How Hard is the Raid with Randoms?

Startyde

I'd say it's VERY hard! I've been trying to complete chapter 2 for 48h and each time someone leaves the group bc another player misses a jump or die... Only one time the group played very well but there was a bug and we couldn't get out of a cave after going for the chest :(

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, Startyde said:

Was watching some vids and seems a but involved, but for those who have completed it, especially recently, are you comfortable saying it cane be done with a pickup group or is more coordination involved?

It's possible, but I wouldn't bother. You want people with mics, and they need to be dead set on getting the trophy, otherwise they will start leaving at some point. I can't imagine a lot of random groups making it through Chapter 2.

• Like 1

This is my first post ever. I am doing this because I was kind of shocked. I was a bit afraid of the Raid trophy and today was my lucky day I guess. I done the first Chapter and second Chapter in one try with 2 different groups. Chapter 1 everyone had mics and Chapter 2 3/4 had mics. Of course we died a few times within the Chapter but I managed to do it first try with 2 different groups. Noone was leaving and noone was mad when someone failed a jump. After that I managed to do the third Chapter in second try. First Group noone had mics and I left after we failed a few times. 5 minutes later I found another group with 2/4 mics but one guy was so good that he carried us. The last Chapter is just a Boss fight.

First Chapter : 1 Hour 15 Minutes

Second Chapter : 2 Hours 38 Minutes

Third Chapter : 13 Minutes

• Like 4

did all raids with randoms that carried me as I had no idea what i was doing (could fight and stay alive well enough but no idea what to do) i also didnt have my mic on at the time so i played a guessing game when i had to jump to my set platform for that particular raid and oddly enough i managed pretty well lol. Make sure your level is high enough though as most decent players will leave when matched with low levels

tl;dr: doable with randoms, better without

I group up with my bro and play with 2 random players; manage to finish the legend mode.

Actually chapter 2 is possible to go through with random player but you really gonna bet the luck on matchmaking with some patient player. If none of them do not know how to solve the puzzle, atleast you can study with some video in advance to take the lead on giving clear instruction for the group.

For the jumping color section, if you take the lead make sure take the green color as the 2nd part you have a consequence green to jump, if you didn't instruct to follow keep on jump over, the re-do on that section can be pretty annoying (run through red orb section + powerful archer surrounding).

For the corrupt & purify ring section, make sure instruct the one who guard on the purify ring DOT NOT simply out from the ring (it wasting your partner opportunity of kill count in the corrupt ring as 2 of the players not stay in purify ring the kill NEVER count), you able to stay survive inside purify ring was good enough, when pass the ring to the one who corrupt 7 or 8 player, let him to clear a bit the monster on the ring before he stand still there to survive. For whoever stay on the corrupt ring,make sure kill in the small ring, outside of the small ring cover by blood water won't did any head count, it was huge misleading to certain player.

For the last blood tower section, instruct everyone to buy a time for you and you volunteer to go through the left & right (route to obtain 2nd crystal & 3rd crystal section) by yourself. It tough especially left (graveyard area) but possible, clear the entire path then backtrack to take the crystal and run in smooth to return it.

The rest of 3, 1 left, 1 right keep guarding on the spawn blob and kill the monster without let them walk to the blood ring for fill up the blood tower (extra 1 player be a helping hand to run around left right as helper to clear the miss out monster heading to blood ring), it have huge chance to buy lot of time for the player go through the left right route especially left for clean up the path guarding by invisible soldier.

Lastly make sure informed the random player in early (my experience: none of them know what to do in last section caused the time wasting for re-do the entire blood tower; total re-do 4 times & time consume each is roughly 20mins = =|||) for the 4th crystal section to give up defend the blood ring by keep the monster in the center area before the left right player run up to the statue to step on the button, by that time 1 player in the center jump up to move the crystal down then everyone do whatever you can open a path to the one taking crystal back to blood tower, the time to do these steps was enough for you to finish the last section even you give up defend the blood ring.

I did it with no mic and random matchmaking a week or two ago. The only thing that gave me trouble was the end of chapter 2, it took a while to get everything down. Other than that it's totally doable. The only people I ran into were hardcore players that seemed to know the game very well and were just doing their weekly runs of the raid.

I completed all three raid chapters with randoms and no mic. When it came time for chapter 2, I watched a couple of youtube videos so I knew what to expect and I found a map of the platforms online, printed it off, and used this to know when it was my turn to jump. It took us 2 hours and 50 minutes to complete. 

