How Hard is the Raid with Randoms?

Startyde

Dunno about the raid as I haven't got there yet, have only done the story chapters and so far the biggest obstacle I've encountered is a troll on story mission 3 who underestimated how patient I can be. They were playing rather stupidly throughout, not doing anything and constantly getting downed which I put down to just being poorly skilled or wanting to be carried. Obviously, in hindsight knowing that they were trolling, they probably thought that I wouldn't be able to clear enemies without them but I pretty much solo'd it with stealth kills. On the second to last objective they collected the final coloured orb needed to break a ritual and just stood there or occasionally would just run around with it. Eventually they got bored with me out-waiting them (they would even run to me when I was halfway across the map to see what I was doing and why I hadn't rage quit yet lol) before completing the objective.

They then tried doing it  again on the final stage where you have to fight the 3 brutes with the right orb. They collected the final orb and got downed deliberately with it equipped. However,  I was able to easily deal with the last one without it utilising perfectly timed dodges and the right tools (Ronin) , but the troll got so bored of waiting for me to defeat the final brute that after they respawned they ended up just finishing off the brute themselves haha. Used to happen in RDR2 online as well - they never have the patience to see the trolling through ?  

• 2 months later...

Just attempted the Raid for the first time last night with randoms. 

Chapter 1 was okay, done in second try due to people disconnecting, so at second attempt I got paired with people who knew what they were doing. 

Chapter 2 was a nightmare. Just finding people to fill the party took ages. And a lot of times they disconnected even before the chapter started. I think I got like 30 mins in on the 5th attempt before two of the party disconnected and I gave up. Spent like 2 hours this way. 

Chapter 2 is quite lengthy and requires patience, so I guess I will try to create a session in here and find like minded people.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, TheRealKlatzen said:

Just attempted the Raid for the first time last night with randoms. 

Chapter 1 was okay, done in second try due to people disconnecting, so at second attempt I got paired with people who knew what they were doing. 

Chapter 2 was a nightmare. Just finding people to fill the party took ages. And a lot of times they disconnected even before the chapter started. I think I got like 30 mins in on the 5th attempt before two of the party disconnected and I gave up. Spent like 2 hours this way. 

Chapter 2 is quite lengthy and requires patience, so I guess I will try to create a session in here and find like minded people.

Just FYI regarding your session: You should probably message the other guys individually and ask if the date and time works. One of them I've seen join other GoT raid sessions but the fact he doesn't have Transcendence concerns me.

On 17.9.2022 at 0:44 AM, Pirelli913 said:

Just FYI regarding your session: You should probably message the other guys individually and ask if the date and time works. One of them I've seen join other GoT raid sessions but the fact he doesn't have Transcendence concerns me.

Youre prolly right. But if you and captain_buttbaby are at least serious I think we can find one more random that can run it with us and succeed :)

On 9/18/2022 at 0:15 AM, TheRealKlatzen said:

Youre prolly right. But if you and captain_buttbaby are at least serious I think we can find one more random that can run it with us and succeed :)

Gonna have to throw someone under the bus here, but if you create a boosting session to complete the raids and Captain_Buttbaby joins your session, kick him. I've seen him join multiple Ghost of Tsushima raid sessions dating back to the summer and he still doesn't have the trophy. He's clearly unreliable. And I don't know what happened to the post rating system where you could rate other participants in a boosting session, but it doesn't seem to function or work anymore.

Edited by Pirelli913
Adding link to profile
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...