How easy is this games platinum?

XxTerryH15xX

As previous owners said the game is not easy, what is easy is what you have to do to get the platinum, beat the game on hard, that's it. No collectibles, no skill kills.

I got the platinum playing coop with my bro, and enjoyed it (probably because of that) and even with that advantage i could notice that is not easy.

Now, if you're an experience shooter player probably will find it easy due its linearity and simplicity, the flank parts were a pain in the ass, really easy to get stuck for me, but again, those stuffs related to cover and shoot are bread&butter for shooter players.

Maybe it's just me but, it seems like every review that "you heard of" usually ends up being total crap until you play it yourself.

All I ever heard was:

1. It's a cheap, terrible movie game - Bullshit! Some of the facial expressions and body movements during minor, mid-level cutscenes may not be the best graphics ever but, when you're in the heat of battle and diving between cover and shooting and blowing stuff up, the graphics and gameplay are extremely well done. Bullets hitting concrete walls and dust flying, all the little body reactions to everything; very nice indeed. It has a good storyline and fantastic sound and voice work as well.

2. It's short - Bullshit! Some levels are a 20-30 minutes and 1 or 2 firefights but, some levels are an hour long or more and the battles keep going and going. Multiply that with the fact that you're probably gonna die 10 times during the rough sections and the cutscenes can't be skipped and you get the feeling like this damn thing is never gonna end. Whenever you hear someone say they beat it "in like 5 hours or whatever", slap yourself for believing that YOU can beat in 5 hours.

3. It's easy - Bullshit! On hard, this game possesses some of the most frustrating sections ever. Combine uber sensitive controls, erratically moving enemies and a camera that just won't stop fucking rocking all over the place, and it's insanely easy to go through 400-500 bullets and not hit a single target. It might be mildly easy if you had the pleasure of playing co-op with a partner that isn't a total moron but, playing solo means, even though there's several people on your team, it's pretty much you against the world because, unless you understand how to position yourself so that they can be effective, your teammates couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel. They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. You literally have to flank the enemy, stand up and say "Over here!", make the enemy turn around and then MAYBE your teammates might actually shoot something.

So keep in mind, it's not short, it's not easy and it's not a bad game. ;)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

So keep in mind, it's not short, it's not easy and it's not a bad game. ;)

This game can be completed in under 5 hours on hard, how is 5 hours not short. I did find this game easy but there are easier games out there. if you are no good at this game then it is going to take you a long time to complete this game.

Combine uber sensitive controls, erratically moving enemies and a camera that just won't stop fucking rocking all over the place, and it's insanely easy to go through 400-500 bullets and not hit a single target. 

Seriously is it possible to go through this game and use that many bullets on one enemy and miss. 

I think I will have to play this game again to have a look at the camera because I don't remember having any trouble with the camera or hitting enemies but I did play this game 4 years ago, I didn't play it long enough to remember much of it just a terminator, a tank, a terminator motorcycle and a red light.

I beat this game in 4 hours 57 minutes and 50 seconds look at my PSN Profile if you don't believe me. I also saw others with faster times than me although not by much but if you are no good at shooting games then it will take you a long time to finish this game.

I actually quite enjoyed my time with this game, moreso than a lot of games I've spent $60 for actually. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I played co-op with my wife but the game isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Plus you can find it for super cheap at GameStop so I'd say it is definitely worth the money.

Parker

i agree i thought it was a decent game. i didnt experience any glitching and thought it was quite fun although it was easy and very short

It has a few spots that can be tricky on hard, otherwise it is a breeze... I played it twice... Once solo for me, got the plat... and once in co-op at a friends house so he could get the platinum and play the game as well... I thought it was a decent game... Not award winning, but decent enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still stuck at the end of chapter 3 where you have to throw pipe bombs at the terminators. Been here for 3 hours lol oh god I feel stupid

This was the exact spot I was talking about when referring to the poor level design! Its almost impossible not to get riddle with bullets when playing solo on that freaking part especially when trying to haul booty up the stairs! Yeah, it definately took me over a hour to get passed that area too.

• Like 1

I managed to beat this in a day. 7-8 hours i think.

As another user mentioned above, the enemy AI is broken in places and the game suffers from numerous bugs and glitches. I wouldn't say it's a terrible game, but then it's far from being great either.

I actually picked this up for £4 pre-owned. Got the Platinum, then traded it in the following day. If you see it cheap, then i recommend it.

Just prepare yourself for much frustration!

• 2 months later...

NO, don't pay for bad games just because of easy trophies. It caters to a bad industry standard. Trust me, I fell into that trap myself when I got too hooked on Achievements/Trophies.

If you're adamant on playing through crap just for trophies get it used and on the super cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

about 8 hours or so, depends how many times the terminators kill you.Quite possibly the most lucrative game, with the least amount of time needed... I mean, sure plat wise... it is maybe 3rd easiest...... but what other game gives you 11 gold trophies with just the plat? I bought the game used, and didn't know the trophies were easy as fuck until I got home and looked up the trophy guide... which isn't really needed. I played through the game twice, once solo, another time in co-op at a friends house. The game isn't exactly GoTY worthy, but for 10 bucks you'll get a bit of enjoyment out of it, especially if you like the movies. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I somehow managed to plat this game by myself and I couldn't have felt more satisfied with my plat. That is because most of the gamers who got the plat and say the plat is easy, have played with a human co-op player and some would say the game would be 10/10 in difficulty without an actual person helping you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

This game gets a bit of a bad rap imo.   Sure the Plat is pretty cheap, and bugs and glitches don't help, but the game has it's moments...  I played it years ago but from what I remember I came around to the cover & flank combat and the odd set piece was enjoyable.   Not going to win any awards but not as bad as it's often portrayed.

If your a terminator fan you'll be happy simply being in a game where you fight terminators.

There is one part maybe the first time you might have a bit of trouble is going up some stairs and you fight 3 terminators going up the stairs as you set bombs ( something like that ) but a few tries and you should be good.

The only annoying part is the ship part imo. Gotta shoot down a flying hunter killer Near the beginning of the game

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If solo get ready for a little bit of a grind

If your co oping which I would suggest about two to three hours.

It's much more enjoyable in co op as well even though people said that it's a crappy game this game was definately designed for co op.  I had it lock up six times on me and had to hard set eachtime which was not fun.