So long as everyone is friendly and has patience, it's possible. The hard part is finding a team that won't bail at the first sign of trouble.

If you haven't already completed the raid, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Look it will depend on the team, if it's "everyone on your own" team, then it's over since coordination is required, an advantage of having a team of people you know is that you can exploit the system like my team did.

For example, if someone leaves the team, no worries, just invite someone else, I did that before without issues I quit several times myself to swap my character build to fight in better condition.

A tip, do not neglect classes, if you plan to play with randoms then avoid having a favorite class, you need to learn to use all of them due to randoms who only play with one class.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OP here. As closure to this thread I finished the raid and had a pretty interesting experience. All three chapters done with randoms.

Raid 1: Lucked out, got a Team of Gear 120 people with mics that raid every week and they blew through it explaining every step. Done super quick.

Raid 2: One person had a mic, two did not. The person with mic never completed Raid 2 and nor did I. The two without mics were pros and knew the raid by heart, often pointing to where we had to jump etc. Reading on the encounters is essential, such as the blood pits and especially the last fight. Im amazed we pulled it off, we kept changing up combinations of players to do the first cemetery part but settled on two Assassins. We finished by skin of teeth. Im not sure if the raid is designed to be finished so close but the tower was fully lit up by the time we placed the last crytsal./ Was the most satisfying finish in recent gaming memory. Took about 2.5 hours.

Raid 3: Noone had mics, I have no idea what was even happening, the Raid started and they killed the end boss in like 9 minutes without saying a word.

All in all, every opinion in this thread is accurate, your mileage will vary greatly based on factors you cant control, but even if you die a lot and you group disbands, you can take the experience with you for next time. 

Closure :)

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although it's of course technically possible, I'm not going to recommend it in the slightest unless you want your playtime to potentially triple. Even with two of my own friends as a team, we had no luck the multiple times we tried with a random - it wasn't until we got the help of someone on the forums (who was incredibly helpful and patient) that we actually got through it. I'd say to use the PSNP Sessions, and look up some walkthroughs yourself before attempting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:16 AM, Startyde said:

Was watching some vids and seems a but involved, but for those who have completed it, especially recently, are you comfortable saying it cane be done with a pickup group or is more coordination involved?

Surprisingly, I've found it easier and easier to complete with randoms. Probably because more and more people are learning how to do each task. Chapter 1 is the easiest to complete with randoms because it requires very little communication. Chapter 3 also doesn't require much communication. However, Chapter 2 is where most randoms (or more accurately known as "randumbs") will RQ on you if they don't know what they're doing. I was bored a few nights ago so I tried Chapter 2. Completed it in UNDER 50 minutes AND without using mics because the other three guys all knew what they were doing. We all had the platform attunement sections memorized (which means we all have no lives). :awesome:

On 4/18/2022 at 9:15 AM, LewNazWar said:

Although it's of course technically possible, I'm not going to recommend it in the slightest unless you want your playtime to potentially triple. Even with two of my own friends as a team, we had no luck the multiple times we tried with a random - it wasn't until we got the help of someone on the forums (who was incredibly helpful and patient) that we actually got through it. I'd say to use the PSNP Sessions, and look up some walkthroughs yourself before attempting.

Not to toot my own horn, but that was me. :ninja:

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:58 PM, Pirelli913 said:

Surprisingly, I've found it easier and easier to complete with randoms. Probably because more and more people are learning how to do each task. Chapter 1 is the easiest to complete with randoms because it requires very little communication. Chapter 3 also doesn't require much communication. However, Chapter 2 is where most randoms (or more accurately known as "randumbs") will RQ on you if they don't know what they're doing. I was bored a few nights ago so I tried Chapter 2. Completed it in UNDER 50 minutes AND without using mics because the other three guys all knew what they were doing. We all had the platform attunement sections memorized (which means we all have no lives). :awesome:

Here's me completing Chapter 2 in under 50 minutes with randoms, no mics and completely unedited (my Ronin's build is in the description):

• Like 1

Just finished it all through matchmaking. Chapter 1 was a breeze. Chapter 2 was pretty bad until I changed to match with mic players only, then some pros who were running for cosmetics absolutely carried me through it. Chapter 3 was also pretty bad, but after a half dozen quits, I finally got in with a group who ran it in five minutes. This was all done on a Sunday afternoon between about 4 and 8 pm MST. Could be worse, but could be better. Just try what you're okay with trying.