Is it worth playing (completionist)?

depresso-cat

Honestly, I would never even give this game a second glance if it wasn't free. In general, I don't play or like multiplayer games, and honestly, judging by a few multiplayer modes for single player games I played for completion  - I suck ar them.

However, I feel like playing something different once in a while, and I was passively looking for a multiplayer game to complete. Now it would be the time to play this game, while there's still some active players, and get some rare trophies.

How tedious is this game? Do you have any fun playing it? Keeping in mind, that if I start it, I will have to complete it, should I go for it?

I found the game rather boring and slow. Playing quick hunt matches solo with randoms was very unenjoyable and painful tbh. So I decided to boost everything with multiple consoles. 

I'm sure the game must be fun if you have 3 friends to play as a full fireteam with mics.

As for the trophies, if done legit, they can be very very grindy and annoying. But luckily you can boost all but 1 trophy in private matches with modifiers. You can even start a match with just yourself or bots and grind some trophies that way. If you have multiple consoles or a friend to boost with, the game can probably be done in about 50 hours. If you intend to do everything legit probably 150h-200h+. Boosting the trophies was pretty chill and kinda fun with all modifiers, which made the game very fast and broken (in a good way lol).

So yeah the best thing about this game were the tv shows and videos I was able to watch while selfboosting it xD

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 2

This game got a lot of hate when it was announced on PS+, so I almost didn't start it.

I had fun with it, the 100 quick matches went by way faster than I thought they would. This game has the most inept playerbase in my opinion though (only for the fireteam, predators are almost always absolute pros), playing with randoms can be very painful.

100km is a joke with rubber banding.

1000 claims is a bit tedious, but with a boosting partner can be done in roughly 30 matches, giving them also 30 exfils for the needed 100.

Overall, the grind is still real despite bots and modifies, but way less than expected. Maybe check out some gameplay videos and decide if it's for you.

4 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

This game got a lot of hate when it was announced on PS+, so I almost didn't start it.

I had fun with it, the 100 quick matches went by way faster than I thought they would. This game has the most inept playerbase in my opinion though (only for the fireteam, predators are almost always absolute pros), playing with randoms can be very painful.

1000 claims is a bit tedious, but with a boosting partner can be done in roughly 30 matches, giving them also 30 exfils for the needed 100.

Overall, the grind is still real despite bots and modifies, but way less than expected. Maybe check out some gameplay videos and decide if it's for you.

I tought you can only claim 1 trophy per FT member per match, so 4x30 = 120 claims, how did you get 1000 claims in 30 matches ? Am i missing something ?

3 hours ago, RedFox19800 said:

I tought you can only claim 1 trophy per FT member per match, so 4x30 = 120 claims, how did you get 1000 claims in 30 matches ? Am i missing something ?

In a private match, you can set the reinforcements radio so that it can be used 10 times as well as change how quickly it works. By killing the AI fireteam and letting the second player revive them, you can get up to 33 claims per match - 34 if you get the boosting partner as well. Works out to be around 30 ish matches.

On topic, I enjoyed the game but I have rose tinted nostalgia glasses for the film so I'm a little bias on that. I can see why some people find it samey because honestly, there's not much to the game. 2 modes over 6 maps with little variety in terms of objectives. It's a lot of "go here, guard the thing, go there, capture a point" or "kill 4 other players". Now would be the best time to do it whilst there's a renewed player base but if you're not the biggest fan of multiplayer games and like to have a fully complete profile, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you've got an alt account to play it on to test it, that might be the best option.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SlDHEAG said:

I know I'm late to this topic and maybe you've moved on but this game is actually a ton of fun, solo but even more so with a friend or two. Worth the effort and the grind.

I did move on (deleted the game off console and all). Might come back to it at some point, but looking at the backlog in my library of the games I'm definitely excited to play, I decided not to waste time on a game I'm not sure about:)

I don't have friends (at least who games a lot), so I was mostly hoping this game would be fun to play online with randoms, and wouldn't feel like a grind/could be platinumed legit (without boosting).

Now I'm having similar dilemmas about Mortal Kombat X ?

On 9/20/2021 at 8:04 AM, Infernopommes said:

what do you mean by 100km rubber banding? ????