I Remember Why I Stopped Playing Fancy Pants.

Cleaning up backlog, I downloaded this 2008 PS3 release to the PS3. I hoped it would be better than I remembered it to be, that my patience and skill as a gamer had improved to the point where the platforming experience would be enjoyable. After several hours of pointless deaths from nonsensical mechanics, I remember why I stopped playing Fancy Pants. It's a subpar game that takes itself way too seriously. 

Brad Borne, the developer and programmer for this 2D Flash platformer, never released another title on Playstation. While Brad developed other titles on PC, EA didn't port them to PS3. If they tried, Sony never approved them. 13 years after Fancy Pants Adventures released on PS3, only 300 people have completed 100% of the trophies for the 14,000 copies sold. Brad Borne's website is no longer functional. I'm willing to take the hit on my completion % to walk away from FPA. In my opinion, crappy game mechanics and challenge are not the same thing. Unless you are a hardcore platform fan, steer clear of Fancy Pants Adventures. It's more like Fancy Pants Aneurysm.

• 4 months later...

I can't believe what I just read xDDD

If I remember correctly it was an iconic newgrounds title so trophy rarity probably comes from nostalgia players playing it for first few hours.
I know people are playing this on mobile devices and that could be actually difficult. It gave me a good laugh, but stop blaming dev for how shitty you are in this genre

Edited by WaseWalayse
  • Like 1