like this to happen, am I right? Lol. I have put so much money and time into my games over the years and I don't know how I'll handle it if all of that is just gone. I'll be home tomorrow so I can try to log in on my ps4 then and actually call in and try to talk to someone if I need to, but I don't have much hope if I really am hacked or something. I do have a really obsessive bitter ex from years ago who has attempted to organize mass reportings of my accounts on various platforms in the past, and they bothered me again recently so I really hope I'm not banned because of something stupid like that. I know I haven't broken any terms of service but I also know trying to talk to Sony and sort out wrongful bans is often a useless waste of time. Sometimes I really wish I had just gotten into trophy hunting as a personal hobby and not posted about my progress publicly. People suck.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that, that's awful! What a horrible thing to have to think about while you're trying to enjoy yourself with family. Sorry, I don't have any actual useful information, I just wanted to cross my fingers for you that it's nothing too terrible and send you positive vibes.

You're not wrong though, people do suck?

• Like 1

hey friend, i hope you manage to reverse your situation. if your psn was effectively hacked, you can, yes, recover in the support chat. there are some details that you might find useful, such as the console serial code your account was created on, the associated date of birth, and other information. therefore, in the event of an attempted hack, even if your data changes, you still have hope.

I hope you do, and when it does, use two-step verification on your account through your smartphone. I also double check my associated emails. good luck, everything will end well!

My account seems fine when I log into it on the PS4. I don't know why the app kicked me off and is making me answer endless captchas and not sending me the emails it claims to be sending me. I can't help but wonder if some suspicious activity happened on my account, like a hacking attempt or something that failed. Either way, I only seem to be having issues with it on my phone. I have logged out and auto logged back in repeatedly on the console but not fully signed out to the point I have to enter my password to log in again. I'm so scared of getting booted from my account at any moment lol. I haven't gotten any emails from Sony about suspicious activity but then again they haven't been great about emailing me lately. I hope my email address wasn't changed by a hacker or something. I will keep you guys posted when I go for some trophies soon. Thanks for the support through this ;^; 

• Like 3

I'm pleased to see that you were able to get back in fine on your PS4.......

..... That was definitely quite bizarre what seemed to have gone down - and I guess still is to some degree. I'd be terrified myself about losing all that digital content and everything that comes along with it, if stuff like that was happening, so I do get it. 

Fingers crossed that this is the end of your troubles with this kind of thing... With any luck before you know it you'll be back to chopping down your backlog and racking up those shiny trophies in no time!

• Like 2

Whats even weirder is that there are suddenly no emails at all from Sony or playstation in my inbox.. even the old ones that were there seem to have just disappeared? I'm very confused and concerned. Google hasn't told me that anything suspicious is going on with my Gmail account, but I doubt sony could manually delete old emails from my inbox. I think I might need to give support a call on Monday anyway, just to try and get some peace of mind.

I just figured it out but I am no less confused. A while ago I made a new email specifically to use for PSN stuff and apparently my account is using my old email again? I went through a whole process of switching everything over to the new email a while ago. I don't know how this happened but my 2 factor authentication still works and all that so I feel a bit better, but still puzzled lol.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...